Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #811
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

The interactive fantasy football aspects seem pretty legit.

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #812
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Probably going to happen

I agree that it'll most likely happen. Most consumers don't keep up with their product until it comes available. Even Sim City 5 had very good sales, but the backlash after those sales are what got that CEO fired, and a reason Amazon stopped selling it at the time. If they would keep up with it, you'd have MS singing a different tune about Xbox One.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #813
MTK
\m/

I'll wait and see how the games look. I'm not a fanboy of either system. I was perfectly happy with my PS2 just like I am now with my 360. I'm also thinking a lot of these new features people are dismissing now could end up being pretty cool once you see them in action.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #814
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

lol that gif amuses me and horrifies me at the same time.

I think the always online thing for Xbox One is BS. I didn't have wifi for the longest time, simply because I didn't really need it. (Granted, my whole home life changed once I got it) So now, Microsoft is basically forcing people to buy a wireless router.

Not to mention, some of your computers are more than likely more (or comparably as) powerful than the Xbox's specs.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #815
MTK
\m/

Finally got my hands on Bioshock Infinite, just to state the obvious it's a brilliant game.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #816
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Old 06-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #817
MTK
\m/

Why Xbox One's used games policy doesn't need to be the end of gaming as we know it | E3 - CNET Reviews

nice to read a rational view on this subject for a change
Old 06-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #818
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #819
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Best news of the day by far.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #820
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Last of Us comes out this Friday. While main stream reviewers get it wrong on occasion it's still ridiculously hard to post a 96 out of 100 (67 reviews) on Metacritic.

This is a game I've been looking forward to for a while so it'll be interesting to see if it can live up to the hype.

Quote:
This is the biggest wait and see for me.
Quote:
Flexible pricing is what has made Steam a PC gaming haven. I recently bought every single Grand Theft Auto game ever made on Steam for under $15 -- total. That's spectacular. Sales and deals can revive catalog titles, and make them attractive to a new group of consumers. And publishers can get revenue they'd otherwise miss out on: 100,000 consumers paying $10 for an older game beats out 10,000 paying $60.
I think I've said it before that I love getting games digitally. For example recently with the Last of Us I canceled my preorder on Amazon when I found out I could download it from the PSN Store on launch day. I also said that I would have gladly payed $60 for a digital copy of Halo 4 instead of the $40 I got it at in disc form.

With PC the adaption to digital gaming has been made easy with larger hard drives and cheap prices on Steam and Amazon. With the Xbox store and the PS Store the price up to this point rarely seems to go below the standard $60 price point. Plus most people aren't willing to upgrade their hard drives even though affordable and easy options exist for both consoles.

I think games have been heading towards digital copies anyway. The thing that companies need to do is be more flexible with their pricing. Having games like Madden sell for $60 digitally a month before the next one comes out is obviously not going to fly. Even now while typing this Madden 13 is selling for $40 retail and $60 digitally. Stubborn gamers like me might drop the extra $20 on games they really like but for the majority of gamers as well as people like me who are on the fence about any particular title it's probably not going to work.

Regardless if Microsoft and Sony remain committed to addressing the concerns gamers have over pricing and ease of access the transition will go seamlessly and everyone will win, except for maybe Gamestop. However if they put up road blocks and make games harder to play as well as more expensive then things will get ugly in a hurry.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 06-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #821
MTK
\m/

Xbox One is up for pre-order on Amazon. Anyone taking the day one plunge?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #822
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Last of Us comes out this Friday. While main stream reviewers get it wrong on occasion it's still ridiculously hard to post a 96 out of 100 (67 reviews) on Metacritic.

This is a game I've been looking forward to for a while so it'll be interesting to see if it can live up to the hype.

This is the biggest wait and see for me.

I think I've said it before that I love getting games digitally. For example recently with the Last of Us I canceled my preorder on Amazon when I found out I could download it from the PSN Store on launch day. I also said that I would have gladly payed $60 for a digital copy of Halo 4 instead of the $40 I got it at in disc form.

With PC the adaption to digital gaming has been made easy with larger hard drives and cheap prices on Steam and Amazon. With the Xbox store and the PS Store the price up to this point rarely seems to go below the standard $60 price point. Plus most people aren't willing to upgrade their hard drives even though affordable and easy options exist for both consoles.

I think games have been heading towards digital copies anyway. The thing that companies need to do is be more flexible with their pricing. Having games like Madden sell for $60 digitally a month before the next one comes out is obviously not going to fly. Even now while typing this Madden 13 is selling for $40 retail and $60 digitally. Stubborn gamers like me might drop the extra $20 on games they really like but for the majority of gamers as well as people like me who are on the fence about any particular title it's probably not going to work.

Regardless if Microsoft and Sony remain committed to addressing the concerns gamers have over pricing and ease of access the transition will go seamlessly and everyone will win, except for maybe Gamestop. However if they put up road blocks and make games harder to play as well as more expensive then things will get ugly in a hurry.
It's certainly worth taking a wait and see approach. The consoles could either knock it out of the park if they follow in Steam's footsteps or they could really hurt themselves if they are greedy and stubborn in the transition to digital delivery. I think they'll end up somewhere in the middle.

In the end I don't think anyone can blame them for making this move. All media has been moving this way for years.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #823
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

E3 was today.

Seems like most people were still meh about the Xbox One. Sony is currently on stage right now.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #824
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Xbox One is up for pre-order on Amazon. Anyone taking the day one plunge?
What is the price points on these new consoles?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #825
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
What is the price points on these new consoles?
$499 for the Xbox

There was a rumor that PS4 could start at $399 (I'm assuming different memory levels) but that hasn't been confirmed yet.