Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #796
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Coronavirus (political)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pf...HMB?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
Operation Warp Speed, the federal effort to rush a vaccine to market, has promised Pfizer $1.95 billion to deliver 100 million doses to the federal government, which will be given to Americans free of charge. But Dr. Jansen sought to distance the company from Operation Warp Speed and presidential politics, noting that the company — unlike the other vaccine front-runners — did not take any federal money to help pay for research and development.

“We were never part of the Warp Speed,” she said. “We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #797
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Major vaccine announcement less than 1 week after election day. Lol. How convenient.

Still good news nonetheless. You guys all go 1st though. I'll volunteer myself to get the vaccine absolutely last.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #798
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

If the final vaccine ends up with that level of efficacy, it “would be higher than your regular flu vaccine, and this vaccine could have a serious impact on bending the curve of this outbreak,” said Dr. Saad B. Omer, the director of the Yale Institute for Global Health.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #799
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Major vaccine announcement less than 1 week after election day. Lol. How convenient.

Still good news nonetheless. You guys all go 1st though. I'll volunteer myself to get the vaccine absolutely last.
I was thinking about that too, gotta wonder if Pfizer sat on it for a week just to shit on Trump. I wouldn't rule it out.

Not gonna deny my liberal bias, if Fauci endorsed it as having gone through all the normal rigorous testing a product has to go through to make it to market I would trust him.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #800
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I was thinking about that too, gotta wonder if Pfizer sat on it for a week just to shit on Trump. I wouldn't rule it out.

Not gonna deny my liberal bias, if Fauci endorsed it as having gone through all the normal rigorous testing a product has to go through to make it to market I would trust him.
It's not so much about not trusting them. Its moreso that it will still be brand new and there will always be questions about brand new products and unknowns. No way to guarantee there won't be issues that didn't come out during the trials/etc.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #801
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's not so much about not trusting them. Its moreso that it will still be brand new and there will always be questions about brand new products and unknowns. No way to guarantee there won't be issues that didn't come out during the trials/etc.
Hopefully we will have a better picture in a few months when a full trial gets peer reviewed but even then there will be unknowns.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #802
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please elaborate on how Trump deserves the biggest share of credit for Pfizer nearing a breakthrough.
Yeah he deserves a lot of credit mooby. Stop trying, it pathetic at this point.

Here’s the rest of the wa post article...they did come into as this is part of project warp speed. So yes

Then, in late July, that agreement with Pfizer, described by the company as an agreement to “begin delivering 300 million doses of a vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021.”

And then

On Sept. 24 NBC News reported public-private partnership between Pfizer & Trump admin: "Pfizer... secured a $1.95 billion purchase agreement with [HHS] for the first 100 million doses produced."

“The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with U.S.-based Pfizer Inc. for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval,” the HHS news release read. Distribution, not development.

Your article is pure liberal hack journalism, the facts yes Pfizer’s was apart of warp speed...the policy to develop and distribute the vaccines to a nation.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-09-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #803
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Here’s the rest of the wa post article...they did come into as this is part of project warp speed. So yes

Then, in late July, that agreement with Pfizer, described by the company as an agreement to “begin delivering 300 million doses of a vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021.”

And then

On Sept. 24 NBC News reported public-private partnership between Pfizer & Trump admin: "Pfizer... secured a $1.95 billion purchase agreement with [HHS] for the first 100 million doses produced."

“The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with U.S.-based Pfizer Inc. for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval,” the HHS news release read. Distribution, not development.

Your article is pure liberal hack journalism, the facts yes Pfizer’s was apart of warp speed...the policy to develop and distribute the vaccines to a nation.
chico let it go man, you lost ,get over it trump doesn't deserve recognition for the vaccines he didn't do anything for it. You forget trump wanted you to take a shot of Lysol!
Old 11-09-2020, 05:24 PM   #804
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Speaking of Lysol, I still haven't seen a can of it since February. I think people must be shooting it up. Or spraying down the whole house every day.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #805
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

And then

Hard to understand what you're saying with Trump's dick in your mouth 24/7. Guess the ship isn't the only thing going down lately.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #806
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hard to understand what you're saying with Trump's dick in your mouth 24/7. Guess the ship isn't the only thing going down lately.
Dumb bitch walked back her comments admitting they were part of operation warp speed...also NYT and Wa Post chose to take her out of context. Why the media is the enemy of the people.

Pfizer later walked back Jansen’s comment, claiming that the Times took her comments out of context and that the pharmaceutical company participated in Operation Warp Speed. Pfizer had put out a press release back in July announcing as much.

“Pfizer is proud to be one of various vaccine manufacturers participating in Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential COVID-19 vaccine. While Pfizer did reach an advanced purchase agreement with the U.S. government, the company did not accept BARDA funding for the research and development process,” the company said in a statement. “All the investment for R&D and manufacturing has been made by Pfizer at risk. Dr. Jansen’s comment, which was taken out of context, was just emphasizing that last point.”

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #807
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'll concede on Pfizer, I really don't care who gets credit as long as the vaccine is safe and effective for public use.

Trump still lost though, and he can sue all he wants but we both know he's done on January 20th.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #808
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll concede on Pfizer, I really don't care who gets credit as long as the vaccine is safe and effective for public use.

Trump still lost though, and he can sue all he wants but we both know he's done on January 20th.
I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at the continuing deceit by news orgs, they simply cannot be trusted to tell the people of this country the truth, but continue to form a false narrative.

How can anyone believe these folks? Their brand is permanently damaged...they are the primary reason the country is so divided. Not trump, not Biden...the media is too blame.

He Gets Us
Old 11-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #809
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I think Trump deserves credit for his effort on fast tracking a vaccine but I really don't get piling on praise for it. I would hope any president would have done that in this situation.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #810
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think Trump deserves credit for his effort on fast tracking a vaccine but I really don't get piling on praise for it. I would hope any president would have done that in this situation.
Yeah it was a no brainer decision to approve fast tracking and we're supposed to praise him for it? Please.

I'll give him credit and soon as he takes blame for this admin being a pure shit show when it comes to how they've handled it. With all the info and knowledge they had they couldn't even keep the virus out of the White House FFS.