Media Bias

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 AM   #76
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: Media Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, ahhh no.it wasn't until the "alternative facts" crew took hold and started screaming fake news that the media was question .Thank God the media has stood firm in the unrelentless coverage of the Tangerine buffoon in the white house.It's their job to question the President and that is what they do.
Pure bullshit.
The media is mostly liberal based pro left.
It doesnt matter which republican is the president, they will go after him on any angle they can dream up.
And their "job" is to sell stories.
And make profits off of that.
They dont have to be truthful stories, they just have to sell.
You try to make it sound like they are some kind of civil service.

Advertisements
Old 05-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #77
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Here dude, you can print 100 copies of this and roll around in it.

Donald Trump Is a Menace to the World: Opinion - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #78
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Pure bullshit.
The media is mostly liberal based pro left.
It doesnt matter which republican is the president, they will go after him on any angle they can dream up.
And their "job" is to sell stories.
And make profits off of that.
They dont have to be truthful stories, they just have to sell.
You try to make it sound like they are some kind of civil service.
My mistake I apologize.I mean after all no one came after Obama did they .

Don't choke on it.

Obama suffers more negative press than GOP, Pew study shows - latimes
Old 05-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Don't choke on it.

It's different. Obama was terrible, therefore the negative media coverage was acceptable. In this case Trump is just a good guy trying to clean up Obama's mess, so it's not ok.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #80
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Don't choke on it.

Ummm - from your article:

Quote:
The media coverage of Obama was particularly rough at the beginning of the year, with an average of nearly 47% negative stories compared with slightly more than 15% positive stories during the first four weeks of January, Pew found. As the economy and his poll numbers improved in March, so did the favorability of his media coverage, but the president still has yet to see more positive coverage than negative in 2012.
The Harvard analysis put Trump's at around 80% negative. If Pres Obama had EVER received 80% negative press reports I believe we would have had a societal mass mental breakdown on our hands because of how easy liberals are offended.

I would say in a society in which about 50% of the public leans toward the left and 50% lean toward the right a 47% negative is what you should expect.(which is why I don't look at the 52% negative from Fox as a dispositive to the fact that the media en masse is blatantly biased)

The sheer hysteria and tidal wave that is the mainstream media simply causes a large portion of the population to ignore them. Personally, I haven't turned CNN on in months, and the network news shows and newsfeeds are really useless as well.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Ummm - from your article:

The Harvard analysis put Trump's at around 80% negative. If Pres Obama had EVER received 80% negative press reports I believe we would have had a societal mass mental breakdown on our hands because of how easy liberals are offended.

I would say in a society in which about 50% of the public leans toward the left and 50% lean toward the right a 47% negative is what you should expect.(which is why I don't look at the 52% negative from Fox as a dispositive to the fact that the media en masse is blatantly biased)

The sheer hysteria and tidal wave that is the mainstream media simply causes a large portion of the population to ignore them. Personally, I haven't turned CNN on in months, and the network news shows and newsfeeds are really useless as well.

Yet the Cult of Trump says Obama deserved that coverage and say Trump does not.The republican hypocrisy is astonishing!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yet the Cult of Trump says Obama deserved that coverage and say Trump does not.The republican hypocrisy is astonishing!
And liberal lack of critical thinking strikes deeper. My post acknowledged fox having a 52% negative made sense just like obama having a 47% negative makes sense given the current bipolar nature of american civil society right now. But an 80%-90% negative from the "mainstream" media is beyond the pale of media bias and is purely venomous.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
And liberal lack of critical thinking strikes deeper. My post acknowledged fox having a 52% negative made sense just like obama having a 47% negative makes sense given the current bipolar nature of american civil society right now. But an 80%-90% negative from the "mainstream" media is beyond the pale of media bias and is purely venomous.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Not when you take into account that the media only reports what goes on and lets face it,the trump cult refuse's to accept his inability to run the country. It's news and the media is reporting the news .The more the right complains about it just proves that they know there is a problem with trump and just don't want those "problems known".
Old 05-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #84
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not when you take into account that the media only reports what goes on and lets face it,the trump cult refuse's to accept his inability to run the country. It's news and the media is reporting the news .The more the right complains about it just proves that they know there is a problem with trump and just don't want those "problems known".
*faceplam*
Did they pay you to say that?
Old 05-25-2017, 08:30 AM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is certainly a false statement.

First, they pick and chose what to report, how much time to spend on reporting it and MOST importantly, they synchronize an angle on presenting a story. There are at-length meetings within news organizations that do this daily. talking points and language are crucial...they develop a script.

Giantone you've dug yourself a terrible pit. Harvard independent study is pretty clear and prominent source.

I suggest stepping back and trying to think independently and objectively....unlike CNN, NBC and CBS.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-25-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #86
MTK
\m/

The bigger problem I see beyond the so called bias is people are getting to the point where they are dismissing legit news or basically anything they don't agree with. Much like the science deniers or anti vaccine movement, it's a scary time when people blow off legit facts.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The bigger problem I see beyond the so called bias is people are getting to the point where they are dismissing legit news or basically anything they don't agree with. Much like the science deniers or anti vaccine movement, it's a scary time when people blow off legit facts.
Good point.

Also what goes along with that point is actual fake news stories that spread on social media...where very over-the-top, made up stories are shared and actually taken as fact by the reader without any type of research or thought for that matter. 60 minutes found that this is a phenomena on both sides, right and left...research showed this. Social media has been quite devastating to the mind, much more dumb and unable to think for yourself. I also think people have a serious problem too with any type of conflict or disagreement. Its easier for people just to "log off" a conversation they don't agree with.

He Gets Us
Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #88
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Giantone you've dug yourself a terrible pit. Harvard independent study is pretty clear and prominent source.

I suggest stepping back and trying to think independently and objectively....unlike CNN, NBC and CBS.

No you keep running away from the facts.I asked you what does it say that even FOX reports Negative news about Trump 52% of the time ,and you ignore it.I ask again,"what form of news and from whom will you accept"?
Old 05-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

A 'back channel' appeal to Iran - LA Times

A 'back channel' appeal to Iran.

You will hear back channel a lot now...all of a sudden, because this is apparently new to snowflakes and general idiots.

But do you remember when Obama sent a top aid to Iran-yes the same country that is a state sponsor of terrorism- before he took office and after he won the election to open a back channel?

He Gets Us
Old 05-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #90
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Kushner’s alleged Russia back-channel attempt would be serious break from protocol - POLITICO

From the link...........

Many said that while presidents often set up back-channel communications with various countries, it’s neither wise nor normal for a president-elect to set up such continuing contact before the inauguration, despite likely pressure from foreign countries.

Also, the idea of using the equipment of a foreign country, especially an adversary such as Russia, would be acutely alarming.