The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-26-2022, 04:54 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Actually the article makes the case that the strongest determination in abortions is marriage status. The link I posted in response to G1 also shows that, with something like 85% of abortions are given to unwed pregnancies, and 15% to women who are married. Tie that with the destruction of the black family due to the insane war on drugs, and marijuana in particular, and you see where this country (both parties) have decimated black lives. It's a sad state that this fact gets overridden by the politics of liberals and conservatives vying to pump up their base.

Focusing on the sanctity of life, and the value of strong families, used to be a big part of what made the US a strong nation. Now we get parasitic politicians on both sides of the aisle who focus on single issue politics to whip core constituencies into frenzies. It has gone to a whole new level since Trump took office, and yes Trump is to blame for the blatant spewing of anti-civil discourse rhetoric, and I see the left to blame as well for constantly turning things into "THE GREATEST THREAT EVER" every chance they get.

The Supreme Court ruling opens the door for banning abortion, that is true. It also opens the door to states listening to their local electorate and legalizing abortion. The 10th amendment works when people let it. Most laws should not be federalized or back-doored into law by claiming actions not found in the Constitution as Constitutional Rights. And for G1, there is a method to make abortion a constitutional right, amend the constitution. We have done it to correct the biases and errors of the white male land owners that put it together before, and we have done it to correct the errors of amendments (ie Prohibition then no prohibition). If Abortion is to be a right preserved by the Constitution, amend it.

ps. I don't subscribe to WSJ either. Their paywall is weird, sometimes I can read articles, other times it is blocked.
You still don't address the lying by the SCJ's? Again you try to justify they say one thing and do another with your defense of abortion as oppose to stopping kids murdered in their classrooms.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You still don't address the lying by the SCJ's? Again you try to justify they say one thing and do another with your defense of abortion as oppose to stopping kids murdered in their classrooms.
Any politician who thought these justices were going to forever uphold Roe were smoking something, or just looking for political cover. I don't spend a whole lotta time worrying about that, any more than a liberal justice evading a conservative's question. The Senate members that confirmed each justice had years and years of case history to know where a candidate stood. That is how we all knew this day was coming when the justices were appointed.

I don't oppose stopping kids murdered in classrooms, on the contrary I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the rates. We should and can do both.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Any politician who thought these justices were going to forever uphold Roe were smoking something, or just looking for political cover. I don't spend a whole lotta time worrying about that, any more than a liberal justice evading a conservative's question. The Senate members that confirmed each justice had years and years of case history to know where a candidate stood. That is how we all knew this day was coming when the justices were appointed.

I don't oppose stopping kids murdered in classrooms, on the contrary I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the rates. We should and can do both.
These people are Supreme Court Justice's of the United States of America their word should be gold , it's not but that doesn't seem to bother you.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:20 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

Cool that we're now ok with nominees lying through the hearings process just to get their seat. We know politicians do this, but I thought maybe we had higher standards for the highest court of the land. Silly me.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:26 AM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Cool that we're now ok with nominees lying through the hearings process just to get their seat. We know politicians do this, but I thought maybe we had higher standards for the highest court of the land. Silly me.

Such a stroke of misfortune that a psycho like Trump was there to appoint 3 judges.
He made it ok to lie, actually he made it cool.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:02 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: “We will make sure that when a kid is in the womb, they're as safe as they are in a classroom."

Ummmm
Old 06-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #7
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: “We will make sure that when a kid is in the womb, they're as safe as they are in a classroom."

Ummmm

Did she really say this? How out of touch with reality can the right get? My God.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:26 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Prayer Wins

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:34 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Don't know how he survived such a brutal attack

Rudy Giuliani claimed a grocery-store employee's attack on him felt like a gunshot. CCTV footage shows he was slapped on the back.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rudy clearly isn’t there anymore much like our President. I mean New York has a lot bigger problems with out of control crime than this slap on this back. He needs to let this go.

This still isn’t as big a lie as another New Yorker who claimed she almost died during Jan 6 when it came out she was never at the Capitol building.

He Gets Us
Old 06-27-2022, 11:15 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Rudy clearly isn’t there anymore much like our President. I mean New York has a lot bigger problems with out of control crime than this slap on this back. He needs to let this go.

This still isn’t as big a lie as another New Yorker who claimed she almost died during Jan 6 when it came out she was never at the Capitol building.
Good try

CLAIM: U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from New York, falsely claimed she faced rioters in the main Capitol building during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Ocasio-Cortez never claimed she was in the main Capitol building, nor did she claim she was face-to-face with a mob of violent rioters. In an Instagram Live video about the riots, she explained that she was in her office in a neighboring building on the Capitol complex, where she experienced a frightening encounter with a Capitol police officer who she said didn’t announce himself.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-chec...ent:9951968706
Old 06-27-2022, 11:40 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Good try

CLAIM: U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from New York, falsely claimed she faced rioters in the main Capitol building during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Ocasio-Cortez never claimed she was in the main Capitol building, nor did she claim she was face-to-face with a mob of violent rioters. In an Instagram Live video about the riots, she explained that she was in her office in a neighboring building on the Capitol complex, where she experienced a frightening encounter with a Capitol police officer who she said didn’t announce himself.

Lol…ok

Her words:

she described. "And I do not know if I can even disclose the full details of that event, due to security concerns. But I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die."

She was never in harms way…she says “can’t disclose full details” because then everyone would know it’s a complete lie or exaggeration at best. No rioters were ever in her building.

He Gets Us
Old 06-27-2022, 11:57 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Good try

Uh oh a woman with a name that sounds alien. Chico gonna lose it. Lol. Those Trumptards hate women - especially ones in positions of power. Throw in a last name that isn’t Johnson or Thomas and they completely lose their shit.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Which was worse Rudy slap or Pelosi elbowing a child over the weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWr9NHdSug

He Gets Us
Old 06-27-2022, 11:59 AM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Which was worse Rudy slap or Pelosi elbowing a child over the weekend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWr9NHdSug
chico , you need a effing life man.