Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Trump Accomplishments

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #76
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Trump Accomplishments

Maybe Ill start a wonderlic test thread and we can all take it, (lie about our scores) and compare. Have the wonderlic scores been revealed yet?

Its hard ..

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #77
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Maybe Ill start a wonderlic test thread and we can all take it, (lie about our scores) and compare. Have the wonderlic scores been revealed yet?

Its hard ..
I wonder if i can get matty to change my nick to WileECoyote. You know, since im a super genius

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #78
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I am just sick and tired of liberals demeaning the intelligence of those that don't think like them, and all the petty name calling, we aren't in 3rd grade. I have a few long term friends I no longer speak with because they went half crazy when Trump got elected. G1 seems a spitting image of them. Strange thing is none of them followed democrat party lines 100% till Trump got elected, both of them used to mock and make fun of gay people, yet now I am a "hater" and a "moron" to them because I don't think a dude in a dress belongs in the ladies room.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #79
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I am just sick and tired of liberals demeaning the intelligence of those that don't think like them, and all the petty name calling, we aren't in 3rd grade. I have a few long term friends I no longer speak with because they went half crazy when Trump got elected. G1 seems a spitting image of them. Strange thing is none of them followed democrat party lines 100% till Trump got elected, both of them used to mock and make fun of gay people, yet now I am a "hater" and a "moron" to them because I don't think a dude in a dress belongs in the ladies room.
You need a fucking snickers "both of who use to mock and make fun of gay people" ????? We get it you're not in 3rd grade your acting like you're in kindergarten!
Old 05-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #80
mike340
Special Teams

I consider Hillary the most "despicable" of them all.

Many/most political "contests" have criticism of the opponents. But I remember NO election where a candidate denigrated the constituency of the opposing party until this one.

I was a Democrat and then switched to Republican in 1981. Until 2016 I felt one could have a reasonable conversation between people of the different parties. Now all the Republicans I know are afraid of telling anyone they're Republican. That is not at all true for the Democrats I know. Hillary has single-handedly made communication impossible by reducing Republicans to "despicables" in the eyes of Democrats. And, as well all know, despicable people don't need to be listened to.

As far as why I became a Republican: in 1981, I was working as an actuary and heard all the partisan rhetoric about the Tax Act of 1981. But because of what I was doing at work, I actually had to read the entire document. When I was done, I realized that the Democrats portrayal of it was extremely distorted (for their own ends) and the Republican portrayal was quite loyal to what the act said. Between that and the Democrats ridiculous demands that the tax system should not be reformed (no movement of tax brackets with inflation?) I could no longer be a Democrat.

Hillary's "despicable" remark made it impossible to vote for her, as it also reminded me of the Inquisition. ("You will believe like I do or you're dead or garbage.")

In addition, I lived in Boston from 1975-1989 and saw the beginning of the career of John Kerry. I remember thinking at the time that he was an enemy of the U.S. (I was still a Democrat at that time.) Whenever he traveled he always made sure to visit our worst enemies and do photo ops with them. He also always spoke well of them.

Combine that with the fact that the Obama administration started up relations with Cuba who had tried to kill our family and my father in particular (bomb under his desk that someone else set off) because he was the Chief Consul at our town in Venezuela, and that one of my best friends in elementary school lost his father (an ambassador) to assassination by the Cubans: this action also made it impossible to vote Democratic. Maybe if there had been a change in regime, but it was still run by the same family (the even-worse brother of Fidel, Raul.)

Years ago I had great hopes for Ross Perot's new party until Patrick Buchanon abused the rules to get the nomination. I was hoping for a new centrist party.

In the end, I was happy Trump won last time since it would (hopefully) give the Republicans a message that we don't want religion controlling the platform. My hope was that an old-style Republican party would re-emerge, focusing on smaller government, and not controlled by the religious "hard-liners."

