Debating with the enemy

Old 06-10-2022, 11:02 AM   #796
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
You're not.
Fox New didn't show the hearing and actually went commercial free during to prevent viewers from actually tuning in.

Fox new is complicit with this shit show.

If Fox isn't feeing them talking points, they have nothing to say.

I tuned in just to see if Tucker could hold a straight face. He had some conspiracy nut talking about how it was antifa. They are 100 percent complicit and so is every dip shit trumptard. They need to all be turned to salt.
Cue someone telling me im a bad person for calling trump supporters dipshits. As if it is any different at this point than calling kkk members dipshits.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #797
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Welp that was your last chance to prove you are not a total Trumptard. You failed.
Inflation is world wide buddy but keep pinning it on Biden as if things would be different with your messiah in office. Pent up consumer demand after the pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Jesus u people will go down in history as a joke. Just a joke. Nothing more. Nothing less.
“Keep pinning on Biden”…lololololol…

Biden economy policies with Democratic legislation have lead directly to this country inflationary environment. Such as Biden energy policies have lead to greater gas prices and the much higher cost this past winter to heat homes. Inflation signs started last March, way before any wars…remember it’s transitory? Much like the gas prices rose way before Ukraine.

Another reminder folks, Democrats have both houses congress and the Whitehouse. Also Bernie Sanders is budget committee chairman.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:27 AM   #798
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Did someone say something? I thought i heard someone trying to post something? Probably just someone regurgitating fox news nonsense as fact. Some blanket statement that can easily be picked apart but to no avail because they will just keep moving the goal post until they maga.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #799
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Chicken Wings are ridiculously expensive. Need to get a 2nd job if I want to have wings.

This is a crisis, have a hearing on getting down chicken prices.

Edit - This isn't random. I was looking at having lunch delivered before posting this, and I wanted wings. But paying rent in July sounds appealing too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #800
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Chicken Wings are ridiculously expensive. Need to get a 2nd job if I want to have wings.

This is a crisis, have a hearing on getting down chicken prices.

Lol. As a vegan (I apologize) this is one price increase i love.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #801
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The CPI report this morning had no silver lining…it was devastating. The fed will have to be more aggressive.

Year to year:

Groceries +11.9% y/y -->Biggest inc. since 1979
Chicken +17.4% ->Largest ever
Restaurants +9% -> Largest ever
Fuel oil +107% ->Largest ever
Electricity +12% ->Largest since '06
Rent +5.2% ->Largest since 1987
Airfare +37.8% ->Largest since 1980
Services +5.7% ->Largest since 1990

The high rent in big pockets around the country is a major problem not being talked about enough.

He Gets Us
Old 06-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #802
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2097960.html

Unbelievable that anyone could support this psycho. Just unbelievable. Guess this is where the fake news thing comes in handy?

You might be in a cult if you support a guy who is willing to kill others to get what they want….
Old 06-10-2022, 03:17 PM   #803
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I tuned in just to see if Tucker could hold a straight face. He had some conspiracy nut talking about how it was antifa. They are 100 percent complicit and so is every dip shit trumptard. They need to all be turned to salt.
Cue someone telling me im a bad person for calling trump supporters dipshits. As if it is any different at this point than calling kkk members dipshits.
No they are dipshits, but what makes you a bad person is saying they all need to be turned to salt. I read that as saying they all need to be killed.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 03:27 PM   #804
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
No they are dipshits, but what makes you a bad person is saying they all need to be turned to salt. I read that as saying they all need to be killed.

90 percent of them are racist, paranoid, angry, unhinged assholes. The other ten are just too stupid to realize if you support a racist you are one. Ill give them a pass. I would have no problem with God turning the 90 percent to salt. The only good racist is a dead racist. Nobody is saying Republicans, or conservatives, or people who disagree with me should die. I am talking strictly about the modern day kkk trumptards. They are the single biggest threat to our democracy and our safety and it isn’t even close.
Tucker Carlson is 100 percent responsible for helping to spread the big lie. The big lie which led to the cops being killed. His life isn’t worth the shit im taking as i write this.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:13 PM   #805
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol…punch is back in full punch mode. Death to political enemies!

He Gets Us
Old 06-10-2022, 04:22 PM   #806
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol…punch is back in full punch mode. Death to political enemies!

Classic. The guy who supports the mob that literally wanted to kill their political enemies is doing his best “i know you are but what am I.”
On the day after we find out that Trump said maybe they are right about hanging Pence, our resident Trumper is accusing me of being all Death to political enemies! You cant make this shit up.

I said God should turn racists into salt.

Fascinating too that you refer to racists as my political enemies. I thought i was pretty clear that Republicans and Conservatives have nothing to do with this? Racist Trumptards are not my political enemies they are my spiritual enemies. Big difference.

Last edited by punch it in; 06-10-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:07 PM   #807
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“Keep pinning on Biden”…lololololol…

Biden economy policies with Democratic legislation have lead directly to this country inflationary environment. Such as Biden energy policies have lead to greater gas prices and the much higher cost this past winter to heat homes. Inflation signs started last March, way before any wars…remember it’s transitory? Much like the gas prices rose way before Ukraine.

Another reminder folks, Democrats have both houses congress and the Whitehouse. Also Bernie Sanders is budget committee chairman.
chico you're an idiot.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/4-reason...090000545.html

1. A pandemic-induced supply and demand mismatch
One of the key culprits in the rise in U.S. gas prices over the past few years is the now familiar pandemic-driven mismatch of supply and demand.

At the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, demand for oil and gas plummeted as millions around the world lost their jobs and were unable to travel.

Diminished demand caused oil companies to curtail their production, but then, when vaccines allowed the economy to reopen, demand rebounded faster than expected, albeit not all the way to pre-panemic levels.

Suppliers weren’t ready for the new normal, which created a supply-demand mismatch leading gasoline prices to rise.

“A lot of the imbalances in the market were started because of the abrupt shift in consumer behavior during the pandemic,” De Haan said. “In 2021, oil companies started to increase production again, but given a lot of the supply-chain kinks that developed and the fact that they had laid off thousands of workers, they weren’t in a position to instantly turn that capacity back on.”

From January to May of 2021, gas prices soared 70 cents to top $3 per gallon nationwide, and that was all before the global energy market was hit with another unexpected hardship—Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

2. The war in Ukraine and a European energy crisis
In 2021, Russia was the world’s third-largest oil producer and the second-largest producer of natural gas, according to the International Energy Agency.

Even though the U.S. imported only a tiny fraction of its energy needs from Russia last year, the interconnected nature of the global energy market led U.S. gas prices to surge after the Ukraine war began and Russian supplies were affected—and sanctions only made things worse.

At first, the U.S. and EU were reluctant to ban Russian energy imports, but on March 8, President Biden signed an executive order banning the import of Russian oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal. And on May 30, EU officials said they would cut 90% of Russian oil imports by the end of the year.

For the U.S., cutting off Russian energy wasn’t a major issue, but the EU’s aggressive pursuit of a green energy strategy that involves a transition away from coal, nuclear, and natural gas by 2050 has made it increasingly reliant on Russian natural gas.

This lack of alternatives to Russia led Europe into an energy crisis like never before after the war, and the effects were global.

Jay Hatfield, chief investment officer of Infrastructure Capital Management, told Fortune that the high cost of natural gas in particular caused many power plants in Europe to switch fuels. This meant that U.S. oil producers could get better margins by shipping their products to Europe instead of selling them domestically.

As a result, nearly three-fourths of all the U.S.’s liquefied natural gas was sent to Europe in the first four months of 2022, driving U.S. gas prices higher. So while Biden is blamed by many for the current sky-high prices at the pump, Europe’s energy crisis may be the key factor driving price increases.

“Biden didn’t help the problem, but he didn’t create it either,” Hatfield said. “I think the primary blame lies with the Europeans because they were way ahead of us in pursuing what I think is a failed strategy, which is to think that you’re going to immediately and rapidly transition to wind and solar. That’s just not physically possible.”

Hatfield argued that if Biden had followed a similar policy of rapidly phasing out natural gas and other energy alternatives, gas prices would be far worse.

3. Challenges increasing production
Another factor affecting gas prices over the past year has been challenges in increasing production.

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm told CNN last week that she had expected oil and gas companies to increase their output more than they have amid record prices.

“We want them to increase production so that people are not hurting,” she said. “It is extremely frustrating to see that there’s not a full-on return to production at the moment of crisis.”

But economists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas argued in May that production increases won’t solve the problem of high gasoline prices in the near term.

“Even under the most optimistic view, U.S. production increases would likely add only a few hundred thousand barrels per day above current forecasts,” they wrote. “This amounts to a proverbial drop in the bucket in the 100-million-barrel-per-day global oil market.”

Oil and gas companies are also reluctant to make longer-term investments to increase production amid an ongoing clean energy transition, and a lack of infrastructure is becoming a problem in the industry, experts say.

4. Price gouging?
Biden has also blamed “price gouging” for some of the recent increase in gas prices, arguing that oil and gas companies shouldn’t “pad their profits” at the expense of Americans in a March tweet.

The president pointed to record profit margins from oil and gas companies that are driving gas price increases, and he may have a point.

Refining margins represent around $1 of the current run-up in gasoline prices, according to Hatfield. The problem is that oil companies, unlike retailers, don’t get to set the price for their product.

“Oil companies are price takers, they’re not price setters,” De Haan said. “They don’t get to decide prices, they sell at the prevailing market price, which is born out of supply and demand.”

De Haan made the comparison to the housing market, asking the question: “Am I price gouging if I sell my house at the prevailing market price?”

Still, oil companies could use their excess profits to expand their production, and they aren’t. Instead Exxon, Chevron, BP, and Shell spent more than $44 billion on stock buybacks and dividends in 2021.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:41 PM   #808
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
90 percent of them are racist, paranoid, angry, unhinged assholes. The other ten are just too stupid to realize if you support a racist you are one. Ill give them a pass. I would have no problem with God turning the 90 percent to salt. The only good racist is a dead racist. Nobody is saying Republicans, or conservatives, or people who disagree with me should die. I am talking strictly about the modern day kkk trumptards. They are the single biggest threat to our democracy and our safety and it isn’t even close.
Tucker Carlson is 100 percent responsible for helping to spread the big lie. The big lie which led to the cops being killed. His life isn’t worth the shit im taking as i write this.
Disregard I thought you were adding your thoughts to someone elses post. That said I stand by my assessment on the bad person bit.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:45 PM   #809
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Disregard I thought you were adding your thoughts to someone elses post. That said I stand by my assessment on the bad person bit.

I can live with being a bad person because I think the only good racists are dead ones.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:17 PM   #810
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I can live with being a bad person because I think the only good racists are dead ones.
OK I had this interesting exchange with someone (a White woman) from your side of the political spectrum

She was responding to a black man on twitter who thinks there should be more non-woke coaches like Del Rio in the NFL.

Her reply to his post

"Ok Uncle Tom- now run along to your msster - house slave! Must be nice to be you’re in bed with them - (picture of Charlotte racist march).

My reply to her post
You do know this is a pretty damned racist comment you just made. Right?

Her
"Not one bit- Definition of Uncle Tom
a Black person who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)! Exactly who this scum bag is!"

Mine
From a Washington post article "...a term of derision applied almost exclusively to black people, which puts it in the same league as another word...."

My question to you Punch is do you really want her dead?

Last edited by nonniey; 06-10-2022 at 10:46 PM.