Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 06-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #841
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That adds another point to waiting to see which to buy. It sucks if you get a One and the PS4 becomes the console to have. Best to see which is the most popular which generally means where most players are on-line and developers are making games for.

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #842
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

One thing that Sony is doing that I like is bundling the PS3 with GTA V. That should entice people who have thought about buying a PS3 but haven't for whatever reason. Sony understands that you have to support the PS3 through the transition to next gen, because that will still be a breadwinner for them until the PS4 gets settled in. It won't put up huge numbers for them, but it will definitely help. And we know GTA V will be a huge seller no matter what platform.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #843
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A comment below the article pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
Last night's E3 really was a rout. Sony realized what Microsoft simply refuses to: that online backlash cannot be ignored, and that consumers are simply not willing to have consumer-hostile terms dictated to them. Sony told its customers they were trusted and valuable, that it wasn't automatically assumed everyone's top priority was piracy. I expect it's an unhappy day at Microsoft offices today.
Arrogance and stupidity has been the downfall of many companies.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #844
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Also to add:

Microsoft who gives a fawk that my gaming console can change my TV station. that is why I have a fawking cable box; dipshits! Plus no cable company is going to eliminate their box because that is revenue for them; DUH!

Also all the things the say the One can do with your TV; guess what? I can already do it with my 360/Kinect and it sucks! If you have FiOS it will link up with your 360 and you can watch live TV and tell it by voice to change the channel. Big freaking deal.
Never know, they could turn out to be some pretty cool features.

The TV stuff doesn't really interest me either right now as don't really watch much TV in the man cave. But I wouldn't rule out putting an X1 in my living room eventually if it turns out to be the real deal.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #845
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Never know, they could turn out to be some pretty cool features.

The TV stuff doesn't really interest me either right now as don't really watch much TV in the man cave. But I wouldn't rule out putting an X1 in my living room eventually if it turns out to be the real deal.
Ok but why would you need that? Unless you like yelling at your TV to change the channel every time it is kind of lame. I personally don't see the benefit of incorporating the TV guide.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #846
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Ok but why would you need that? Unless you like yelling at your TV to change the channel every time it is kind of lame. I personally don't see the benefit of incorporating the TV guide.
I think it's going to be more than just voice commands. Plus the whole interface is supposed to be smarter and simplified. Some rumors say they could eventually add live TV and DVR service to compete with cable and satellite. They want it to be an all in one solution, it's not there yet but in a year or two it could be.

People scoffed at the idea of the iPad before it was released, now look at where tablets are. Just saying you never know. People are awfully quick in wanting to declare a winner or loser in all this. It's only just begun.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #847
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think it's going to be more than just voice commands. Plus the whole interface is supposed to be smarter and simplified. Some rumors say they could eventually add live TV and DVR service to compete with cable and satellite. They want it to be an all in one solution, it's not there yet but in a year or two it could be.

People scoffed at the idea of the iPad before it was released, now look at where tablets are. Just saying you never know. People are awfully quick in wanting to declare a winner or loser in all this. It's only just begun.
Ok fair enough.

But as a gamer would you not just want them to make a gaming console not some hybrid machine?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #848
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I use xbox for online gaming and most my friends do too. Its going to take more than 100 to steer me away from it (evidence being I pay for xbl).

I will consider it though
Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #849
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I use xbox for online gaming and most my friends do too. Its going to take more than 100 to steer me away from it (evidence being I pay for xbl).

I will consider it though
I agree Xbox Live is still the feather in their cap. PS has a long way to go in that department.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #850
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Ok fair enough.

But as a gamer would you not just want them to make a gaming console not some hybrid machine?
I'm leaning more toward the PS4 myself, like I said the TV stuff really doesn't do much for me right now because of where I have my consoles hooked up. But in the future who knows. I wouldn't rule it out down the line. Right now all I want is a gaming machine. I think a lot of people are in that same boat and the PS4 will have the early advantage. MS will be in catchup mode at the start no doubt.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #851
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm leaning more toward the PS4 myself, like I said the TV stuff really doesn't do much for me right now because of where I have my consoles hooked up. But in the future who knows. I wouldn't rule it out down the line. Right now all I want is a gaming machine. I think a lot of people are in that same boat and the PS4 will have the early advantage. MS will be in catchup mode at the start no doubt.
Just get the Wii U and be done with it!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #852
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Xbox One is up for pre-order on Amazon. Anyone taking the day one plunge?
I started a post on this last night that amounted to not likely and would be leaning towards the PS4 if I was to get a console early after release. However after seeing that Dead Rising 3 was going to be an exclusive as well as a launch title, well suffice to say that was a huge selling point for me.

So far the only promising PS4 exclusive I've come across is Infamous Second Son which doesn't come out until early 2014.

Surprised myself but I think I'm going to preorder the Xbox One pretty soon and get the PS4 early next year.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #853
MTK
\m/

Xbox One: Amazon US sells out of pre-orders, good luck buying one at launch - Pocket-lint

For all the bitching people sure snatched up those pre-orders.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #854
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Xbox One: Amazon US sells out of pre-orders, good luck buying one at launch - Pocket-lint

For all the bitching people sure snatched up those pre-orders.
I put myself on the list to be notified when more come available though it looks like Best Buy is still accepting pre orders. If I was to get it day one it would depend on Dead Rising 3 being available. I was actually surprised how much better Microsoft did then Sony with the exclusives though it seems similar to last generation as the 360 had a much better library early on then the PS3, though eventually the PS3 seemed to come out on top in terms of exclusives.

Regardless I'm starting to think I need to find a better paying job to get all the toys I have my eyes on (ie desktop gaming PC, Xbox One, PS4, and a new 1080p 50 inch flat screen, not to mention games).

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #855
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I think I'll wait for the first price drop