Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Other Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #76
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

He had a decent start in the game yesterday, I started watching it in the 5th inning and I saw his first hit, a double that he absolutely crushed to the warning track. It hit the part where the track meets the centerfield wall. And then he hit a sac fly out to get his first RBI as well, at the time I was really hoping it would be the game-winning RBI but instead it was the "brief lead" RBI. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention his throw to home plate, he threw the ball all the way from left field to home plate and it was exactly on point, Ramos just failed to catch it so they scored a run.

The real issue I see with the Nats though is closer. Henry Rodriguez blew the save last night (when he's on point, he's fine, but he isn't consistently on point) and I don't even like Lidge. Between Henry and Lidge I don't see anyone who can consistently hold down the closer role until Storen gets back.

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #77
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Umpire Jeff Kellogg tackles half-naked fan at Orioles game (VIDEO) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #78
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Strasburg's dominating pitching performances are going to waste. Excited to see Harper starting in CF today

Hopefully Chieng Min Wang can come up soon, or even bring Lannan back up and move Detweiler back to the bullpen
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #79
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Tyler Moore called up as well
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #80
FRPLG
MVP

Harper certainly looked like he belonged. Time will tell if he is really ready for a permanent call-up but one thing is for sure... there isn't anyone who plays harder. The dude puts the most effort into playing I have ever seen. I've never seen a guy hit a tapper to the pitcher and run it out like they honestly believe they can beat the throw.

His effort alone made me a believer. Then he made that throw. Holy Jesus Private Pyle...that throw was impressive!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Yeah that was an excellent throw. Too bad Ramos couldn't handle it, although the collision might've had something to do with that. I've enjoyed watching him play these last two games. Tyler Moore had a nice hit in his first game as well.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #82
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Harper certainly looked like he belonged. Time will tell if he is really ready for a permanent call-up but one thing is for sure... there isn't anyone who plays harder. The dude puts the most effort into playing I have ever seen. I've never seen a guy hit a tapper to the pitcher and run it out like they honestly believe they can beat the throw.

His effort alone made me a believer. Then he made that throw. Holy Jesus Private Pyle...that throw was impressive!
Honestly his best at bat IMO in the two games he's played was with two outs in the 9th inning yesterday. He turned an 8 pitch at bat into a walk, patiently taking balls and swinging at strikes. He looked like a calm vet. His walk brought the winning run to the plate. Too bad the game ended with a strikeout. But still. You can tell the kid will be special.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #83
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Honestly his best at bat IMO in the two games he's played was with two outs in the 9th inning yesterday. He turned an 8 pitch at bat into a walk, patiently taking balls and swinging at strikes. He looked like a calm vet. His walk brought the winning run to the plate. Too bad the game ended with a strikeout. But still. You can tell the kid will be special.
Had the same conversation with some friends this morning. He even said he wanted to jack the ball over the fence but nothing good came his way. Smart play.

Team's gotta step it up though. Tired of that little bitch Eric Karabell. Want the Nats to win to shut that ****er up
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #84
FRPLG
MVP

At some point he's gonna struggle but unless he is seriously stinking it up I say they need to park his ass in CF and call it a day. I'd rather watch him hit 240 than Bernadina and him in left with Werth and Morse(eventually...hopefully) is our best outfield just about any way you look at it.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington Nationals' Bryce Harper takes swings during slow-pitch softball game on Mall - ESPN

Bryce is cool, i think all the hate is funny

He Gets Us
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #86
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I'm really going to need the Nats to stop losing now. This is what they do to me every year, come out strong and then fall flat on their face.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Lately it seems they couldn't even buy a hit if it was offered to them at a discount. We're just going to have to ride it out until our hitters get healthy.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #88
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The guy filming the video is a good friend of mine from college. I thought that was pretty cool of Harper to stop by and take a couple of swings.
R.I.P. #21
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #89
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Nice team win by the Nats tonight! I know the Phillies are aging and banged up, but tonight was the first game of the "Take Back The Park" campaign, and from the looks of it on MASN it actually looked like there were mainly Nationals fans there. I was really hoping either Harper or Werth would get the winning hit, but I'm very happy Ramos was able to drive it in.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #90
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Nice team win by the Nats tonight! I know the Phillies are aging and banged up, but tonight was the first game of the "Take Back The Park" campaign, and from the looks of it on MASN it actually looked like there were mainly Nationals fans there. I was really hoping either Harper or Werth would get the winning hit, but I'm very happy Ramos was able to drive it in.
I'm all about the Nats beating anyone, but wins always feel a little bit sweeter when it's against the Phillies.

Nats v. Phillies to me is like Skins v. Cowboys.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Closed Thread