It's Officially Draft Season Baby!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-02-2023, 12:40 PM   #76
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: It's Officially Draft Season Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
We should consider DE in the first round if a good one falls to us because we will lose Sweat or Young after next year.
I definitely wouldn't count it out, especially if they decide to trade one of them.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2023, 12:44 PM   #77
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I think there's a very good chance BPA is a OT or CB, so I like the odds of landing someone at those positions of need. But I'm not opposed to another position if that player is a baller.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:50 PM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I just want Sam protected so he can flourish. T and G on the right side are priorities.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:23 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I just want Sam protected so he can flourish. T and G on the right side are priorities.
Listening to Keim pod, he’s throughly convinced at this point 16 is the Oline and everything else seems to be a distinct second.

Things could change, be Keim saying they aren’t done at the line. Sounds like Andrew Norwell is most likely gone, and a decision will be made with Roullier.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:35 AM   #80
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Listening to Keim pod, he’s throughly convinced at this point 16 is the Oline and everything else seems to be a distinct second.

Things could change, be Keim saying they aren’t done at the line. Sounds like Andrew Norwell is most likely gone, and a decision will be made with Roullier.
Cornelius Lucas is also on that list I think, curious to see what happens with Leno if one of the top OT fall to us. Would they play a rookie LT at LG for a season or two while Leno stays at LT? Genuine question as the intricacies of swapping positions on the OL are not entirely clear to me.

Certainly room to save cap space once the draft is done
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:42 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

It's Officially Draft Season Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Only way I would go elsewhere at 16 is if one of the top 3 corners is there and all the Tackles are gone. We could still get a big time G at 47. But I would love Skoronski or Paris at 16. Wright out of Tennessee. Go Torrence or Schmidts at 47. Cement the shit out of the line in the first two rounds.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:50 AM   #82
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Only 24 more days until our Super Bowl!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #83
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Only way I would go elsewhere at 16 is if one of the top 3 corners is there and all the Tackles are gone. We could still get a big time G at 47. But I would love Skoronski or Paris at 16. Go Torrence or Schmidts at 47. Cement the shit out of the line in the first two rounds.
Seems that most feel like Skoronski is going to be a Guard in the NFL. With that, I'm not sure why he's consistently the top Tackle in most mocks.

I don't know if any of these Tackles are going to come in and play LT right away, which is why I'm not going to be heartbroken if that's not the pick at 16. I just hope they stick to their board and pick who they think is the best player...unless that player is a WR, in which case I'd be ok if they worked a trade to move back a few spots.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:34 AM   #84
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Seems that most feel like Skoronski is going to be a Guard in the NFL. With that, I'm not sure why he's consistently the top Tackle in most mocks.

I don't know if any of these Tackles are going to come in and play LT right away, which is why I'm not going to be heartbroken if that's not the pick at 16. I just hope they stick to their board and pick who they think is the best player...unless that player is a WR, in which case I'd be ok if they worked a trade to move back a few spots.
I'm with you, for early rounds, we should go BPA except for the WR and DT positions.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:51 AM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I'm with you, for early rounds, we should go BPA except for the WR and DT positions.
Yes follow the board, but also take into consideration that areas of the draft which are particularly stacked with talent sometimes you can wait a round and get the similar quality of player. DE, TE and Corner are said to have a lot available guys.

While listening to Keim he took that into consideration when talking CB versus Oline.

One thing Keim also said, which I totally agree, is type of player/fit is often overlooked by the mock draft experts and way more important with staff.

He Gets Us
Old 04-03-2023, 03:32 PM   #86
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I think there's a very good chance BPA is a OT or CB, so I like the odds of landing someone at those positions of need. But I'm not opposed to another position if that player is a baller.
Probably not an OT unless no one picks one prior to pick 16. CB or RB is probably going to BPA (and we don't need a RB plus imo RB should no longer be considered in the 1st).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:03 PM   #87
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Anyone who can come in and upgrade any spot along our line, G, T, C - im all for it.
Darnell Wright has played both LT and RT and I think will be there at 16. We will see what happens. I just don’t want and skill position guys at 16. We are good there. TE is pretty deep and we can get an upgrade there probably through the 5th round.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:58 AM   #88
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Anyone who can come in and upgrade any spot along our line, G, T, C - im all for it.
Darnell Wright has played both LT and RT and I think will be there at 16. We will see what happens. I just don’t want and skill position guys at 16. We are good there. TE is pretty deep and we can get an upgrade there probably through the 5th round.
I hear you. I would be fine if they went O-line in the first two rounds. The only Tackle I like in the first is B Jones. If he's there at 16 I'd be ok with that. However, if one of the top O-line prospects doesn't make sense at 16, then I hope they trade back into the 20s and pick Torrance or Schmitz.

You can never have enough playmakers though. M Mayer is going to be a beast at TE. There's probably no Travis Kelce in the draft, but he is probably the closest to it.

Like I said before, this team has a lot of needs still, so whoever they choose is going to be an upgrade at that position...likely a position of need.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:05 AM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hear you. I would be fine if they went O-line in the first two rounds. The only Tackle I like in the first is B Jones. If he's there at 16 I'd be ok with that. However, if one of the top O-line prospects doesn't make sense at 16, then I hope they trade back into the 20s and pick Torrance or Schmitz.

You can never have enough playmakers though. M Mayer is going to be a beast at TE. There's probably no Travis Kelce in the draft, but he is probably the closest to it.

Like I said before, this team has a lot of needs still, so whoever they choose is going to be an upgrade at that position...likely a position of need.
I like B Jones too. Athletic and no doubt Left tackle fit. I like him and the kid from Ohio State.

He Gets Us
Old 04-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Id be more than ok with trading back and still getting Torrence or Schmitz. I do like Jones. Witherspoon would be a score but i doubt he drops.