Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

2012 NBA Playoffs

Other Sports

Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #76
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: 2012 NBA Playoffs

Westbrook is so overrated. OKC wins in spite of him, not really because of him. He more than often shoots a horrible % and quite often shoots more than the best offensive player in the NBA. (durant) Not what you want or need from a PG.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Westbrook is so overrated. OKC wins in spite of him, not really because of him. He more than often shoots a horrible % and quite often shoots more than the best offensive player in the NBA. (durant) Not what you want or need from a PG.
He's frustrating believe me but he's not overrated, guy avgs a double double almost and is the best rebounding pg by far in the NBA. Also remember he was never a PG in college so he's still adjusting
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's frustrating believe me but he's not overrated, guy avgs a double double almost and is the best rebounding pg by far in the NBA. Also remember he was never a PG in college so he's still adjusting
I seriously can not stand when people pull sh*t out of their ass that is not even fawking true.

He is not even the best Reb PG in the NBA never mind by far.

Rajon Rondo Info Page | NBA.com
Russell Westbrook Career Stats Page | NBA.com

He is neck and neck with Rondo; there maybe even someone better then both them I just didn't feel like looking it up.

Go home with your weak sauce false stats, sh*t annoys me when people do that.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #79
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Want to preface this by saying i dont know anything about the NBA, or pro bball. However, The Thunder is (are?) my faviort team, although before the playoffs i maybe watched 1 of their games. After Maynor, Durant is my faviort player.

i thought this was a good read:

Kevin Durant: Passive aggressive superstar scoring machine - CBSSports.com

Mike and Mike this morning were (was?) talking about the thunder being 25-5 when Westbrook shoots more then Durant this season. And that Westbrook was 50% last night in the 4th quarter, i think simular to Durant.

I really like that its not all on Durant, like it often is with Kobe or was with Lebron in Clevland. Sure Durant is the best or second best player but he makes his team better by not doing everything but by facilitating everything.

The Thunder looked like a young team in game 1 and even younger in game 2. But i think that theres no big egos on the team and they all do what the coach says. I think the current setup with Westbook and Durant is fine. It would be nice if the Thunder could show some poise early in these games and start off faster but otherwise i think theyre playing good.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #80
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

Go home with your weak sauce false stats, sh*t annoys me when people do that.
However, please note that:

superstitious facts > weak sauce false stats

At least in my opinion
Old 06-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
guy avgs a double double almost

Not even close.

The problem with Westbrook is he wants to be the "man." The guy who gets all the glory. To be honest, they would be better off finding a true PG who can distribute the ball and open the lane up, than go with a shoot first mentality at the PG. The last PG the NBA has that was a true facilitator and scorer was Isaiah Thomas and Magic Johnson(Nash to some extent). In some of their best years, they would average 21 points a game, while dishing out 10-13 assists per night. That's absolutely incredible.

A point guard needs to be able to get people involved into the game, and Westbrook simply isn't that guy. Chris Paul and Deron Williams 2007-2010 stats should exemplify what a incredible PGs should be. I think Chris Paul is about the closest we'll see to a Isaiah, Magic, or John Stockton, but he needs to get those assist numbers back up.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #82
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Tom Haberstroh @tomhaberstroh

Russell Westbrook: 26 shots, 27 points. James Harden 11 shots, 21 points.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker

OKC's biggest problem
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #84
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post

This is a better read and more accurate to the true issue.

Westbrook's the problem for Thunder ... he just doesn't realize it - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

He was a major problem last year as well in the playoffs.

Edit: Another article.

Column: Do Thunder and Russell Westbrook have a problem? :InsideHoops

Notice him talking about the flow of the offense, and how Westbrooks many shots interrupt that flow. THIS is what being a PG is all about, not about scoring points, but about making the offense flow.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-15-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #85
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I agree he takes way to many shots but he's not some scrub that's getting carried by any means here guys
Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Magic said at halftime that Westbrook's performance in the 1st half was one of the worst he had ever seen in the finals.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #87
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Russ for the reg season.

23 ppg. 5.5 asst 5 rebounds
46% shooting.

That's pretty damn good folks
Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Again I agree with most of u that kd should no doubt take the last shot and more shots but he's came out and said he wants russ to shoot more some games
Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #89
itvnetop
Playmaker

Westbrook definitely needs to improve his shot selection a bit, but he's improved from last season. I think the last game was a relapse (although nothing as bad as last year's Memphis series).

In terms of point guards, I think the position is being redefined. While you've got traditional passers like Nash, Paul and Rondo, we're starting to see guys like Westbrook and Rose. While teams with less talent need pass first point guards, it's proven that one isn't necessarily needed to win on championship rosters. The Lakers started Derek Fisher for all those years they won rings.

If you've got an athletic 1 like Rose or Westbrook that can take it to the rack, as well as shoot, it will open up space for other shooters/slashers. Westbrook doesn't need to change his game in order for the Thunder to succeed... just shoot better shots (I read the Thunder have a better record when Westbrook shoots more than Durant, weirdly enough). OKC succeeds because everyone knows how to pass.

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 06-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Russ has quieted the haters tonight! 37 points and shooting great