Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #76
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Oklahoma Senators Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Face Difficult Options On Disaster Relief

I wonder how this is going to play out. I imagine some hypocrisy is going to come into play here.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Oklahoma senator: Tornado aid “totally different” from Sandy aid - Salon.com

Right on que.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #78
MTK
\m/

F'ers only care when a disaster hits their own backyard
Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #79
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
GOP Lieutenant Governor Candidate in Va. Compares Planned Parenthood to KKK

I really don't know what to say about this assclown. If this guy even gets a sniff at a position in VA, than I'd say VA is full of morons.
He has virtually no shot of winning the Lt Governor election.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #80
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
F'ers only care when a disaster hits their own backyard
Not sure if that's totally true. He was bitching about the pork in the Sandy bill which seems to be filled with nothing but pork. Here is an eaxmple.

In a December press release, Coburn complained that the Sandy Relief bill contained "wasteful spending," and identified a series of items he objected to, including "$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies."

WTF is that and at 13 billion.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #81
firstdown
Living Legend

In the Sandy Bill.

Heritage Action For America found the bill contained “$150 million for fishery disasters but the language could allow money to be spent far from the Sandy impact zone in places like American Samoa, which is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.”

Taxpayers for Common Sense found the bill spent “$20,000 to buy a new car for the Department of Justice inspector general, allows the government to rebuild or relocate flood-prone state facilities in 30 states, has $821 million for dredging projects nationwide and allows loan cancellations for Hurricane Katrina-related loans” in addition to lowering the bar for the “Army Corps of Engineers projects to receive government funding” while
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #82
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure if that's totally true. He was bitching about the pork in the Sandy bill which seems to be filled with nothing but pork. Here is an eaxmple.

In a December press release, Coburn complained that the Sandy Relief bill contained "wasteful spending," and identified a series of items he objected to, including "$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies."

I question how he came up with the 13 bil number. Some of his complaints about emergency relief money going to the Virgin Islands as an indication that the bill contains pork spending not related to the Sandy Storm doesnt hold up either as the Virign Islands was impacted by the storm as well.

What i do agree with him on is that emergency disaster relief fund bills shouldnt contain spending for things that should go into and be considered in the normal annual budgeting (such as environmental impact studies or future mitigation studies etc).

Getting money for ppl to get food, clothes, clean up and rebuilding is fine. Using this as an opportunity to grab funding to upgrade NJ sewer systems should be in the annual normal budget.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #83
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I question how he came up with the 13 bil number. Some of his complaints about emergency relief money going to the Virgin Islands as an indication that the bill contains pork spending not related to the Sandy Storm doesnt hold up either as the Virign Islands was impacted by the storm as well.

What i do agree with him on is that emergency disaster relief fund bills shouldnt contain spending for things that should go into and be considered in the normal annual budgeting (such as environmental impact studies or future mitigation studies etc).

Getting money for ppl to get food, clothes, clean up and rebuilding is fine. Using this as an opportunity to grab funding to upgrade NJ sewer systems should be in the annual normal budget.
Seems the list a pretty good amount of items that had nothing to do with getting any money to the people as needed. Not saying these things did not need addressing but they were not helping the people right after Sandy. Also not 64% of the bills spending did not start for 2 yrs. HMMM how the hell does that help anyone.

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Tom Coburn (R-OK) today released the following statement on the $60.4 billion Hurricane Sandy supplemental spending bill before Congress this week:

“As Congress considers the $60.4 billion Hurricane Sandy supplemental spending bill this week, it is critical that we ensure taxpayer dollars go to help those impacted by this devastating storm and not to wasteful spending projects. We have already identified many issues that need to be addressed in this legislation.

“This is a preliminary list of questionable spending in the bill:

•$2 million to repair damage to the roofs of museums in Washington, D.C., while many in Hurricane Sandy’s path still have no roof over their own heads.
•$150 million for fisheries as far away from the storm’s path as Alaska.
•$125 million for the Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Watershed Protection program, which helps restore watersheds damaged by wildfires and drought.
•$20 million for a nationwide Water Resources Priorities Study.
•$15 million for NASA facilities, though NASA itself has called its damage from the hurricane ‘minimal.’
•$50 million in subsidies for tree planting on private properties.
•$336 million for taxpayer-supported AMTRAK without any detailed plan for how the money will be spent.
•$5.3 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers – more than the Corps’ annual budget – with no statement of priorities about how to spend the money.
•$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies, without identifying a single way to pay for it.

“All told, 64 percent of the $60.4 billion in ‘emergency’ spending in this legislation will not be spent for nearly two years.

