NBA Season 2013-2014

Other Sports

Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #76
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Beal's proving why the front office didn't trade him to OKC for Harden... and considering how little effort Harden plays with on the defensive end, I think they made the right decision. Plus Harden requires the ball in his hands way more than Beal, so it would have been a tough fit with Wall. Wall and Beal should grow together for a very long time.
Great post. Beal's the perfect compliment to Wall since he can either spot up and shoot off a pick or become the primary ball handler if Wall needs some rest. I was all for the Harden trade when the option was on the table, but I'm glad it didn't happen.

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #77
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
Great post. Beal's the perfect compliment to Wall since he can either spot up and shoot off a pick or become the primary ball handler if Wall needs some rest. I was all for the Harden trade when the option was on the table, but I'm glad it didn't happen.

Exactly. I've been critical of management, but this non-move may have been the one that changed the organization's trajectory for the better.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mark Jackson out as coach of Golden State Warriors - ESPN

boom! Is Mark Jax that bad to work with? He didnt really do a bad job on the court

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #79
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

boom! Is Mark Jax that bad to work with? He didnt really do a bad job on the court
Yeah, he's done a great job on the court, but he rubbed too many people in Golden State's FO the wrong way, which is the biggest reason he's being fired, IMO. It seems like Jackson always got the most out of his players, and he did a darn good coaching job against the Clippers in their series, especially considering Andrew Bogut was out. It'll be interesting to see who they replace him with, and how the players will respond to the new coach. Pretty sure they loved Jackson. That team's got a lot of talent though, so if they get somebody decent, they should be contenders in upcoming years.

Mark Jackson is certainly a better coach than Kevin McFail.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #80
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:

I think the train of thought is that the Warriors are too talented to be sitting at home this early in the playoffs.

Also when you're a my way or the highway type guy the margin for error is much smaller. Really the only times those personality types work is either when things are so bad that everyone needs a kick in the butt or when things are running so perfectly that no one dares to question the braintrust. When you fall into that no mans land of early playoff exits with high expectations that style of leadership tends to rub the wrong way on people. Basically something along the lines of 'we're obviously not so bad seeing as how we're in the playoffs but your leadership style certainly isn't allowing us to be within striking distance of a championship.'

In other news Lady Gaga fans are freaking out. And right now my nerves are so grated that I want to say F that has been. We've had some great times. Poker Face, Telephone, that song that made people realize Wale existed but thats over now. Concerts are like regular season baseball games, usually much more room to reschedule. Playoff basketball on the other hand, trust me we don't want an unnecessary back to back just to have a concert.

Lady Gaga’s Little Monsters freaking out over potential Wizards conflict

Right now its so tempting to pull a Jabar Gaffney or a Santonio Holmes. As detestable as I find such suggestions.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #81
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Wiz kids are killing it so far. If they beat the Pacers, I'd say that's an upset. #dcRising

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

White Sports Columnist Mad About Today's Vulgar Rap Music

Mike Wise being lame again

He Gets Us
Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jeez where the fuck does sterling muster the nuts to insult Magic in that interview? Especially after that terrible, bs apology to Anderson cooper. Someone needs to straight up merc him

He Gets Us
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #84
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Jeez where the fuck does sterling muster the nuts to insult Magic in that interview? Especially after that terrible, bs apology to Anderson cooper. Someone needs to straight up merc him
I just hope the NBA can win the fight in court to get him kicked out. I think it's gonna be a tough battle, we know Sterling will fight tooth and nail to keep the team.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I just hope the NBA can win the fight in court to get him kicked out. I think it's gonna be a tough battle, we know Sterling will fight tooth and nail to keep the team.
I think it was Jon Stewart who said the other night, "why even bother to secretly record Sterling? Just invite him on prime time tv and place a microphone in front of him; he's more than willing to saying horrible things in front of a massive audience."

He Gets Us
Old 05-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #86
itvnetop
Playmaker

Good run while it lasted... I think the series is a great learning experience for the young guns. Beal really had a consistent series, so it was fun to watch him grow. Wall had some crucial turnovers in key moments throughout- aside from Game 5, his shot was off (since Chicago really)... but hopefully he'll resume his regular season smarts in future playoffs even if his shot is off.

Don't re-sign Ariza for too much... dude was lighting it up at certain points throughout the season and has shown excellent perimeter defense. But Beal's going to need a re-up in a few years and I think Otto needs some burn. The team will take a step back with his growing pains, but it's better for the long term.

my blather
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #87
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Good run while it lasted... I think the series is a great learning experience for the young guns. Beal really had a consistent series, so it was fun to watch him grow. Wall had some crucial turnovers in key moments throughout- aside from Game 5, his shot was off (since Chicago really)... but hopefully he'll resume his regular season smarts in future playoffs even if his shot is off.

Don't re-sign Ariza for too much... dude was lighting it up at certain points throughout the season and has shown excellent perimeter defense. But Beal's going to need a re-up in a few years and I think Otto needs some burn. The team will take a step back with his growing pains, but it's better for the long term.
Good analysis. I was sooooo excited when Beal ripped the ball away from Hibbert and drilled that three to put us ahead. A few minutes later, not so much. But it was a great year and some nice payoff for being a Bullets fan since as far back as I can remember (I'm 37).

I agree it will be tough if we lose Ariza, he played out of his mind this year, but with Webster and Porter on the books the next few years, we can't afford to go crazy on an Ariza contract and spend so much of our cap on one position. I'm willing to pay Gortat a bit more, since bigs are generally harder to come by and we don't have any real talent at the 5 if he were to leave (Nene plays better at the 4).

Everyone's been praising Ernie for putting this team together, but I'm withholding my praise until I see what he's able to do this off-season. Should be exciting.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #88
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post

Everyone's been praising Ernie for putting this team together, but I'm withholding my praise until I see what he's able to do this off-season. Should be exciting.

I agree. I think some of his successful moves were to fix bad ones. He lucked out fixing the Eric Maynor debacle when Andre Miller beefed with his Denver coach. Drew Gooden hung around at just the right time when Nene made his annual trip to the injured list. Trading for Nene was half about eliminating McGee's brainfarts. In fact, retooling the roster was based around getting rid of his own past picks- Swaggy P, Andray Blatche and McGee. The foundation of this team (the backcourt) was a product of just not screwing up the good fortune a number 1 and 3 picks gives you. I do give Grunfeld props for turning Okafor's injury into Gortat, however.

my blather
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #89
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

As a Piston fan who isn't betting I have no dog in the fight, except I don't want to see a Heat 3 peat. Glad to see Indiana come to play today, wonder if they can sustain it. I cannot remember any NBA play-offs where the road teams have done as well as this year.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:59 AM   #90
SirLK26
The Starter

Woohoo! Now let's see you do this again, Indy.

Hopefully SA wins their matchup tomorrow(technically, today).

And...1,000 posts, b******.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote