Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

In an effort to narrow the scope of our conversation when it comes to evaluting Jason Campbell and possibly his future as a Washington Redskin, I want to broach this topic from a different angle. His stats are what they are, so there's no debating his production. We're well aware of the woes along the offensive line and the carousel of offensive coordinators and systems since he's been here. Been there, done that. But it's perplexing to me how we all watch the same guy for five years now and yet we're still split down the middle on him.

If I throw out a few names like Philip Rivers or Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb or David Garrard, most fans could tell you with certainty what they like and dislike about those QBs, but there's also consensus whether or not they're good enough to take their teams to the next level. Not so with Campbell and Redskins fans it seems.

Most Skins fans fall into one of two camps when opining about Jason Campbell: a) He has all the tools and potential, but he needs more help and talent around him and has been handcuffed, to some extent, by the team's offensive philosphy or b) Campbell has had long enough to develop into a great NFL quarterback, but he's been eratic, at best, and displays little leadership and isn't an accurate passer.

It's a very odd relationship. I don't know, maybe this is really an excercise in fan phsycology more than evaluating an NFL quarterback. Finally, let me go on the record saying that if the Redskins decide not to retain Campbell's services next season I think either Oakland or San Francisco could be a likely scenerio.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote