Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Societal Decay - Henson Ong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ok,this is where I have some trouble.I live in Charles county maryland a very big hunting area,I work with many folks from southern Maryland in general again all big hunters and they say the only people aloud in their gun safes are them,not the wife or the kids.My son inlaws both military one a Marine the other Army also both hunt and say the same thing,as fact at Ft Bragg where my Army son inlaw is stationed(82nd Airborn) all weapons (yes all)must be registerd and held at a depot on base anything ,Airsoft or BB must be reported or if found will be confiscated and a fine issued.To me and this is mostly to your last sentence...she didn't think,when you son orders a kevlar suit it's time to think about your weapons.This is my point some, not all ....gun owners think they are responsible and clearly are not we just don't find out till someone else is dead
Of course Kids should not have access to the guns but this guy was not a kid and your wrong he did not have on a bullet proof vest.

A Connecticut state police spokesman on Thursday said Adam Lanza was not donning a bullet proof vest when he carried out the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., the New Haven Register reports.

He also did not use an Assult Rifle but most people don't know that.

Investigation is 'very complex' - Video on TODAY.com
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #77
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Of course Kids should not have access to the guns but this guy was not a kid and your wrong he did not have on a bullet proof vest.

A Connecticut state police spokesman on Thursday said Adam Lanza was not donning a bullet proof vest when he carried out the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., the New Haven Register reports.

Wow....that is actually huge news!
He left the AR 15 in the car and went into the school with four hand guns.
So then none of the murders were committed with an assault rifle.

Wonder why this isnt a headliner because it sure changes the things.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #78
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:

despp: ** UPDATE ** State Police Identify Weapons in Sandy Hook Investigation

Looks like thats not true.
The AR was recovered inside the school.

The shotgun was left in the car.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #79
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
despp: ** UPDATE ** State Police Identify Weapons in Sandy Hook Investigation

Looks like thats not true.
The AR was recovered inside the school.

The shotgun was left in the car.
I looked and could find anything that confirmed that the AR was in the school after it was reported left in hi car. Also the source of the info was pretty good.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #80
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Yes he did.

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle - Connecticut Post

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that has been a focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.
All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.
"It's all these conspiracy theorists that are trying to mucky up the waters," said Vance, the longtime state police spokesman.
Multiple Second Amendment and gun-owner websites have attempted to cast doubt on whether the Bushmaster XM-15, a type of AR-15 rifle that is currently legal, was used in the Dec. 14 carnage done by Lanza.
Some have cited a Dec. 15 "Today" show video clip from the day after the shooting, in which NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams said that four handguns were recovered inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and that the Bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of a car owned by Lanza's slain mother, Nancy Lanza.
"There's no doubt that the rifle was used solely to kill 26 people in that school," Vance said.
Twenty children ages 7 and under and six female educators were killed when Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and sprayed the occupants with bullets before turning a gun on himself.
Vance said he made it abundantly clear during his media briefings since the tragedy that Lanza carried out the shooting with the Bushmaster.
"I personally articulated that probably a dozen times in Newtown," Vance said.
The only time Lanza used a handgun at the school was to commit suicide, according to Vance.
The state police went so far as a to issue a news release on Jan. 18 listing the weapons recovered from inside the school, which included the Bushmaster, a Glock 10mm handgun and a Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun. An Izhmash Canta-12 12-gauge shotgun was taken from the trunk of the suspect's car.
Sales of AR-15 assault rifles would be banned under the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, a federal measure that was proposed Thursday and is being sponsored by Connecticut Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, as well as Newtown's new U.S. representative, Elizabeth Esty.
Democratic Rep. Jim Himes, whose district immediately borders Newtown, is also a co-sponsor.

Read more: State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle - Connecticut Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #81
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes he did.

State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle - Connecticut Post

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that has been a focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.
All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.
"It's all these conspiracy theorists that are trying to mucky up the waters," said Vance, the longtime state police spokesman.
Multiple Second Amendment and gun-owner websites have attempted to cast doubt on whether the Bushmaster XM-15, a type of AR-15 rifle that is currently legal, was used in the Dec. 14 carnage done by Lanza.
Some have cited a Dec. 15 "Today" show video clip from the day after the shooting, in which NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams said that four handguns were recovered inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and that the Bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of a car owned by Lanza's slain mother, Nancy Lanza.
"There's no doubt that the rifle was used solely to kill 26 people in that school," Vance said.
Twenty children ages 7 and under and six female educators were killed when Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and sprayed the occupants with bullets before turning a gun on himself.
Vance said he made it abundantly clear during his media briefings since the tragedy that Lanza carried out the shooting with the Bushmaster.
"I personally articulated that probably a dozen times in Newtown," Vance said.
The only time Lanza used a handgun at the school was to commit suicide, according to Vance.
The state police went so far as a to issue a news release on Jan. 18 listing the weapons recovered from inside the school, which included the Bushmaster, a Glock 10mm handgun and a Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun. An Izhmash Canta-12 12-gauge shotgun was taken from the trunk of the suspect's car.
Sales of AR-15 assault rifles would be banned under the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, a federal measure that was proposed Thursday and is being sponsored by Connecticut Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, as well as Newtown's new U.S. representative, Elizabeth Esty.
Democratic Rep. Jim Himes, whose district immediately borders Newtown, is also a co-sponsor.

Read more: State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle - Connecticut Post
We all ready know that but he did not have on a bullet proof vest as you stated. Lots of bad info went around with that event.

Last edited by firstdown; 02-13-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #82
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Print and fire: 3D printing could muzzle new gun laws | Fox News

We need a law asap to make this illegal!!!! That way if someone wants to shoot up a No Gun Zone, he will have to break 2 laws first......
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #83
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Print and fire: 3D printing could muzzle new gun laws | Fox News

We need a law asap to make this illegal!!!! That way if someone wants to shoot up a No Gun Zone, he will have to break 2 laws first......
Or you could just get two small cap mags and some tin snips and duct tape and go to town.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Lee County judge revokes bond for Harvey Updyke Jr. (updated) | al.com

These are the kind of idiots you do not want having a gun.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #85
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
We all ready know that but he did not have on a bullet proof vest as you stated. Lots of bad info went around with that event.

Never said he had a Bullet proof vest , I said he orderd a kevlar suit.I was responding to your inaccurate post when you said"
He also did not use an Assult Rifle but most people don't know that."
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #86
mlmpetert
Playmaker

SlingingSammy???

VA Pizza Shop Offers 15% Discount to Anyone Who Brings in a Gun or Concealed Carry Permit | TheBlaze.com
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #87
firstdown
Living Legend

Your post about Kevlar suit (most people would assume bullet proof vest) was post #72 my post about not using an AR was #76.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #88
firstdown
Living Legend

He sold his pizza business but that's pretty dam close to where it was located.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #89
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #90
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Here we go....

Senate Bill 5737, states in part that:

In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.

Chip, chip, chip......

and....
Colorado House passes gun-control measures | Reuters