Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #811
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I was thinking about that too, gotta wonder if Pfizer sat on it for a week just to shit on Trump. I wouldn't rule it out.

Not gonna deny my liberal bias, if Fauci endorsed it as having gone through all the normal rigorous testing a product has to go through to make it to market I would trust him.
Pfizer saying that they did it on their own and NOT in partnership with the Administration

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #812
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think Trump deserves credit for his effort on fast tracking a vaccine but I really don't get piling on praise for it. I would hope any president would have done that in this situation.
What exactly is "fast tracking" and what did trump have to do with it?
Old 11-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #813
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at the continuing deceit by news orgs, they simply cannot be trusted to tell the people of this country the truth, but continue to form a false narrative.

How can anyone believe these folks? Their brand is permanently damaged...they are the primary reason the country is so divided. Not trump, not Biden...the media is too blame.
Is that what makes you happy, being able to blame someone or something . You cry media this or that. You never acknowledge the biggest proponent of fake news is the trump WH it's self, you follow along with the rest of the sheep who can't think for themselves.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #814
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think Trump deserves credit for his effort on fast tracking a vaccine but I really don't get piling on praise for it. I would hope any president would have done that in this situation.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...pfizer-vaccine

"And because virtually everything out of this administration’s collective mouth is a lie, and an entire cottage industry of fact-checking has necessarily cropped up around it, Pence’s statement was immediately debunked—by Pfizer itself. Speaking to the New York Times, Dr. Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at the company, said, “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” referring to the government’s effort to rapidly develop a vaccine. “We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.” As the Washington Post notes, back in July, the drugmaker agreed to partner with the government to distribute a vaccine, “leveraging what will be a massive, complicated effort run by the federal government to ensure that as many people as possible can be immunized.” But the actual developmental efforts had nothing to do with the Trump administration."
Old 11-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #815
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If you don't think the federal government offering money and competitors taking that $ to develop a vaccine lit a fire under Pfizers butt to be first. That is your prerogative. I've worked in plenty of industries to know otherwise.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #816
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's past the point of it mattering anymore, but Trump just can't be given credit for anything by a large % of posters in these political threads. It is what it is. It was what it was. A couple people have admitted as such. Time to move on.

Trump, Biden, aliens, I don't care who gets the credit, let's get this vaccine out and rolling to everyone (besides me lol, I'll wait).
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #817
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's past the point of it mattering anymore, but Trump just can't be given credit for anything by a large % of posters in these political threads. It is what it is. It was what it was. A couple people have admitted as such. Time to move on.

Trump, Biden, aliens, I don't care who gets the credit, let's get this vaccine out and rolling to everyone (besides me lol, I'll wait).
If he took the blame on some things now and then, maybe we'd be more likely to give him credit. This is the guy that said I take no responsibility.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:31 AM   #818
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
If you don't think the federal government offering money and competitors taking that $ to develop a vaccine lit a fire under Pfizers butt to be first. That is your prerogative. I've worked in plenty of industries to know otherwise.

This is so wrong.

100% of the world needs this vaccine, you think 4% of the population lit a fire?

The first to market will easily earn billions if not a trillion dollars and the creator will get a Nobel Peace prize and become the next Jonas Salk.

It's hilarious you think some brilliant chemist is sitting there saying

"Trump called, he says he can get us distribution at walmart and all the piggly wigglys, we better get this vaccine before anyone else"
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #819
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If he took the blame on some things now and then, maybe we'd be more likely to give him credit. This is the guy that said I take no responsibility.
That was my final comment on any of us Trump bashing or giving credit or making excuses for him. Not trying to get into an argument about it. That was my last $0.02 cents on that subject.

We all had our right to shit on him as much or as little as we see fit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #820
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This is so wrong.

100% of the world needs this vaccine, you think 4% of the population lit a fire?

The first to market will easily earn billions if not a trillion dollars and the creator will get a Nobel Peace prize and become the next Jonas Salk.

It's hilarious you think some brilliant chemist is sitting there saying

"Trump called, he says he can get us distribution at walmart and all the piggly wigglys, we better get this vaccine before anyone else"
I hear what your saying but hasn't the US said it is going to role with a US company and not use a European or Asian company for supply? I guess that could change on January 20. I am just saying a federal subsidy provides additional resources and will promote growth in that research. I highly doubt they were waiting for that subsidy as you suggest that I am suggesting.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #821
SunnySide
Playmaker

The number of workers claiming these federal benefits make up more than half of the total 21.5 million people receiving unemployment benefits as of October. However, these CARES Act programs expire at the end of December 2020.

The future of long-term unemployment benefits is uncertain

Members of Congress and the White House have been in bitter negotiation over another potential coronavirus stimulus package for months.

In May, the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives passed a $3 trillion proposal called the HEROES Act, which would extend federal jobless aid into 2021. The Republican-held Senate did not take up the bill and introduced its own HEALS Act in July with decreased jobless aid until the end of 2020.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/06/13-m...-december.html

A federal eviction moratorium issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is in effect from September 4, 2020 to December 31, 2020. The temporary moratorium on evictions extends vital protections to tens of millions of renters at risk of eviction for nonpayment of rent during the global pandemic.
https://nlihc.org/coronavirus-and-ho...ion-moratorium

1. Unemployment for 13 million Americans is set to expire Dec. 31, 2020.

2. Eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec 31, 2020.

I do not know the intricacies of State unemployment but I think they only offer up to 26 weeks of unemployment. Basically about 6 months or so and I imagine lots of people started enrolling in March and April.

-----------------------------------------------

Theres a bad moon on the rise.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #822
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...8jP?li=BBnb7Kz

If true looks like Moderna might be the big winner over Pfizer, gotta think the logistics of moving vaccines at -70c are much harder than moving and storing at -20c.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #823
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I found out what chico did this weekend!!!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/loudoun-...rump-supporter

WashingtonUPDATE (4:55 P.M.): Loudoun County sheriffs say they charged the man in this video after a citizen obtained a warrant through a local magistrate.

61-year-old Raymond Deskins of Sterling faces a misdemeanor simple assault charge after the recorded confrontation that's going viral on social media.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #824
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I found out what chico did this weekend!!!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/loudoun-...rump-supporter

WashingtonUPDATE (4:55 P.M.): Loudoun County sheriffs say they charged the man in this video after a citizen obtained a warrant through a local magistrate.

61-year-old Raymond Deskins of Sterling faces a misdemeanor simple assault charge after the recorded confrontation that's going viral on social media.

What a fuckin asshole. They are like children. Bad children.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #825
Giantone
Gamebreaker