In my view, Trump later wasn't allowed to do anything from the get-go, thus not allowing the voters from seeing what he might do. This I felt was due to the "sore-loser" status of the Democrats. For the magazine "Science", they put in a physicist as the head some time before Trump became president. That physicist was, however, a former member of congress (Democrat) and had been tagged as one of the 17 most liberal members of Congress. (I am not aware of anyone so political having been put in a position of control there before.) So now the magazine is inundated with covers of hungry children and climate change. Many of the articles are now written by journalists, not scientists. They organized a march within 3 months of Trump taking office. In the meantime, Obama was getting a Nobel Peace Prize at about the same time in his term. (Why? I don't know. I thought we were NOT to be judged by the color of our skin.) They are taking lots of advertising from China, and (almost) never criticize them for anything. The magazine now has a lot of the space dedicated to politically active topics, which wasn't the case before, and the scientific part has been greatly reduced.

So if they want to look for foreign influence peddling, shouldn't they also look for China meddling in our elections?

As far as Hillary, I got to meet a guy from Jamaica who works for some banking group covering all the Americas. He told me the Clintons are despised in Haiti, where they did really no good for the people but made it look like they did. He asked my why the Democrats are so focused on helping people who break the law. I had never looked at it that way. In any event, he showed me how things appear from outside the country.

Sorry if this is rambling, but I'm stuck in this "quarantine"...

Final note: I don't like the motives of a lot of the latinos here. My wife told me that she would have had nothing to do with those types in Mexico. (She is from Mexico and is only here because of me.) Where families have a financially-responsible 2 to 3 kids in Mexico, they have far more when they are here because the government will help. I have 6, but ask no help. I would like to have the state pay for some of their homeschooling, however, as we play (plenty of) property taxes and the schools in P.G. are pathetic. When we were in the hospital having the last one, a woman from "Casa de Maryland", an agency for latinos that receives quite a bit of money from the state, was almost fighting with my wife, telling her that she should divorce "her husband" so that she could be a single mother and receive state benefits. When they saw me, however, they immediately stopped and quickly left.

There are many events that I could recount, as I DON'T judge anyone by the color of their skin (my wife is the darkest in her family, which her family makes a big deal about), but by their actions, and so have been in many places where I have heard many things (frequently as the only non-latino at a latino party). I cannot, however, ignore trends, and so will generalize, as we all do, whether we admit it or not. It is crucial, however, that whatever generalizations one makes about a group never clouds one's judgement about the individuals one meets, and it is further of the utmost importance that all receive a fair chance to be treated equally. (I must also add that I became friends with a lot of the black students when I was at M.I.T., and was able to get a view of some of the difficulties they faced, but this email is long enough as is.

So, hopefully, no one will rip me a new one for this post, but since all my posts up to now have been ignored, I may be pretty safe after all.
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post

l.
BS, trump beats her by a mile.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:38 AM   #82
mike340
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
BS, trump beats her by a mile.
If you didn't read the rest of my post you proved my point.

(By the way, thanks for all the other nice posts, (quarantine, boobs, etc.) that you put up. But we can't all agree on everything!)
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If you didn't read the rest of my post you proved my point.

(By the way, thanks for all the other nice posts, (quarantine, boobs, etc.) that you put up. But we can't all agree on everything!)
No , I did read it .Again trump is ten times worse .Hillary said something about deplorable and you and others have a cow,trump bad mouths and entire race(Hispanics), he bad mouths a war Hero's family and ...it's ok that's not as bad as calling the ignorant voters that voted for trump deplorable s? Yup to me it's BS.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:24 PM   #84
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

Many/most political "contests" have criticism of the opponents. But I remember NO election where a candidate denigrated the constituency of the opposing party until this one.

I was a Democrat and then switched to Republican in 1981. Until 2016 I felt one could have a reasonable conversation between people of the different parties. Now all the Republicans I know are afraid of telling anyone they're Republican. That is not at all true for the Democrats I know. Hillary has single-handedly made communication impossible by reducing Republicans to "despicables" in the eyes of Democrats. And, as well all know, despicable people don't need to be listened to.

As far as why I became a Republican: in 1981, I was working as an actuary and heard all the partisan rhetoric about the Tax Act of 1981. But because of what I was doing at work, I actually had to read the entire document. When I was done, I realized that the Democrats portrayal of it was extremely distorted (for their own ends) and the Republican portrayal was quite loyal to what the act said. Between that and the Democrats ridiculous demands that the tax system should not be reformed (no movement of tax brackets with inflation?) I could no longer be a Democrat.

Hillary's "despicable" remark made it impossible to vote for her, as it also reminded me of the Inquisition. ("You will believe like I do or you're dead or garbage.")

In addition, I lived in Boston from 1975-1989 and saw the beginning of the career of John Kerry. I remember thinking at the time that he was an enemy of the U.S. (I was still a Democrat at that time.) Whenever he traveled he always made sure to visit our worst enemies and do photo ops with them. He also always spoke well of them.

Combine that with the fact that the Obama administration started up relations with Cuba who had tried to kill our family and my father in particular (bomb under his desk that someone else set off) because he was the Chief Consul at our town in Venezuela, and that one of my best friends in elementary school lost his father (an ambassador) to assassination by the Cubans: this action also made it impossible to vote Democratic. Maybe if there had been a change in regime, but it was still run by the same family (the even-worse brother of Fidel, Raul.)

Years ago I had great hopes for Ross Perot's new party until Patrick Buchanon abused the rules to get the nomination. I was hoping for a new centrist party.

In the end, I was happy Trump won last time since it would (hopefully) give the Republicans a message that we don't want religion controlling the platform. My hope was that an old-style Republican party would re-emerge, focusing on smaller government, and not controlled by the religious "hard-liners.

So, hopefully, no one will rip me a new one for this post, but since all my posts up to now have been ignored, I may be pretty safe after all.
Hey mike, hope all is good with you. I didn’t reply to your coronavirus posts because I know you were providing data but it looked like something out of the matrix with a wall of numbers.

As to this post, you do you man. I can understand if you voted for trump thinking he would help separate the Republican Party from the religious right .... but I find it absurd that you blame democrats for blocking trump. Republicans controlled both senate and house for 2 years.

Any reasonable and intellectually honest person can’t blame dems for trump cow toeing to the religious right. That’s his base, he has embraced that. Pence was brought on to reinforce that.

Just my opinion. I don’t think you are being objective or honest. Which is cool. That’s fine. Your life, your thoughts, your vote.

Do you. But I find most of your reasoning to be tunnel visioned and not intellectually objective.

Which cool. Cheers
Old 05-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

I should say I find your political reasons to be bias .... I am sorry to hear about your personal experiences, those type of events would certainly shape my world view more than Hillary one time using the term “deplorable”. Your personal story can never be bias or wrong because you lived it and only you get to decide how you view and grow in life from your past experiences.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Could you imagine if the virus hit in a middling economy?

And mike, you are kinda cringing me out.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-14-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

President Trump said he is open to Microsoft or another U.S. company buying TikTok, but wants the government to receive a portion of the sale price

What a fucking legend. Of course this would be hilarious...he stops China data collection, forces it sale and U.S. then takes a cut.

He Gets Us
Old 08-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #88
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
President Trump said he is open to Microsoft or another U.S. company buying TikTok, but wants the government to receive a portion of the sale price

What a fucking legend. Of course this would be hilarious...he stops China data collection, forces it sale and U.S. then takes a cut.
...............and you endorse him.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #89
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Thank God this shit is getting done!! I have been worried sick about it!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adm...172605990.html

The Trump Administration wants to include $337m in its next coronavirus relief bill to pay for a renovation of the White Houses’ West Wing.

The administration says the work would “increase the White House campus’s ability to detect, mitigate and alleviate external security and pandemic threats.”

The nearly $400m sum, included in the draft aid legislation from Senate Republicans, would cover a new security screening facility for the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in the White House complex.

Officials said other necessary work includes renovations to electrical and information technology infrastructure and unspecified security improvements.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:04 PM   #90
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Thank God this shit is getting done!! I have been worried sick about it!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adm...172605990.html

The Trump Administration wants to include $337m in its next coronavirus relief bill to pay for a renovation of the White Houses’ West Wing.

The administration says the work would “increase the White House campus’s ability to detect, mitigate and alleviate external security and pandemic threats.”

The nearly $400m sum, included in the draft aid legislation from Senate Republicans, would cover a new security screening facility for the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in the White House complex.

Officials said other necessary work includes renovations to electrical and information technology infrastructure and unspecified security improvements.
He’s trying to clean up that shithole...who could blame him

He Gets Us