Playmaker

Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Video of the above raid:

SWAT Video Captures Officers Firing 71 Times on Former Marine | The Blaze
Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #78
over the mountain
Playmaker

Reminds me of when the baltimore city police fired about 80 shots into a crowd of people b/c they were responding to a call about a guy with a gun brandishing it at a club a few months ago.

That guy brandishing his gun . . . . . off duty cop who was drunk and aggressively hitting on women at the club. When some guys told him to lay off their woman, a fight ensued and the off duty drunk cop pulled out his service weapon.

edit - the above video didnt work for me

The off duty officer was actually on-duty plains clothes and he apparently wasnt aggressive with a female but trying to calm her down after a car leaving the club parking lot almost hit her. A male club goer saw this and started a fight with the plain clothes officer.

The plain clothes officer pulled out his gun when the crowd converged upon him and he fired a shot (when no one in the crowd displayed a gun). Uniformed officers who arrived on the scene proceeded to put 41 shots at the plain clothes officer holding a gun, 23 hitting him most of them came as he was lying on the ground with his hands up. An innocent bystander was also shot and killed, paramedics didnt arrive for 40 mins to treat him even though it was literally right next to JHU and the UMD shock trauma. The plain clothes officer was picked up and rushed to the hospital as soon as the uniformed officers realized what they did.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #79
firstdown
Living Legend

I have a problem with that clip. First its from a source that seem to be out to get cops and then the clip seem to start at a convient spot. What did the guy do to have the cops do that? Something is missing from the story
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #80
mlmpetert
Playmaker

I really hope this isnt true:

Witness: Police Pointed Gun at Us, Smashed Cell Phone For Filming Fatal Shooting | The Blaze
Old 06-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #81
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Seeing as the guy says his phone is busted and they have video evidence of the cop pointing a gun at them, I'd say it is true. Cops like this should be fired, and brought up on charges. We allow our cops to get away with too much these days.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #82
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

There are lots of issues coming from police departments when they're being filmed during stops. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not doing anything wrong no reason they shouldn't be able to be filmed. It actually, gasp, gives the person accused of something evidence in a court room.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
There are lots of issues coming from police departments when they're being filmed during stops. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not doing anything wrong no reason they shouldn't be able to be filmed. It actually, gasp, gives the person accused of something evidence in a court room.

In MD it gets very muddy as to if you can or can't film. I found this interesting. I can easliy see both sides.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
In MD it gets very muddy as to if you can or can't film. I found this interesting. I can easliy see both sides.
I can't at all. I think cops should be filmed at all times. Otherwise they roll unchecked. Somebody needs to police the police.

lol @ that video. Patriot Act is such a joke. It's really saving lives guys...hahaha
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #85
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

YouTube - ‪Detained for photography in Baltimore‬‏
yeah that guy in the video is a jackass though, the cops come up and ask him what he is doing and he replies um um taking pictures of trains i like them, sorry but get the f outta here, and then asked for id and refuses, sorry but he had it coming he wanted to be a dick. if he has nothing to hide why not just say i'm taking pictures of the before and after of transit systems, granted i turned the video off after he refused to give his id but from what i saw this guy was asking for trouble. he could have easily explained what he was doing and been on his way.

ST21
Old 06-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #86
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I can't at all. I think cops should be filmed at all times. Otherwise they roll unchecked. Somebody needs to police the police.

lol @ that video. Patriot Act is such a joke. It's really saving lives guys...hahaha

Those cops didn't write the law so I see their side that they need to enforce it, hence their job. Plus I can see where filming major transportation hubs may be an act a terrorist would do to gain information about that area.

I can also see how it is annoying to the civilian as well and infringes on his rights.

If it was me and the cops asked me to stop filming I would if he asked for my ID I show it to him. I don't have anything to hide and really why take pictures of Baltimore, it is a city you should try to forget.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #87
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Woman Arrested For Recording Police From Her Front Yard | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #88
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

That is ****ing pathetic. Dude should be fired immediately. No sense in bullying tactics from police officers. This isn't a police state. (well, not yet)
Old 07-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #89
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Canton Ohio Police Officeer Threatens Concealed Carry Weapon CCW Holder During Traffic Stop | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #90
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

I like the part where he says he should have executed the guy on the spot.
It would be a shame if that cop still has a job.