2023 Commies training camp thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-04-2023, 08:34 PM   #76
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 2023 Commies training camp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The name is the last thing on their minds from what Wright said. They want to WIN , as for RR he’s never had a good QB other than Cam for a few years. Howell will be the guy unless he’s just garbage the first 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure hope RR and co are not thinking about the name one single second these days !
Doesn't say much about what ownership is thinking about though. I sure hope THEY are not thinking about QB decisions and scheme adjustments...

RR and co have a chance at staying if the team wins 10+ this season. But I don't see any way on earth Jason Wright can save his job. So I would take everything he says with that in mind.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was to get dumped mid season. That wouldn't impact the football side of operations, and would give a precious head start to the next team to prepare the future. Name change or not, they will have a lot to take care of.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2023, 08:57 AM   #77
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jason Wright won’t be around when it happens anyways. He’s been another complete failure
I was just going to say, he's just hanging on to his job until these guys can get their feet wet. This time next year I don't think Wright or Ron will be here.

Why would they be talking about a name change right now anyways? Makes zero sense. I have said all along, at some point, when the time is right, Commanders is gone.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:01 AM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ron is trying to win now to save his job. I wouldn't be shocked if he went w/ the safer option that will take care of the ball and have less negative plays.
Old 08-05-2023, 09:08 AM   #79
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ron is trying to win now to save his job. I wouldn't be shocked if he went w/ the safer option that will take care of the ball and have less negative plays.
Al Galdi made the point that if they don't win he's out, but if they do win a lot his probably out too cuz Bienemy gets his job... Unless they win 10+ games with a very good defense and an awful offense, I do think the point can be made Ron is on the hot seat either ways.
Old 08-05-2023, 03:53 PM   #80
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
For RR, the safer option is not the safer option. Ron apparently thought that Wentz was the safer option to start against Cleveland last season. The truth is that he doesn't have a feel for offense in the modern NFL or for the QB position.

He had better leave the offense to EB and let him develop Sam if he wants to keep his job for the entire 2023 season. He's gone in 2024 no matter what. But if he stays out of EB's way in 2023, he may be offered a nice front office job with the team when EB is promoted to HC.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was just going to say, he's just hanging on to his job until these guys can get their feet wet. This time next year I don't think Wright or Ron will be here.

Why would they be talking about a name change right now anyways? Makes zero sense. I have said all along, at some point, when the time is right, Commanders is gone.
Agree, for optics they will keep Wright around til after the new season and for Ron it will take a deep playoff run for a new contract.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:47 PM   #82
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Interior OL is becoming intriguing, aside from Mason Brooks I heard Logan Paulsen today say that the OT they signed from the XFL was moved inside to guard after failing at OT and was looking good running with the 2nd string OL. Difficult to see how they can keep everyone with maybe only 10 OL places on the roster, wonder how they keep Charles if he doesn't win the starting job or Daniels as a project if they end up losing some promising guys elsewhere
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Interior OL is becoming intriguing, aside from Mason Brooks I heard Logan Paulsen today say that the OT they signed from the XFL was moved inside to guard after failing at OT and was looking good running with the 2nd string OL. Difficult to see how they can keep everyone with maybe only 10 OL places on the roster, wonder how they keep Charles if he doesn't win the starting job or Daniels as a project if they end up losing some promising guys elsewhere
Keim and Bram said on the podcast the fourth round tackle Daniels pick has been awful.

He Gets Us
Old 08-06-2023, 07:43 PM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Agree, for optics they will keep Wright around til after the new season and for Ron it will take a deep playoff run for a new contract.
We sure about that ? Firing a HC mid-season, unless the said season is a disaster, rarely is a productive thing to do, but wouldn't getting your business people in place ASAP be a smart move ? (ASAP not being right now, but during this season to give them a headstart)
Old 08-06-2023, 08:14 PM   #85
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
We sure about that ? Firing a HC mid-season, unless the said season is a disaster, rarely is a productive thing to do, but wouldn't getting your business people in place ASAP be a smart move ? (ASAP not being right now, but during this season to give them a headstart)
Why not right now? The sooner there are no more Snyder minions in management positions the better it will be for all concerned. A little Febreeze might help, as well.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:20 AM   #86
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Keim and Bram said on the podcast the fourth round tackle Daniels pick has been awful.
Yes I saw that, it was Bram that said he couldn't see a place for Daniels on the roster and that he might get cut, which would be a shocking waste of a 4th round pick. The hubris of NFL front offices wont let them cut him so early, so we are likely to lose a more promising player, albeit from the back end of the roster. The new owners wont be impressed.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:22 AM   #87
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Why not right now? The sooner there are no more Snyder minions in management positions the better it will be for all concerned. A little Febreeze might help, as well.
Haha good point.
I guess you could say new ownership wouldn't want to be, nor be looking like they are, rushing such a hire. Plus finding and picking the right person has to actually take a bit of time.
Maybe they also don't want to have the whole building feeling like they are blindly going to fire everybody. And to some extent they actually have to evaluate everybody's job before they go full Vince McMahon...

But yeah, personally, I don't need to see Jason Wright hanging out here too much longer.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:54 AM   #88
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
For RR, the safer option is not the safer option. Ron apparently thought that Wentz was the safer option to start against Cleveland last season. The truth is that he doesn't have a feel for offense in the modern NFL or for the QB position.

He had better leave the offense to EB and let him develop Sam if he wants to keep his job for the entire 2023 season. He's gone in 2024 no matter what. But if he stays out of EB's way in 2023, he may be offered a nice front office job with the team when EB is promoted to HC.
Facts.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:16 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

John Keim
@john_keim
Not working in full team drills today: TE Logan Thomas (calf), G Saahdiq Charles (calf), RB Curtis Samuel (leg). CB Emmanuel Forbes is taking reps.

Thomas, Charles, Samuel injured….or as I refer to them, the usual suspects

He Gets Us
Old 08-07-2023, 11:44 AM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Oline still scares me. So does Ron. Luckily EB is here to run the offense and Sam has wheels.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote