Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who do you want to start at QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Have they announced the starter for the ravens game? I heard both will play with the firsts, any idea how that is going to be structured?

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #77
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I suppose Peyton Manning "90% short and intermediate, 10% deep" ratio on his pass attempts disgusts you.

Here's the deal, NOT every short route is a ****ing checkdown. The checkdown is the LAST or "panic" option in the play. A quick slant or a quick out is not a ****ing checkdown because it's an early read.
1 out of 10 deep is a team that stretches...

Grossman avgd 6 yards in the air per pass in his start, 7 without that 2 min hurry up, mostly no huddle drive

Beck's passes avgd 3 yards in the air vs the colts, a much softer preseason team (30th ranked preseason D vs Steelers 2nd ranked last year)

Grossman had more good decisions, less bad ones, and no self-caused sacks in each of their starts
Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #78
jonny5dicky

Grossman is the best quarterback that's been in Washington in forever. He's the Redskins future as in the next 3-4 years not sorry ass beck, get real.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Grossman, Beck will be a very unexciting check down machine which I am not prepared for.
Checkdowns are a result of wideouts not getting open or offensive lines not giving enough time for the qb to make his reads, not an indication of a bad quarterback. So if Beck is the checkdown king this season, it will mean we are worse off at wideout or o-line than we've been led to believe.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #80
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
1 out of 10 deep is a team that stretches...

Grossman avgd 6 yards in the air per pass in his start, 7 without that 2 min hurry up, mostly no huddle drive

Beck's passes avgd 3 yards in the air vs the colts, a much softer preseason team (30th ranked preseason D vs Steelers 2nd ranked last year)

Grossman had more good decisions, less bad ones, and no self-caused sacks in each of their starts
Late EDIT: First of all, the Colts have the 13th ranked passing D while having the 30th overall D. That should tell you something about their run D.

Averages don't tell you if the men were open in the first place.

Self-caused sacks? On his second sack had the camera zoomed in and thus the WRs were no longer in the picutre. It very well could have been a coverage sack

The first one, his reads were from left-to-right. Trent was beat and had he pulled the trigger, it would have been an incompletion or interception.

The third one had his reads from right-to-left. The BLINDSIDE backup absolutely embarassed Trent Williams and hence he couldn't hit either of his targets on the left(the RB checkdown).

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 08-25-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #81
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
Grossman is the best quarterback that's been in Washington in forever. He's the Redskins future as in the next 3-4 years not sorry ass beck, get real.
Welcome Rex, good to see you wanna keep in touch with the fans.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #82
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lmao greekskin
Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #83
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Welcome Rex, good to see you wanna keep in touch with the fans.
You're typing what I was thinking. LOL
Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #84
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Yeah, I don't understand the argument saying Beck went against a inferior defense to Grossman. It's the preseason. Everything is Vanilla. You play who you play, it's important to do your best for your team. Both QBs played well. However, Rex didn't get any pressure in his face, which is where he crumbles. If that was the typical Steelers defense, he'd have been blitzed constantly.

Both QBs have looked good so far, but lets not use preseason rankings (from last year) as a valuable metrics. I actually like that Beck got sacked. We saw that under pressure and in bad situations he didn't turn a play that was breaking down into something worse by forcing it. Sometimes taking the sack is the smart play.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #85
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the argument saying Beck went against a inferior defense to Grossman. It's the preseason. Everything is Vanilla. You play who you play, it's important to do your best for your team. Both QBs played well. However, Rex didn't get any pressure in his face, which is where he crumbles. If that was the typical Steelers defense, he'd have been blitzed constantly.

Both QBs have looked good so far, but lets not use preseason rankings (from last year) as a valuable metrics. I actually like that Beck got sacked. We saw that under pressure and in bad situations he didn't turn a play that was breaking down into something worse by forcing it. Sometimes taking the sack is the smart play.
I think the o-line did much better against the Steelers than they did against the Colts. While as a whole, the Colts defense doesn't compare to the Steelers, they do have a very good d-line with two great pass rushers. Beck was poised while facing the pass rush, something that Grossman is not known for. I think Grossman should start this game, to see how he deals with the Ravens pass rush, which should be a better test than the rusty pass rush we saw from Pittsburgh in the first game.
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #86
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Checkdowns are a result of wideouts not getting open or offensive lines not giving enough time for the qb to make his reads, not an indication of a bad quarterback. So if Beck is the checkdown king this season, it will mean we are worse off at wideout or o-line than we've been led to believe.
Or making a bad or too late of a read. Not to say that was always the case and only on Beck's side (Grossman going to Stallworth instead of Davis)
Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #87
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Ron Jaworski giving a good int on the state of the team and 2011 expectations on ESPN980.com. Check a little later as it should be available in the vault.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #88
jonny5dicky

I would seriously dismiss anyone's football intelligence if they actually think John Beck is a better quarterback than Rex Grossman, lmao. Grossman has led a team to a super bowl appearance with virtually little experience, and Drew Rosenhaus said it best, "Rex Grossman is ready to flourish with the Redskins," so stop all the nonsense talk about backup quarterback John Beck. Grossman is going to put up better numbers than Brad Johnson in 1999, you'll all be on the bandwagon soon.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #89
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I would seriously dismiss anyone's football intelligence if they actually think John Beck is a better quarterback than Rex Grossman, lmao. Grossman has led a team to a super bowl appearance with virtually little experience, and Drew Rosenhaus said it best, "Rex Grossman is ready to flourish with the Redskins," so stop all the nonsense talk about backup quarterback John Beck. Grossman is going to put up better numbers than Brad Johnson in 1999, you'll all be on the bandwagon soon.
Oooohhhhh. Ok. Drew Rosenhaus said that??!! Pffff , then why the hell are we in a qb battle for??!! it's done then. Grossman is the starter. Ok next problem the deep Wr corps... Who does Rosenhaus think will flourish with the Skins this year??? Oooooooo I hope it's Hankerson.!!!!! Please let him say Hankerson. !!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #90
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Your schtick is getting old.
Maybe you should try Suck For Luck or something cool like that.