Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Pro-gun article

I bet gun owners in Boston are happy to have the home protection today.

What else would you do if a runaway terrorist picks your house to hide in?

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #77
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Or another scenario:
you hear the intruder, grab your pistol, as you get to him you struggle, he gets the weapon from you, points and.... click, it doesn't work because it's not keyed to him. you scuffle again, and get the gun back, and he surrenders(or you shoot him - whichever ending you want)
Here's a scenario that's just as plausible: You go swimming in the ocean, you get a whale caught up your arse. Greenpeace are coming at you in a dingy, what do you do?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #78
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

There should be flukeprint sensors for whales that want to buy guns.
Of course a whale holding an AR-15 would really be a tight fit, albeit painful.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #79
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
That wouldnt surprise me at al though. Why would a criminal buy a gun when he can just steal it? fingerprint guns would prevent this.
I think the best thing is for gun owners to have their firearms locked up safely at all times when not in use, and I don't mean in a glove compartment in a locked car or a closed drawer in a locked house, but an actual safe.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #80
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think the best thing is for gun owners to have their firearms locked up safely at all times when not in use, and I don't mean in a glove compartment in a locked car or a closed drawer in a locked house, but an actual safe.
Thus making it useless. No, I will keep mine virtually undetectable and close to hand. If someone broke into my place I want it handy.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #81
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Thus making it useless. No, I will keep mine virtually undetectable and close to hand. If someone broke into my place I want it handy.
werd
Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Why would it make it useless? Due to the time it would take to open the safe? What are your thoughts on making gun owners that have guns stolen from them that aren't locked up being held liable if their gun is used in a murder? (Honestly want your thoughts not being snarky)
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #83
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Why would it make it useless? Due to the time it would take to open the safe? What are your thoughts on making gun owners that have guns stolen from them that aren't locked up being held liable if their gun is used in a murder? (Honestly want your thoughts not being snarky)
duh

Utterly ridiculous/laughable/stupid etc etc
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
duh

Utterly ridiculous/laughable/stupid etc etc
wow. Incredible post in which you provide no useful insight into your line of thinking. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #85
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
wow. Incredible post in which you provide no useful insight into your line of thinking. Thanks.
Sorry dude, but what you're saying is ridiculous and waaaaay out there.
You seriously want to discuss jailing people because someone stole their property? Thats looney tunes.
Do you know anything at all about firearms?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #86
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I will confess that I have had very uncomfortable experiences with firearms. However my basic opinion is that if you want to own a gun it is your right and who am I to say you shouldn't. I would just like safety and accountability from those that do own guns, this stems from my personal experiences. I have fired guns and enjoy shooting ranges.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #87
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I will confess that I have had very uncomfortable experiences with firearms. However my basic opinion is that if you want to own a gun it is your right and who am I to say you shouldn't. I would just like safety and accountability from those that do own guns, this stems from my personal experiences. I have fired guns and enjoy shooting ranges.
Fair enough.
But the "big picture" needs to be considered very heavily when you talk about radical (very radical) law changes for gun owners.
Like I said before there are an estimated 300++ million guns out there that belong to private owners.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #88
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

No doubt. I am guessing that liability of gun owners is going to be the pathway gun control advocates are going to try to pursue next since they can't get current gun control agendas passed. I have also heard of requiring gun insurance, which imo won't do a damn thing.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #89
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
No doubt. I am guessing that liability of gun owners is going to be the pathway gun control advocates are going to try to pursue next since they can't get current gun control agendas passed. I have also heard of requiring gun insurance, which imo won't do a damn thing.

I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #90
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
Poor don't have a right to defend themselves?

There have already been suggestions to charge $10 a round in an attempt to price gun ownership into collapse. Then only the rich will be able to afford guns.

If you can't see the stupidity of an idea when others point it out maybe this thread isn't for you?

I'll make the statement in clearer terms for you, GiantOne: If the weapon you have to defend yourself is made impractically unavailable why have it?

Yes, that's a great way for the anti-gun hippie wankers to achieve their goal of a harmonious 'rainbows and unicorns skipping free land of peace'.
Closed Thread