Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #76
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Answer: None.

It made it hard? You mean how the kid that got on board a airplane with a shoe bomb? TSA agents have been nothing but a menace since their creation. Groping women, harassing kids and other passengers has been their specialty, not stopping terrorists.

TSA Agents Harass Three-Year-Old with Spina Bifida, Take Away Her Stuffed Animal

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/25/tsa...ar-old-wi.html

TSA harassment sends rape victim to emergency room — RT USA

TSA Agents Harass Disabled Passengers: Cause for Concern : News : TravelersToday

You give our incompetent enforcement agencies way too much credit.

Security is Big Business at Super Bowl XLVII - Forbes

We don't need to be involved with security for the Super Bowl, the NFL makes 9+ billion a year, let them handle it.

Well, those departments you named were their prior to the HS department being formed so no. I have a huge issue with pouring billions of dollars into "security" when it's not protecting us from shit. Again, I'm not talking about agencies that existed prior to 9/11.
One minute you say the gov. can do no wrong but when its a program you don't like they can do no right.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
One minute you say the gov. can do no wrong but when its a program you don't like they can do no right.

Can you show me where I said the gov can do no wrong? Please do.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #78
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nothing like a bias source.

Center for American Progress's Director of Tax and Budget Policy

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton’s campaigns.[5] Its first President and chief executive officer
Facts are still facts.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So Alvin still hasn't answered any thoughts on what defense spending he would cut, and NC_Skins, I might ask you if you had any part of the Welfare 10% you could see as being cut.

We all get so caught up in our own belief of what this country needs, but in order to make it work, everyone has to be willing to put something on the table. and I generally mean something more substantial than a 4 million reduction.

If we can't all do that, I mean go more than halfway, then there isn't anyway this country is going to avoid a massive impasse a la France.

And so everyone understands, I am an extremist. I would take government spending down to the bones in a lot of areas. I would let states set up their own welfare systems, and not have anything more than bare bones oversight, to make sure no gross abuses occur, but if Montana wants to set up minimal WIC, and maximize efforts to get people off, and NY wants to maximize length, let those states constituents pay. As for the rich and taxes, If you want to live here, and put your corporations here, we are going to tax a rate on par with the rest of the world, not grossly over, and not grossly under. For some of the capital flight takes place, some will come back. Defense, I would nearly gut the standing Army and have a strong reserve force uses 18-21 year olds as a mainstay, with a reserve officer corp that maintains some level of consistent training, (yes I was in it, I know that the soldiers in there are for the most part patriots and overall good guys). I would maintain our Navy and AirForce/Space services at current funding for 3 years, placing all leading tech purchases on hold for 1 1/2 years, based on a reasonable assumption that we aren't in grave danger (is there any other kind). I would mandate Military or Community Service for 3 years for EVERYONE when turning 18. Once that service at Minimum wage, with housing benefits like the military has been completed, you have the opportunity to re-up, or move on. Discretionary expenditures would be frozen at 2012 levels and re-visited every 18 months.

None of this will happen, and in my humble opinion, no faction in US politics is going to give up enough to even make a dent.

c'est la vie
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #80
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Facts are still facts.
From you? ROLF!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #81
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Answer: None.

It made it hard? You mean how the kid that got on board a airplane with a shoe bomb? TSA agents have been nothing but a menace since their creation. Groping women, harassing kids and other passengers has been their specialty, not stopping terrorists.

TSA Agents Harass Three-Year-Old with Spina Bifida, Take Away Her Stuffed Animal

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/25/tsa...ar-old-wi.html

TSA harassment sends rape victim to emergency room — RT USA

TSA Agents Harass Disabled Passengers: Cause for Concern : News : TravelersToday

You give our incompetent enforcement agencies way too much credit.

Security is Big Business at Super Bowl XLVII - Forbes

We don't need to be involved with security for the Super Bowl, the NFL makes 9+ billion a year, let them handle it.

Well, those departments you named were their prior to the HS department being formed so no. I have a huge issue with pouring billions of dollars into "security" when it's not protecting us from shit. Again, I'm not talking about agencies that existed prior to 9/11.
Well since the Coast Guard performs a lot of port and border security for Homeland Defense I reassert my stance that you are a loon and dont know WTF you are talking about. You dont know who or what Homeland defense is. And your NFL comment just cements that.
Or do you just drink a lot....cause that would explain it.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #82
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Well since the Coast Guard performs a lot of port and border security for Homeland Defense I reassert my stance that you are a loon and dont know WTF you are talking about. You dont know who or what Homeland defense is. And your NFL comment just cements that.
Or do you just drink a lot....cause that would explain it.

