Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #76
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #77
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.
You're talking about the guy who got caught smoking pot several times?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #78
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't get Davis on the field in 2 TE sets. He can help the offense score yet they leave him on the bench.
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.

Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #79
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.
1. Yup, I am with you on that.

2. Still hanging with you.

3. Yup, still looking good.

4. Oops, you just took a wrong turn into rehashed opinionated stupidville.

5. I dunno ... just like your list, it's all just opinion, but perhaps ... (a) b/c they were strapped with an offseason penalty that left unable to do anything but try to keep as many of the pieces of an NFC East Division winning team together as they could; (b) their star QB was still shaking off the rust and was not as far along as had been hoped causing the offense to sputter and forcing the defense coming back onto the field; (c) b/c the offensive players were performing at a sub-par level and turning the ball over to high powered offenses; (d) the offenses we faced were really good; or (e) the players on the field were missing more tackles than any other team in the league and led the league in allowing yards after contact (i.e. they were put in places to succeed, but failed to do so).

6. First - you know for a fact that (a) this is going on; and (b) the position coaches oppose it and believe it to be detrimental to the players and the actual in-game happenings? Cite me the quote/link please.

Even if KS is more "hands on" for certain aspects of the offense he supervises, maybe, just maybe, the OC thinks the position coaches under him need better supervision and assistance and is giving it to them in the same way any supervisor would assist their mid-level managers in hopes of locating problems and improving the final product? BUT NO ... You're right. Despite merely (what I suspect to be) vague rumors of "over involvement" in the work of his direct reports, the only possible conclusion is that KS is an intrusive, interfering micromanager who ignores his primary job.

7. It's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault.

Quote:
Clearly, the only rational conclusion is that they can and never have done anything right.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 10-18-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #80
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

...........Moved to MD from Denver?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #81
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

7. Etc., etc., etc.

Well #4 that goes more on RG3. The player knows how injured he is more than the coach so that's more on the player IMO.

But the rest of it...I don't know. The coach can't go out there and tackle guys himself. But the clock management and the lack of hurry up, Kyle's shitty playcalling (still scratching my head over the QB draw from the 10 yard line) ...yeah that's total BS. I'm leaning towards Snyder cleaning house.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #82
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
You're talking about the guy who got caught smoking pot several times?
Lol ah man
Old 10-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #83
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Maybe this week I won't have to go back an read the game day threads and see who are supposed to be die hard fans letting theyre beer take over trashing our team like that. Shoe respect these guys wanna win. Don't make me state the obvious
Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #84
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
6. First - you know for a fact that (a) this is going on; and (b) the position coaches oppose it and believe it to be detrimental to the players and the actual in-game happenings? Cite me the quote/link please.

Even if KS is more "hands on" for certain aspects of the offense he supervises, maybe, just maybe, the OC thinks the position coaches under him need better supervision and assistance and is giving it to them in the same way any supervisor would assist their mid-level managers in hopes of locating problems and improving the final product? BUT NO ... You're right. Despite merely (what I suspect to be) vague rumors of "over involvement" in the work of his direct reports, the only possible conclusion is that KS is an intrusive, interfering micromanager who ignores his primary job.

7. It's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault.
6 (highlighted part). Per SmootSmack on this board. I don't know if KS is micromanaging.

7. Never said it is all the coaches fault.

8 (new). I don't mind that you disagree with me but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be sarcastic and mocking next time.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #85
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well #4 that goes more on RG3. The player knows how injured he is more than the coach so that's more on the player IMO.

But the rest of it...I don't know. The coach can't go out there and tackle guys himself. But the clock management and the lack of hurry up, Kyle's shitty playcalling (still scratching my head over the QB draw from the 10 yard line) ...yeah that's total BS. I'm leaning towards Snyder cleaning house.
You are correct. RGIII needed to be more honest with MS and KS. A large part of "knee gate" is on RGIII.

We all are in a position to see this. Over the summer RGIII made repeated public statements about how healed he was. Yet the guy I saw take the field against Philly was not the guy that RGIII described.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #86
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Maybe this week I won't have to go back an read the game day threads and see who are supposed to be die hard fans letting theyre beer take over trashing our team like that. Shoe respect these guys wanna win. Don't make me state the obvious
Respect the shoes!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #87
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You are correct. RGIII needed to be more honest with MS and KS. A large part of "knee gate" is on RGIII.

We all are in a position to see this. Over the summer RGIII made repeated public statements about how healed he was. Yet the guy I saw take the field against Philly was not the guy that RGIII described.
RG3 is really his own worst enemy. I really do believe he thought he was healthy and focused on opening day and I don't think that there has ever been a point in time where he thought he WASN'T.

I haven't figured out if that's a good or bad thing.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #88
Krusheasy
Camp Scrub

Loyalty by Black Boo featuring Blake - Son (Week 7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySfq...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #89
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
RG3 is really his own worst enemy. I really do believe he thought he was healthy and focused on opening day and I don't think that there has ever been a point in time where he thought he WASN'T.

Serious....
I want to hug his neck for the never say die...warrior mentality
.....and club him like a Harp Seal for endangering himself and that of the team!
But...gotta' love him..
Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #90
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

He's def his own worst enemy,going back to the seattle game for not pulling himself out.You can blame him or shanny,but thats another discussion.

Latest thing is he's saying he's trying to draw the penalty on out of bounds plays.First off,dude needs to shut the f ck up,why come out and say that? All that does is get bad attn focused on him and he might not get the calls now he would before.He even admits to slowing down in the Detroit game to try and draw a penalty
Robert Griffin III Says He Tries to Draw Penalties on Sideline Runs | Bleacher Report

2nd,he just needs to slide or get out of bounds without taking the hit,cmon Robert youve got to be smarter than that,the less hits the better
I'm seeing a real lack of maturity on his part coming out and saying a lot of the things he says