“Americans impacted by Hurricane Sandy deserve better than this. We look forward to working with our colleagues to address these issues on the floor of the Senate this week.”
Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha. - Forbes

Listen man, it was the GOP who's pork that was in the bill. HIS OWN PARTY. Yes, the Senate had to bribe Republican congressmen with pork just so they could get money to help out people devasted by storms.

I'm fed up with the GOP. They don't give a shit about anybody but themselves. Ooo....a hurricane ravage your city? Tough shit. We aren't going to approve funding, unless you give us a bunch of waste funds, which we'll bitch about at a later date..

Two months later.....whaaaaaa...whaaaaaahhh....my state got hit by tornadoes. Give me public funds.

**** your shitty party and **** any politician who would play politics during disaster. Those people are a disgrace to humanity.

This is how a disaster bill should work. A set of funds should be submitted in a bill with absolutely NO pork or funds appropriated to anything other than it relating to the disaster. If any congressman votes against the bill, he will be excluding his state for future disaster funds in such an emergency. Oh, you don't want to vote for the bill Mr. Congressional guy from Alabama....well next tornado that ravages your state, you are shit out of luck. I say put it back on the people, the voters. They send these clowns to Washington, DC, let them feel the brunt of their stupid decisions to put morons in elected offices.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #85
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha. - Forbes

Listen man, it was the GOP who's pork that was in the bill. HIS OWN PARTY. Yes, the Senate had to bribe Republican congressmen with pork just so they could get money to help out people devasted by storms.

I'm fed up with the GOP. They don't give a shit about anybody but themselves. Ooo....a hurricane ravage your city? Tough shit. We aren't going to approve funding, unless you give us a bunch of waste funds, which we'll bitch about at a later date..

Two months later.....whaaaaaa...whaaaaaahhh....my state got hit by tornadoes. Give me public funds.

**** your shitty party and **** any politician who would play politics during disaster. Those people are a disgrace to humanity.

This is how a disaster bill should work. A set of funds should be submitted in a bill with absolutely NO pork or funds appropriated to anything other than it relating to the disaster. If any congressman votes against the bill, he will be excluding his state for future disaster funds in such an emergency. Oh, you don't want to vote for the bill Mr. Congressional guy from Alabama....well next tornado that ravages your state, you are shit out of luck. I say put it back on the people, the voters. They send these clowns to Washington, DC, let them feel the brunt of their stupid decisions to put morons in elected offices.
I don't care what party it is if there is pork in the bill then it should not get passed. A Dem added the pork to get votes but other in the Rep party said they would not support the bill. You do realize hpw much stuff can be added into a bill that is related to a disaster but still be pork. Most of the stuff in the sandy bill was in some way tied to the disaster but was not neede to actually help the people.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #86
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't care what party it is if there is pork in the bill then it should not get passed. A Dem added the pork to get votes but other in the Rep party said they would not support the bill. You do realize hpw much stuff can be added into a bill that is related to a disaster but still be pork. Most of the stuff in the sandy bill was in some way tied to the disaster but was not neede to actually help the people.
The problem here is FD, is you have congressman who are saying they won't vote for your disaster bill unless you add their pork to it. We call this a bribe. Which is why I say, let the bill go as is, whoever votes no for it.....no longer gets any federal funds in a emergency disaster. It's really that simple.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #87
dmek25
MVP

^^^ this definitely would change the thought process in DC
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
GOP Lieutenant Governor Candidate in Va. Compares Planned Parenthood to KKK

I really don't know what to say about this assclown. If this guy even gets a sniff at a position in VA, than I'd say VA is full of morons.
Jackson stands by incendiary comments - Richmond Times Dispatch: Government And Politics

NC, still time to move up here and claim residence to give your vote to this guy. lol

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #89
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

This pretty much sums it up for me about the Obama administration. Nothing but a bunch of incompetent crooks, who are doing nothing different from the old routine set up before him. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. **** you Obama and your "transparent" government.

Jon Stewart rips Obama for aggressive investigation of whistle-blowers instead of bankers | The Raw Story
Old 05-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #90
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/us..._20130530&_r=0

Hey look, batshit insane lady isn't running for re-election. Probably because she knows that she only won by 4,200 votes last time, even though she outspent him in campaign money by 12 to 1. I wouldn't be shocked if this doesn't have something to do with the campaign ethics charges currently slapped against her. Probably told her to bow out and they'll drop the charges.

It's sad this piece of shit is going to have a lifetime salary and benefits.