Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Trayvon Martin Case

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #76
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

I'm wondering how long it takes for this to become a push for CCTV like we have in Europe.

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #77
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
has anyone seen a photo of martin at age 17? just curious. i think the most popular one w the media, w the hollister shirt, is several years old
heres some pics:

Was Trayvon Martin a Drug Dealer? | a12iggymom's Blog

Also ive heard the photo of Martin in the hoodie was airbrushed to make him look "softer".
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #78
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
heres some pics:

Also ive heard the photo of Martin in the hoodie was airbrushed to make him look "softer".
This is indeed fact. Just read it today. The photo of him that is on all the billboards and signs is the photoshopped one.

Current photos of him portray a vastly different looking individual. Tattoos, gold teeth. One web site said he had some kind of tattoo on his cheek that the airbrushing removed...
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #79
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
This is indeed fact. Just read it today. The photo of him that is on all the billboards and signs is the photoshopped one.

Current photos of him portray a vastly different looking individual. Tattoos, gold teeth. One web site said he had some kind of tattoo on his cheek that the airbrushing removed...
I have to say that doesn't make him a bad kid nor Zimmerman a racist.

There is now a hint of cynical exploitation to this event that, should it prove to be true, would set race relations back a few decades.

I'm also not a big fan of happy capering during a solemn (I would guess) event like a walk in memoriam, although I could have posted this in 'Grind my gears'

Last edited by RedskinRat; 03-26-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

So a kid with tattoos and gold teeth is a gangster? Or a drugdealer? I'm pretty sure if this dude was a true gangster he wouldn't have had just iced tea and skittles on him right? I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong in this case but in all fairness most 18 year old s want to act hard that's just the way it is in today's world.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #81
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
I have to say that doesn't make him a bad kid nor Zimmerman a racist.

There is now a hint of cynical exploitation to this event that, should it prove to be true, would set race relations back a few decades.

I'm also not a big fan of happy capering during a solemn (I would guess) event like a walk in memoriam, although I could have posted this in 'Grind my gears'
I know this sounds awful, but I'm kinda glad it wasn't a white guy who shot him. I mean, this is already a media circus, but it involves 2 minorities. Which doesn't make it any better, but I just feel like there's a different air about it than if it was some lily white guy, shooting a black guy. I feel like that would be bad. I'm talking like, race riots bad.

I don't feel like things are going to breakdown between blacks and hispanics because of this.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #82
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Okay, so why is it inflammatory if a white person shoots a black teenager under suspicious circumstances but not inflammatory if a Hispanic individual shoots a black teenager under suspicious circumstances? Explain to me why this is not base hypocracy or demagougery.

It's between two minorities? So minorities can shoot each other and society won't bring out the pitchforks, only white folks have to answer to the mob? This doesn't strike you as wrong? A young man is dead - If unjustified, shouldn't outrage flow regardless of who shot him or the colors involved?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #83
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So minorities can shoot each other and society won't bring out the pitchforks, only white folks have to answer to the mob?
So it would appear, yes.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #84
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So a kid with tattoos and gold teeth is a gangster? Or a drugdealer? I'm pretty sure if this dude was a true gangster he wouldn't have had just iced tea and skittles on him right? I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong in this case but in all fairness most 18 year old s want to act hard that's just the way it is in today's world.
The one website that was linked a few posts above paints a pretty good picture that Martin was into drugs or the drug scene. He also had problems at school. Keep in mind the website has credible news links to all stories. They hit gold when they found Martin's facebook and twitter.

He was suspended out of school for 10 days, later revealed to be from assulting a bus driver. There is a screen cap from Martin's twitter where Martin and someone else are talking about the incident.

There is also a facebook conversation posted from where someone was asking Martin where he was because "a ni**a needs a plant"

Friends of Treyvon took to twitter and facebook and posted photos of a rolled up blunt, along with a picture of treyvon. Not saying beating up a bus driver, selling weed, or smoking marijuana makes him a bad guy, but it does paint a drastically different scene than the 4 year old photos of a 13 year old angelic looking boy that the media has posted every where.

There is also a fox video where they have a witness that described the scene. Zimmerman was being beaten and held down by Martin allegedly, and they say that the screams on the 911 call was Zimmerman's own. Even the police say that when they found zimmerman, he was beaten, bloody, with a broken nose, a laceration on his head, and his clothes were wet with grass stains on them, indicating signs of a struggle. Also as some mentioned, Zimmerman was only 5'9 and was not in shape at the time of this fight. Martin was easily 6'3"" or bigger and weighed 200 pounds. An out of shape 5'9guy is never going to do very well against an in shape 17 year old who is 6'3" and 200 pounds..

I have a bad feeling there will never be resolution with this case, regardless of the verdict. too many unanswered questions, although it now looks like things are starting to become more clear on what may have happened that night.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #85
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Zimmerman was only 5'9 and was not in shape at the time of this fight. Martin was easily 6'3"" or bigger and weighed 200 pounds. An out of shape 5'9guy is never going to do very well against an in shape 17 year old who is 6'3" and 200 pounds..
The stats I read earlier (which I now can't find) had Zimmerman weighing in at 200lbs and 5'9" and Trayvon Martin at 170lbs and 6'3".