Apparently you didn't understand anything I said. The Department of Homeland Security did NOT exist before 9/11. The Coast Guard, TSA, and some of the other sub groups did exist before 9/11. Get rid of Homeland Security, and move those groups back to where they came from.

How hard is that to understand? Fact is, funding is being put into Homeland Security that wouldn't have if the department was never created.

Again, you have YET to show many any god damn results for all these terrorists we've stopped, which is EXACTLY why the Homeland Security was created for.

What's the problem with the NFL comment? I don't want my ****ing tax dollars being spent guarding some private organization's event. I don't give a flying **** who's playing in that game. We have NO business spending any money providing security for the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't call anybody a loon that posts pictures of dolls in freezers. I'd be more than happy to wager that most people think YOU are the loon, not me.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #83
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Facts are still facts.
Just off the top of my head he blamed Bush for Obama's extension of the Bush tax breaks. How is that if they where set to expire that has to go on Obama. So Obama has over 1/3 of the total def. on his watch but gets 8% of the blame.

Last edited by firstdown; 03-04-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #84
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

NC_Skins I agree on the Homeland Security funding. While there may be some slight gain in the consolidation, the bureaucracy created is just ridiculous.

I disagree about the Superbowl though. I get that it is a privately sponsored event, but it is an international spectacle, and a giant target of US opulence and excess. So I can understand some level of federal assistance in the security. Protecting the population one of the reasonable duties of the federal government.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #85
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Apparently you didn't understand anything I said. The Department of Homeland Security did NOT exist before 9/11. The Coast Guard, TSA, and some of the other sub groups did exist before 9/11. Get rid of Homeland Security, and move those groups back to where they came from.

How hard is that to understand? Fact is, funding is being put into Homeland Security that wouldn't have if the department was never created.

Again, you have YET to show many any god damn results for all these terrorists we've stopped, which is EXACTLY why the Homeland Security was created for.

What's the problem with the NFL comment? I don't want my ****ing tax dollars being spend guarding some private organization's event. I don't give a flying **** who's playing in that game. We have NO business spending any money providing security for the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't call anybody a loon that posts pictures of dolls in freezers. I'd be more than happy to wager that most people think YOU are the loon, not me.
That's the goverments job is to protect its citizens you loon.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

FD and AW why do you two insist on calling posters and those who disagree with you names? Can't you make your case without resorting to that?

Just curious.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #87
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
FD and AW why do you two insist on calling posters and those who disagree with you names? Can't you make your case without resorting to that?

Just curious.
Please find post where I call people names. I just called NC a loom joking around. I guess I should have put JK after it but find another example. If anything I get called the names but you seem to miss that.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #88
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Please find post where I call people names. I just called NC a loom joking around. I guess I should have put JK after it but find another example. If anything I get called the names but you seem to miss that.
Well, my comment was directly following the loon comment(which I didn't see as a joke), and if you don't normally I apologize for the generalized statement.

That said, one of the worst parts of our political society now, imo, is the lack of respectful discussion, instead turning to name calling, or partisan demagoguery. I just wonder if at the discussions of the Federalist papers, if the politicians and civil society of that day were as disrespectful as we as a rule are now.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #89
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, my comment was directly following the loon comment(which I didn't see as a joke), and if you don't normally I apologize for the generalized statement.

That said, one of the worst parts of our political society now, imo, is the lack of respectful discussion, instead turning to name calling, or partisan demagoguery. I just wonder if at the discussions of the Federalist papers, if the politicians and civil society of that day were as disrespectful as we as a rule are now.

Apology acepted. I have said the same as you in the past about the name calling. After I read my post again I can see how calling him a loon may not have come across as a joke. I figured it sounded like a joke because who calls someone a loon now days.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #90
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
NC_Skins I agree on the Homeland Security funding. While there may be some slight gain in the consolidation, the bureaucracy created is just ridiculous.

I disagree about the Superbowl though. I get that it is a privately sponsored event, but it is an international spectacle, and a giant target of US opulence and excess. So I can understand some level of federal assistance in the security. Protecting the population one of the reasonable duties of the federal government.
One thing I don't gat is that the National Flood Insurance Program now falls under Home Land Security.