Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

1st Presidential Debate Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: 1st Presidential Debate Thread

Debates are a waste of time as long as Trump is involved. Just give them both a half hour spot in prime time to explain their platforms. Over and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2020, 07:44 PM   #77
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I have to add in , on the spot fact checking! With trump it's a must!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #78
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Blaming Trump 100% for leftist groups such as Antifa burning down streets and rioting is disingenuous. It's just not reasonable. There is a difference between criticism and putting your fingers in your ears and yelling at Trump clouds.
https://news.yahoo.com/proud-boys-ar...175248423.html

Proud Boys Member Arrested On Assault Charges After Trump Told Hate Group: 'Stand By'

A prominent member of the Proud Boys was arrested Wednesday in Portland, Oregon — less than a day after President Donald Trump publicly threw his support behind the hate group.

Alan James Swinney, 50, faces numerous charges, including felony assault and unlawful use of a weapon.

Video and photos show Swinney pointing a gun at protesters with his finger on the trigger during an Aug. 22 clash in Portland between far-right extremists and anti-fascist protesters. At the time, police did nothing.

But now, Swinney is being held in the Multnomah County Jail on six felony charges, including assault in the second degree and unlawful use of a weapon.

Though it wasn’t immediately clear if the arrest was connected to the Aug. 22 incident, Swinney also faces six misdemeanor charges including pointing a firearm at another person. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately return a request for comment.

During the first presidential debate between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday night, Trump refused to condemn white supremacy and instead specifically endorsed the violent gang.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by,” Trump said.

Almost immediately, Proud Boys members began celebrating Trump’s apparent approval of their violent methods.

“Trump basically said to go fuck them up,” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys, said in a chat on the right-wing social media app Parler. “This makes me so happy.”

Swinney felt comfortable addressing his violent tactics in leaked chats provided to HuffPost in 2019.

“We’ll grow this group of patriots and we’ll never back down,” Swinney said in one of the chats. “If we win, it will make more patriots come to the next rally. We just need to go there and we’ll beat them. We’ll have enough to crush them at some point.”

Almost immediately, Proud Boys members began celebrating Trump’s apparent approval of their violent methods.

“Trump basically said to go fuck them up,” Joe Biggs, a leader of the Proud Boys, said in a chat on the right-wing social media app Parler. “This makes me so happy.”

Swinney felt comfortable addressing his violent tactics in leaked chats provided to HuffPost in 2019.

“We’ll grow this group of patriots and we’ll never back down,” Swinney said in one of the chats. “If we win, it will make more patriots come to the next rally. We just need to go there and we’ll beat them. We’ll have enough to crush them at some point.”

When asked about his calls for violence, Swinney told HuffPost at the time that Proud Boys members are “warriors” and that “Choir boys don’t go up against people like [anti-fascists]. It takes a person with a certain type of mindset.”

Swinney’s bail has been set at more than $500,000, according to jail records.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nice clip of joe Biden interrupting Paul Ryan 82 times during the Vice President debate 2012.

Of course accompanied by clips of the media praising it.

Fucking typical. When the shoe is on the other foot, it’s fine. It’s “lively”

GTFO. Trump won the debate

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #80
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Nice clip of joe Biden interrupting Paul Ryan 82 times during the Vice President debate 2012.

STFU, America lost the debate!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:09 AM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

LMAO. Chico. I literally can't even. What next?

1994: Joe Biden votes for tougher crime punishment. Why does Joe Biden hate black people?
Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #82
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

1994: Joe Biden votes for tougher crime punishment. Why does Joe Biden hate black people?
See it's people like chico and SD that really suffer from TDS ,Trump Denial Syndrome
Old 10-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

You act like that’s not the standard leftist believe right now? You serious?

Lol...

He Gets Us
Old 10-01-2020, 08:23 AM   #84
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
You act like that’s not the standard leftist believe right now? You serious?

Lol...
8 years ago he interrupts his opponent in a debate and you use that as evidence like it's fair game for Trump to never let Joe say anything without interrupting. I would legit have been impressed with Trump if he managed to beat Biden at his own game of being composed.

If Trump was smart he'd stfu and let Biden dig his own grave. Biden had moments where he either lied or wasn't sure where his own policy stood, for example the Green New Deal, and one or two others that I'm forgetting atm. But instead of the media talking about it they're all talking about how the POTUS was acting like a 5th grader because he wouldn't stfu. The debate was legit embarrassing for the US on the world stage because its' elected leader was acting like a child.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #85
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The debate was legit embarrassing for the US on the world stage because its' elected leader was acting like a child.

A petulant child!
Old 10-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #86
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
8 years ago he interrupts his opponent in a debate and you use that as evidence like it's fair game for Trump to never let Joe say anything without interrupting. I would legit have been impressed with Trump if he managed to beat Biden at his own game of being composed.

If Trump was smart he'd stfu and let Biden dig his own grave. Biden had moments where he either lied or wasn't sure where his own policy stood, for example the Green New Deal, and one or two others that I'm forgetting atm. But instead of the media talking about it they're all talking about how the POTUS was acting like a 5th grader because he wouldn't stfu. The debate was legit embarrassing for the US on the world stage because its' elected leader was acting like a child.
The other two things i am aware of that he lied about, was #1) denying that he was planning to shut the USA back down until the entire population was vaccinated against the virus. That was one of the biggest topics he has talked about the past two months, to have him flat out lie and deny that was appalling.

#2) He said that he did not disagree with the decision to ban incoming travel from China. Again, 100% false.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #87
SunnySide
Playmaker

Biden said if the scientists recommend shutting down the country he would but he has no specific plan to do so.

He said he would listen to the experts.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/13111...2%2Fframe.html
Old 10-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Shutting down is the very opposite thing we need to do now. It’s pure bullshit certain areas are still shutdown completely or running 3/4 shutdown.

What have we seen with schools operating with teacher and kids live? Very little or zilcho. I’m sure someone could find one article and then attempt to elevate it as a norm...this would be horseshit.

Yes we know Biden was wrong when he criticized trump for shutting down China and then Europe. Those were the right moves

He Gets Us
Old 10-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #89
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Biden said if the scientists recommend shutting down the country he would but he has no specific plan to do so.

He said he would listen to the experts.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/13111...2%2Fframe.html
CNN? I don't know. Maybe he clarified comments. I heard him speak about it at least on two different occasions on TV. I am paraphrasing here, but his quote back in like July / August was "We just can't send our kids back to school, our people back to work, while this virus is still out there. We have to wait until there's a vaccine, until it's safe again!"

Then there was the thing in early September where he was responding to a question of if he had the authority as US President to order a total nationwide shutdown. He answered that he himself was not sure but he was being told by his constitutional attorneys that it was possible. Same thing on the mask thing. He said that the Federal Government could supersede state authority and that they were looking into that.

So for a guy who has no plan to do it, he sure seems / seemed like he was getting all of his shit together for it. I also understand on being prepared for something if you have to do it.

I'm not gonna stop supporting Biden over it, but he could have at least tried to clarify that at the debate instead of just flat out denying it.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #90
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Biden doesn't have to clarify or stop lying. Because Democrats will just respond with, well maybe, but Trump is worse. No accountability for him. It is what it is. Biden could murder people and he would still get all the votes.

Biden doesn't offer conservatives anything that would get people on the right to vote for him. I don't even know what his platform is or what he's running on. And the left just hates Trump altogether no matter what he does. So no votes there.

This will probably be the most party line vote in American history.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote