Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #76
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL Week 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Are you out of your mind? You're talking about one of the best teams in NFL history, with a few HOF'ers and borderline HOF players.
That was the BEST team of all time.

If Robert had the #1-ranked defense in the league...paired with the offense we're capable of from last year, we'd dominate.

Has any team ever had the #1 offense AND defense at the same time? Maybe the '91 Skins?

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #77
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Put Griffin on Seattle and they r even better than they r today because of his great athleticism. Wilson never has to win a game for Seattle and when he did (vs Indy) late in the game he threw a INT. He's a good QB and I like him but he's not a guy that can carry a team , just wait until Lynch is gone and everyone will see.

Exactly, 100% correct.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
18/29, 62% completion rate, 235 yards, ran for 29 yards and lost 2 fumbles. The only positive part of his stat line was the 3 TD passes.

This season, 4 games with less than 210 yards passing, has been under 50% completion twice this season. He's also lost 5 of his 8 fumbles.

They're not winning because of him. His stats are mediocre. He's just along for the ride.

Their success is all Lynch and the defense...mainly the defense.

When Griffin irons out his accuracy issue, which has never been an issue for him before so everything points to it being temporary, he'll blow Wilson out of the water stat-wise and talent-wise.

Give Robert that defense and we'd rival the 1991 Redskins in dominance.

I like Wilson as a person off the field, classy kid when he's speaking honestly and not tossing out the tired football cliches in press conferences. However, he's really, REALLY over-hyped. ESPN has a lot to do with that. They can turn a mediocre QB like Tebow or average one like Wilson into a celebrity just by talking about him every 5 minutes. Colin Kaepernick is in the same spot, and ironically, his team wins the same way, running and defense. He's also just along for the ride.
Why is it that everytime Wilson is mentioned around here it's..."well RG3 can do what he does and do it better!".. it's so annoying.

I assume that most of you have high football IQ's and can watch a game w/out your RG3 glasses on...lol. What makes Wilson (and RG3) unique is that they can impact the game w/out having Aaron Rogers stats. Griff did this a ton last year where he only threw for 200 yards or so. Wilson does the same thing. He plays on a team with a better defense, but IMO we have better talent at TE and WR than they do. Wilson just makes plays and is playing better than RG3 this year. It doesn't mean he's better, right now he is...he threw some guys open last night. I haven't seen RG3 do that all year. It is what it is...hopefully RG3 will get more comfortable as the year goes on....we all want RG3 to be great, right now he's just an average NFL QB.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #79
Bucket
Playmaker

Wilson is not that good. My brother is a Seattle fan so I watch every game for them. He even admits a lot of Seattle's greatness is not from Wilson, but Lynch and the Defense. Not including that Seattle's stadium may be the toughest stadium to play in the history of the NFL.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #80
donofriose
The Starter

Wilson has better numbers than all the 2nd year quarterbacks (Luck might get more yards than him by the end of the week).
Wilson has more wins than all the 2nd year quarterbacks.
Wilson has shown exceptional poise when he has been in pressure situations.

So whether its numbers, wins, or even the "eye test" I do not understand how you can say Wilson hasn't been the best 2nd year quarterback this year.

Not saying he is going to be the best quarterback out of all the 2nd year QB's, but right now he is playing the best in my opinion.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #81
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
No, completing barely half of his passes and two turnovers wouldn't impress me by RGIII or anyone.

Griff's been throwing for 300 yards weekly this season despite his accuracy issues, so if he came out with a 123, 142 or even a 235-yard night, they'd all be letdowns.

Here's the difference between the two QBs: Griffin is the leader of this offense. Everything runs through him and depends on him. Wilson is more of, to use the overused term, a game manager.

Take a look at these game performances and tell be Wilson is the key to their offensive success:

@ 25 /33 320 yds 75.8%
CAR

vs 8 /19 142 yds 42.1%
SF

vs 14 /21 202 yds 66.7%
JAC

@ 12 /23 123 yds 52.2%
HOU

@ 15 /31 210 yds 48.4%

IND

vs 23 /31 257 yds 74.2%
TEN

@ 18 /29 235 yds 62.1%
ARI

He seems to be a Jay Cutler-like QB who will have a good game or a bad game, nothing in between. His team is carrying him. He's really only had 2 solid games passing the ball this year. When your QB can pass below 50% and for less than 150 yards almost every other game and you're still winning, you know you have a solid team around that QB.

His defense scores a lot and they usually play with the lead, so they can run the ball all game long. If he had to try to come back every week with his arm, I don't think he'd have as much success.
Griffins 300 yard games dont count for shit,most of it was garbage time.If you want to bring up stats how about the qbr rating of the two.Wilson is 10th in the league at 60.5-RG3 is 32 out 0f 36 at 30.9.But I dont want to make this about Griffin Vs Wilson.

I watched last nights game and I watched the Houston game,I am very impressed with this kid,guess we are not seeing the same things and seems we will never agree on this subject
Old 10-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #82
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why is it that everytime Wilson is mentioned around here it's..."well RG3 can do what he does and do it better!".. it's so annoying.

I assume that most of you have high football IQ's and can watch a game w/out your RG3 glasses on...lol. What makes Wilson (and RG3) unique is that they can impact the game w/out having Aaron Rogers stats. Griff did this a ton last year where he only threw for 200 yards or so. Wilson does the same thing. He plays on a team with a better defense, but IMO we have better talent at TE and WR than they do. Wilson just makes plays and is playing better than RG3 this year. It doesn't mean he's better, right now he is...he threw some guys open last night. I haven't seen RG3 do that all year. It is what it is...hopefully RG3 will get more comfortable as the year goes on....we all want RG3 to be great, right now he's just an average NFL QB.
Amen to that
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Total QBR rating is dumb that's Y the league still uses their version
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #84
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://twitter.com/VikingsNow/statu...71291526733824
Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #85
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Total QBR rating is dumb that's Y the league still uses their version
I do not agree,I think it more accurately reflects how a qb is performing.It takes into account things like if a completed pass was 50 yards,was it 40 yards in the air or 5 yards.
Explaining the statistics behind the Total Quarterback Rating - ESPN
Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #86
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I do not agree,I think it more accurately reflects how a qb is performing.It takes into account things like if a completed pass was 50 yards,was it 40 yards in the air or 5 yards.
Explaining the statistics behind the Total Quarterback Rating - ESPN
One of the problems with QBR is it is heavily weighed in the 4th quarter of a tight game. Get a big lead, or be losing by a couple of TD's, and the QBR will down grade you. Not all clutch QB's are losing by a small margin with 4 minutes left in the game. Thats why Andrew Lucks QBR is always very high. Because it doesnt weigh the early game mess ups that he tends to have. Thats not meant to be negative to Luck, hes going to be a great one. But a lot of why he has to lead his team back is because he put his team behind in the first place.

Struggle early, play good late, and the QBR loves you. A TD in the first can play as large of a role as a TD in the 4th in terms of whether you win the game. The QBR does not see it that way.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #87
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
No, completing barely half of his passes and two turnovers wouldn't impress me by RGIII or anyone.

Griff's been throwing for 300 yards weekly this season despite his accuracy issues, so if he came out with a 123, 142 or even a 235-yard night, they'd all be letdowns.

Here's the difference between the two QBs: Griffin is the leader of this offense. Everything runs through him and depends on him. Wilson is more of, to use the overused term, a game manager.

Take a look at these game performances and tell be Wilson is the key to their offensive success:

@ 25 /33 320 yds 75.8%
CAR

vs 8 /19 142 yds 42.1%
SF

vs 14 /21 202 yds 66.7%
JAC

@ 12 /23 123 yds 52.2%
HOU

@ 15 /31 210 yds 48.4%
IND

vs 23 /31 257 yds 74.2%
TEN

@ 18 /29 235 yds 62.1%
ARI

He seems to be a Jay Cutler-like QB who will have a good game or a bad game, nothing in between. His team is carrying him. He's really only had 2 solid games passing the ball this year. When your QB can pass below 50% and for less than 150 yards almost every other game and you're still winning, you know you have a solid team around that QB.

His defense scores a lot and they usually play with the lead, so they can run the ball all game long. If he had to try to come back every week with his arm, I don't think he'd have as much success.
See...this is a classic case of looking at everything with your RG3 glasses on....lol.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

People crushing r Wilson aren't watching. Where is that team with an avg vet qb?

He Gets Us
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #89
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
People crushing r Wilson aren't watching. Where is that team with an avg vet qb?
Yeah, he sucks so bad he only threw 3 TD passes against a pretty good Cards D with both starting tackles out of the game and are 6-1. Yeah, he's horrible.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #90
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

If Russell Wilson's our QB, people are talking about how overrated Griffin is.