2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-20-2022, 07:36 AM   #811
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's kinda par for the course for Danny and this franchise. All that shit about listening to fan opinion/etc, 40k suggestions - I'm sure Danny just saw Commanders and thought it was a freakin' brilliant name. #takecommand! wow!
Yeah brilliant rebranding process right... It's really amazing when you think about it. Billions dollars NFL franchise takes 2 years to rebrand itself into an AAF team...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2022, 08:47 AM   #812
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

This was all known a couple months ago. What is the point of rehashing it? I know it's slow going for football news, but are we just constantly looking for things to bitch and whine about?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:07 AM   #813
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This was all known a couple months ago. What is the point of rehashing it? I know it's slow going for football news, but are we just constantly looking for things to bitch and whine about?
Yeah, I actually hate rehashing this, but... the team's twitter account making this hashtag poll made it all resurface, not us... I had started to move on and accept the fact I was rooting for a team which name I don't love... But this organisation's incompetence at every freakin level keeps shining into our faces...
Like who the eff, after people said HTTRedwolves sounded forced, thought HTTC was a good idea ?! This is just pathetic. The name reveal was the lamest thing I had ever seen on TV. #TakeCommand is AAF bad. #HTTC is pathetic. Those pricks couldn't come out with one decent idea for a 5years old birthday party...

Plus, the level of disrespect to the fans... "Our 2022 emoji hashflag is up to you " ... For real ? They didn't give ONE SINGLE F what the fans thought about the name... But we can pick the "emoji hashflag" ?!!?
This is like trying to get the bride of a forced marriage onboard by telling her she can pick the name of the cocktails at the wedding party... I don't even know what an "emoji hashflag" is, but I know they can hashflag my ass. HTTCouille.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 04-20-2022 at 10:39 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:15 AM   #814
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah, I actually hate rehashing this, but... the team's twitter account making this hashtag poll made it all resurface, not us... I had started to move on and accept the fact I was rooting for a team which name I don't love... But this organisation's incompetence at every freakin level keeps shining into our faces...
Like who the eff, after people said HTTRedwolves sounded forced, thought HTTC was a good idea ?! This is just pathetic. The name reveal was the lamest thing I had ever seen on TV. #TakeCommand is AAF bad. #HTTC is pathetic. Those pricks couldn't come out with one decent idea for a 5years old birthday party...

Plus, the level of disrespect to the fans... "Our 2022 emoji hashflag is up to you " ... For real ? They didn't give ONE SINGLE F what the fans thought about the name... But we can pick the "emoji hashflag" ?!!?
This is like trying to get the bride of an forced marriage onboard by telling her she can pick if pick the name of the cocktails at the wedding party... I don't even now what an "emoji hashflag" is, but I know they can hashflag my ass. HTTCouille.
ok so what do you suggest they use for the #
Old 04-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #815
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't suggest anything. I didn't want this name. This was my least favorite option out of all. I don't have to come up with anything. They have to. And the minority of fans who supported this name can help. I actually begged those who supported this name to come up with good ideas to get those of us that didn't on board with it ... I'm still waiting.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #816
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I get what he's saying...for the biggest decision regarding the team and choosing your new name, you ACT like you want all this input from the fans when in reality you did not, so stop acting like you care what the fans think. Just give it to us straight up the A$$ like you've been doing...here's our new # dumb saying....you take it and you like it...because we have no idea what we're doing in the front office because we're led by 2 jackasses who don't live in the real world and are horrible people.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:37 AM   #817
MTK
\m/

This feels like it's never going to end. The team never said the fans will pick the new name. They asked for input from fans, not a final decision. Acting like they didn't listen just because they went with something YOU didn't like is ridiculous.

I don't love the name either, frankly none of the options out there really spoke to me. I would have preferred to stick with WFT given the other options. But at this point it's water under the bridge. Either get on board or don't. Nobody is responsible for convincing you either way.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:47 AM   #818
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
This feels like it's never going to end. The team never said the fans will pick the new name. They asked for input from fans, not a final decision. Acting like they didn't listen just because they went with something YOU didn't like is ridiculous.

I don't love the name either, frankly none of the options out there really spoke to me. I would have preferred to stick with WFT given the other options. But at this point it's water under the bridge. Either get on board or don't. Nobody is responsible for convincing you either way.
But this name had absolutely ZERO support before it became the most likely option and people forced themselves onboard ! They just didn't listen.
Now I'm willing to move forward with it, but if they keep coming up with shitty ideas like "pick the emoji hashflag" and "HTTC" and "TakeTheAAFHashtag", I reserve the right to bitch about how incompetent they are.

If a group of ten friends are picking where they go on vacation, 4 of them want to go to the Maldives Islands, 3 want to go to Lisboa, 2 to Chili... but the one guy that wanted to go to Estonia forces everybody to go there... Then he better come up with a freakin exciting program, otherwise the 9 others have the right to complain about the shitty weather and the questionnable food (with all due respect to Estonia's wonderful cuisine).
Old 04-20-2022, 10:50 AM   #819
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

Was Commanders even in the top 5? The name was definitely a fuck you to a majority of the fans. It's kind of a big deal since most of us will be rooting for this team the rest of our lives. Warrants lots of lamenting, especially when they dig the dirt back up with stupid emotions hastags.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:52 AM   #820
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

This is like trying to get the bride of a forced marriage onboard by telling her she can pick the name of the cocktails at the wedding party... I don't even know what an "emoji hashflag" is, but I know they can hashflag my ass. HTTCouille.
Quote:
I don't suggest anything. I didn't want this name. This was my least favorite option out of all. I don't have to come up with anything. They have to. And the minority of fans who supported this name can help. I actually begged those who supported this name to come up with good ideas to get those of us that didn't on board with it ... I'm still waiting.

These are my favorite 2 non-film breakdown posts of yours here, ever. Well done sir.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:17 AM   #821
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Was Commanders even in the top 5? The name was definitely a fuck you to a majority of the fans. It's kind of a big deal since most of us will be rooting for this team the rest of our lives. Warrants lots of lamenting, especially when they dig the dirt back up with stupid emotions hastags.
Top 5 of what? Some BS Twitter list that was going around? Obviously since it's the name they picked it was high in the running.

Some of you guys sound like little kids who got their lollipops taken away.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #822
MTK
\m/

Quote:
But this name had absolutely ZERO support before it became the most likely option and people forced themselves onboard ! They just didn't listen.
Now I'm willing to move forward with it, but if they keep coming up with shitty ideas like "pick the emoji hashflag" and "HTTC" and "TakeTheAAFHashtag", I reserve the right to bitch about how incompetent they are.

If a group of ten friends are picking where they go on vacation, 4 of them want to go to the Maldives Islands, 3 want to go to Lisboa, 2 to Chili... but the one guy that wanted to go to Estonia forces everybody to go there... Then he better come up with a freakin exciting program, otherwise the 9 others have the right to complain about the shitty weather and the questionnable food (with all due respect to Estonia's wonderful cuisine).
LOL nobody is forcing a vacation on you or a name. You have the right to step away from both situations. In fact, the honorable thing to do is step away vs going along begrudgingly and complaining if things aren't exactly the way you want it every step of the way going forward.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #823
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Top 5 of what? Some BS Twitter list that was going around? Obviously since it's the name they picked it was high in the running.

Some of you guys sound like little kids who got their lollipops taken away.
Don't touch my lollipop 🍭

Old 04-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #824
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
LOL nobody is forcing a vacation on you or a name. You have the right to step away from both situations. In fact, the honorable thing to do is step away vs going along begrudgingly and complaining if things aren't exactly the way you want it every step of the way going forward.
I may be wrong but I feel like "going along begrudgingly and complaining if things aren't exactly the way you want" is not a fair accusation. I haven't posted about the name change in weeks, and before that I only did in the dedicated thread. I've been posting about many offseason and free agency related things, and been quite enthusiastic about the Wentz trade...
This hashtag thing surfaced in this thread and I voiced my opinion about it. If you think they did a great job with "HTTC" and "TakeCommand", great, but I don't see how criticizing this, or any aspect of the rebranding process, is un-sufferable to the point where it's "like it or be gone"...
Old 04-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #825
MTK
\m/

Personally I could really care less about a hash tag. The fact that so many fans are so easily triggered over such nonsense is amazing, and frankly it's tiring. Don't like the options? Fine, so what's your suggestion? If you can't offer up something, it just sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.