This is starting to become more like the Duke Lacrosse witch hunt by every hour.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #86
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay, so why is it inflammatory if a white person shoots a black teenager under suspicious circumstances but not inflammatory if a Hispanic individual shoots a black teenager under suspicious circumstances? Explain to me why this is not base hypocracy or demagougery.

It's between two minorities? So minorities can shoot each other and society won't bring out the pitchforks, only white folks have to answer to the mob? This doesn't strike you as wrong? A young man is dead - If unjustified, shouldn't outrage flow regardless of who shot him or the colors involved?
I think it's the idea that people think minorities need to band together against white people because they're looking out for their own, so minorities have to look after their own. Its an archaic idea but it seems those ideas die hard.

I mean, I just read an article on how some white kids, aged 16-21 were bummed out when they found out certain characters from The Hunger Games were black. I mean really? Someone outright said they felt no pity for those characters anymore.

It seems like minority crimes get swept under the rug. It's just kind of like, "eh shit happens." Minority on minority crime doesn't cause outrage, but if its white on black or vice versa, everyone's ready to stage a protest and cry racism.

In my opinion, its all incredibly sad.

I strongly hope and want to believe that we're still making strides in race relations where there ARE no barriers and people want justice because a young man died, but cases like this, where it seems like people are trying to inject race into it and the example I gave makes me think there's still a long, long way to go.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #87
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
The one website that was linked a few posts above paints a pretty good picture that Martin was into drugs or the drug scene. He also had problems at school. Keep in mind the website has credible news links to all stories. They hit gold when they found Martin's facebook and twitter.

He was suspended out of school for 10 days, later revealed to be from assulting a bus driver. There is a screen cap from Martin's twitter where Martin and someone else are talking about the incident.

There is also a facebook conversation posted from where someone was asking Martin where he was because "a ni**a needs a plant"

Friends of Treyvon took to twitter and facebook and posted photos of a rolled up blunt, along with a picture of treyvon. Not saying beating up a bus driver, selling weed, or smoking marijuana makes him a bad guy, but it does paint a drastically different scene than the 4 year old photos of a 13 year old angelic looking boy that the media has posted every where.

There is also a fox video where they have a witness that described the scene. Zimmerman was being beaten and held down by Martin allegedly, and they say that the screams on the 911 call was Zimmerman's own. Even the police say that when they found zimmerman, he was beaten, bloody, with a broken nose, a laceration on his head, and his clothes were wet with grass stains on them, indicating signs of a struggle. Also as some mentioned, Zimmerman was only 5'9 and was not in shape at the time of this fight. Martin was easily 6'3"" or bigger and weighed 200 pounds. An out of shape 5'9guy is never going to do very well against an in shape 17 year old who is 6'3" and 200 pounds..

I have a bad feeling there will never be resolution with this case, regardless of the verdict. too many unanswered questions, although it now looks like things are starting to become more clear on what may have happened that night.
I heard on CNN he was suspended for having a baggie that tested positive for holding marijuana.

And Zimmerman also had a domestic abuse charge from beating up an ex-girlfriend.

This whole thing is such a pendulum, swinging back and forth from who seems like the most innocent party. As details emerge I don't think either of these guys were wrapped too tight.

Still not convinced Martin was a thug, just a kid that likes to smoke marijuana... A lot. And I don't think Zimmerman is a racist either, but I do still think he's a nut.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #88
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

It took me a long time to read through the whole website:

But I encourage everyone to. It isn't conjecture or speculation, it is all news and photo evidence pieced together. The twitter conversations and myspace photos all show a totally different guy than what the media wants you to think. Not saying that stuff should have cost him his life, but now witnesses are coming forward and all signs point to Martin being the aggressor.

I was also very saddened to hear that Martin's mother is now copyrighting slogans about Trayvon so that they can sell DVDs and CDs about the tragedy. Again this is not speculation this is a statement coming straight from the Martin family attorney. So it looks to me like they are going to try and make some money off it. Very sickening.

It is like the duke university witch hunt. More and more crap coming out by the minute...
Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #89
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If This was black on black crime would it be national news worthy? This is what bothers me about the situation, I'm not on any side of This case, I do think Martin had to have said something or done something to get shot but he probably shouldn't have been followed anyway.. but my point is if a black man shot and killed let's say a white or hespanic man I just don't see it big news like this.. hell young black males are murdered almost every day in new Orleans but this so happened to be a "racial " issue and here we go again. 2012 and our country still is ridiculous when it comes to race.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I heard on CNN he was suspended for having a baggie that tested positive for holding marijuana.

And Zimmerman also had a domestic abuse charge from beating up an ex-girlfriend.

This whole thing is such a pendulum, swinging back and forth from who seems like the most innocent party. As details emerge I don't think either of these guys were wrapped too tight.

Still not convinced Martin was a thug, just a kid that likes to smoke marijuana... A lot. And I don't think Zimmerman is a racist either, but I do still think he's a nut.
He smoked weed and had gold teeth but I don't see any record of him that show gang activity or even any weapons charges. He was 17 I mean all kids that age think they are something they are not.
Closed Thread