WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #76
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im not giving up a 1st (19) for Stafford and def not for Matt "Ill be 36 and starting my 13th season" Ryan.

Lots of "unknown future events" will happen between now and March. I want to see who is made a FA or on the discounted trade block and I think Stafford/Ryan etc should be discounted imo.
Well, just for fun - if you were to trade for Stafford, what would be your offer?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2021, 04:54 PM   #77
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Well, just for fun - if you were to trade for Stafford, what would be your offer?
3rd and a 5th or if forced a 4th.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:58 PM   #78
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
lol . . . i'd offer that . . . no way Lions will take it though
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

At 32 Stafford would be a great addition, and Stafford/McLaurin would be amazing.

I would absolutely give up our first round (not much more) because you are getting a known franchise qb to guide our offense for the next 6 to 10 years based on current qb trends.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:11 PM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
We had to give up Kendall Fuller for an older (and no offense to Alex Smith, but he was never on Stafford's level) and worse quarterback. Literally no way we give up that little.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Wouldn't give a first either but a 2nd/4th? Sure. Or a 2nd and a 3rd in 2022.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

We are going to use our first on a qb one way or another. In my opinion, getting Stafford is as sure a prospect as you could hope for with a first round pick. It seems penny wise and pound foolish to not use the first round pick on a qb who has at least 5 solid years left, when we have a d-line that has 3-4 years to stand fast. Use the first, get a qb who will lead the offense with confidence. Use FA to get a top WR, and the draft for MLB/OL

That would be my dream scenario
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #83
rocnrik
Playmaker

I would 100 % give up the 19th pick for Stafford !! That buys us a chance next year to contend .. also to bring in a rookie at some point to learn under Stafford would work out .. ( no reason Stafford could not play another 5 years at high level ) .. how would things have worked out if we had traded that Haskins pick for Stafford?? With Him you know what you are getting .. as far as injuries well look what happened to Burrow..Stafford has been fairly healthy in his career . It buys us time while the window is open for a push .. we can shore up other needs with the rest of the draft and free agency ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:27 PM   #84
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
probably the no. 19 overall if I had to ... i really want a Qb and I like Staffords game. (I know I just sd i wouldnt). Im just not sure Matt Stafford fits what RR/Turner look for in a QB to run their system anyway.

They targeted Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinike as their cheap versions of what they want. Mobile, will work from primary read to checkdown quickly, accurate within 15 yards. Basically ball control, quick short pass game = run game, no negative plays, 1st and 2nd down seem to try and set up a 3rd and short. Seems like every play was designed to get 5-10 yards with the hope a player can make some guys miss and add some YAC. We were a paper cut offense.

Stafford seems like a 90's early 2000s drop back pocket passer always looking and pressing for the long ball. Stafford doesnt consistently amass the stats he does year after year not being good at reading Ds and knowing when to take what the D gives and I like his game ... just not sure that fits what RR/Turner want to run. RR/Turner probably want a better version of Allen/Heinike.

Hypothetically -- RR probably wants his QB to turn down a 30 yard pass if the success rate is less than 50% and to take the checkdown 5-10 yarder with a 90% success rate. Stafford would take that 30 yarder all day.

Idk .. some many things will happen here soon. i imagine our 2021 starting Qb's name hasnt even been mentioned in these threads yet.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #85
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
probably the no. 19 overall if I had to ... i really want a Qb and I like Staffords game. (I know I just sd i wouldnt). Im just not sure Matt Stafford fits what RR/Turner look for in a QB to run their system anyway.

They targeted Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinike as their cheap versions of what they want. Mobile, will work from primary read to checkdown quickly, accurate within 15 yards. Basically ball control, quick short pass game = run game, no negative plays, 1st and 2nd down seem to try and set up a 3rd and short. Seems like every play was designed to get 5-10 yards with the hope a player can make some guys miss and add some YAC. We were a paper cut offense.

Stafford seems like a 90's early 2000s drop back pocket passer always looking and pressing for the long ball. Stafford doesnt consistently amass the stats he does year after year not being good at reading Ds and knowing when to take what the D gives and I like his game ... just not sure that fits what RR/Turner want to run. RR/Turner probably want a better version of Allen/Heinike.

Hypothetically -- RR probably wants his QB to turn down a 30 yard pass if the success rate is less than 50% and to take the checkdown 5-10 yarder with a 90% success rate. Stafford would take that 30 yarder all day.

Idk .. some many things will happen here soon. i imagine our 2021 starting Qb's name hasnt even been mentioned in these threads yet.
Well to be fair, I think the game plan this year was mostly due to personnel. If they pick up a WR1 like Robinson to go opposite McLaurin, and another TE who can be a threat down the field and over the middle, you will probably see him run the offense he really wants to - a lot of motion, a strong inside running game, and looking to pass deep first, working the progressions back towards the line of scrimmage. We don't currently have the personnel to do that...but we could next year...

Last edited by Chief X_Phackter; 01-13-2021 at 06:28 PM.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:53 PM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Bro this ain’t madden lol, the Lions are not just letting a top 15 QB walk like that. It’ll cost a 2nd and probably 4 at the very minimum. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 1 tho
Old 01-13-2021, 06:55 PM   #87
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I would 100 % give up the 19th pick for Stafford !! That buys us a chance next year to contend .. also to bring in a rookie at some point to learn under Stafford would work out .. ( no reason Stafford could not play another 5 years at high level ) .. how would things have worked out if we had traded that Haskins pick for Stafford?? With Him you know what you are getting .. as far as injuries well look what happened to Burrow..Stafford has been fairly healthy in his career . It buys us time while the window is open for a push .. we can shore up other needs with the rest of the draft and free agency ..

Yeah at age 32 he’s still got 3-4 great years left. Hell Matt Ryan is 36 and still playing very well. I’d even take him for 2 years
Old 01-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #88
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bro this ain’t madden lol, the Lions are not just letting a top 15 QB walk like that. It’ll cost a 2nd and probably 4 at the very minimum. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a 1 tho
All of y’all are smoking crack, the cheap kind, if you think the Lions would let Stafford go for anything less than a 1st. You aren’t going to get. Top tier QB at 19, and that is our biggest need, so you damn right I’d happily gift wrap and send #19 to Detroit for 5 solid years of top tier QB play. Sign me up. I’ll be the GM.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #89
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame