Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #781
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

I watched couples retreat last night and it was pretty good. The location is what makes the movie(Bora Bora)

Advertisements
Old 02-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #782
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Watched night at the museum 2 and barely made it through. Ben stiller just isn't funny anymore. I'll be watching planet hulk tomorrow with fingers crossed that it's cool.
As far as the oscar's go, from the movies nominated that I've personally see I would really like the long shot Up get the nod but it will probably go to the Hurt Locker which was really good as well. I've heard really good things about Up in the Air so I'll have to check that out soon too, but I still need to see book of eli soon as well as the wolfman and shutter island over the next couple weeks.
And for anyone who's seen it, is Zombieland worth a rental or straight up purchase for someone who loved shaun of the dead?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #783
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Watched night at the museum 2 and barely made it through. Ben stiller just isn't funny anymore. I'll be watching planet hulk tomorrow with fingers crossed that it's cool.
As far as the oscar's go, from the movies nominated that I've personally see I would really like the long shot Up get the nod but it will probably go to the Hurt Locker which was really good as well. I've heard really good things about Up in the Air so I'll have to check that out soon too, but I still need to see book of eli soon as well as the wolfman and shutter island over the next couple weeks.
And for anyone who's seen it, is Zombieland worth a rental or straight up purchase for someone who loved shaun of the dead?
Definitely worth a rental, I don't think you'd be disappointed with buying it either. I wasn't even much a fan of shaun of the dead but I loved Zombieland. I thought it was the perfect mix of character between Woody Harrelson and that Jesse whatshisname guy. I plan on stopping at the store and buying it either tomorrow or thursday. You could rent it on Redbox and then buy it if you wanna watch it whenever. If I plan on buying a dvd though I recommend buying it during the first week it's out, when most stores like Target and Best Buy have them on sale for like 15.99, vs. the next year once the week is over when the price will go up to 19.99.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #784
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Zombieland was cool, but not as good as Shaun... rent it first and if ya like it enough, buy it.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #785
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Watched to 2 Docs over the past 2 days.

Food,Inc. - very good movie on the big business of food

and

Second Skin- about video game nuts who play WoW all day long, great stuff if you like video games
Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #786
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Food Inc was pretty decent yep
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #787
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeMonkFan View Post
yeah i bought both district nine (which i havent watched yet) and the hangover (which i have watched i think like 100 times loL) on bluray but CANT wait for tommorrow cause Zombieland is coming out...anyone who likes comedies/zombie flicks def have to check this out...BEST CELEB CAMEO EVER!!!
watched Zombieland last nite,I'll give it 2 out of 4 stars.The cameo was cool,but I could see what was going to happen to him coming from a mile away.I like Woody,the previews that showed before Zombieland looked interesting,Defendor with Woody,and Grownups with Adam Sandler and all his cronies

Old 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #788
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
watched Zombieland last nite,I'll give it 2 out of 4 stars.The cameo was cool,but I could see what was going to happen to him coming from a mile away.I like Woody,the previews that showed before Zombieland looked interesting,Defendor with Woody,and Grownups with Adam Sandler and all his cronies

Please go away Sandler and Company. Yo uare washed up.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #789
GMScud
Swearinger

So I just saw a preview for that Tooth Fairy movie with The Rock. Or Dwayne Johnson or whatever he calls himself. I mean... How on God's green earth did that thing make it to theaters? Someone actually paid for that crap screenplay, then paid to cast actors and a production staff, and actually put that shit on the big screen? Admittedly I know next to nothing about how Hollywood works (I do watch Entourage though), but how... just... how??

If someone wanted me to go see that movie, I would ask for a kick in nuts and we could just call it even.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #790
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
So I just saw a preview for that Tooth Fairy movie with The Rock. Or Dwayne Johnson or whatever he calls himself. I mean... How on God's green earth did that thing make it to theaters? Someone actually paid for that crap screenplay, then paid to cast actors and a production staff, and actually put that shit on the big screen? Admittedly I know next to nothing about how Hollywood works (I do watch Entourage though), but how... just... how??

If someone wanted me to go see that movie, I would ask for a kick in nuts and we could just call it even.
the sad thing is that movie got decent reveiws and will probably make money

anyone seen funny people? the one with adam sandler i watched it the other night and it was a real surprise. i thougth it would be alright, but me and my fiancee loved it

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #791
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
I left work early yesterday b/c I've got a nasty cold, so I made it a movie day. Threw on "Watchmen" in the afternoon. I was really impressed. Very well done, good effects, and a very unique take on a superhero-type film. My only complaint was it probably didn't need to be 3.5 hrs long.

In the evening I threw on "Blow." Obviously I've seen it probably half a dozen times at this point, but I just love it. Such a bad-ass flick.

Then before I went to bed I watched the Biggie Smalls biography "Notorious." Pretty solid. I had very low expectations going in. It wasn't great, but the dude who played Christopher Wallace did an excellent job.
The director did such a good job on syncing the movie with the graphic novel. They truly held the movie in check with the book. I loved the fact that they didn't hollywoodize the graphic novel to cram it into 2 hours. Like mredskins stated the read is just as good. Ever since reading the book I read as much of Alan Moore as I can.

Another graphic novel I am waiting for to be made into a movie or series on HBO, showtime, or some other pay channel is a series by Garth Ennis calle "Preacher" totally awsome and totally messed up. A story about a bastard child of an angle and demoness, a drunken vampire and a preacher in search of God to find out why he abandoned heaven...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #792
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Shit sells unfortunately.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #793
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Shit sells unfortunately.

This is a great web site to see just how well shit sells.

First look up the big ones like Titanic, Avatar, etc... then look up a couple crappy ones they crank in the money as well! Also pay attention to international sales, a movie could be a total bust here but just crank overseas.

Box Office Mojo
Old 02-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #794
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:

I think your missing the point with this movie,its not aimed at adults,looks like it would be a good movie to take the kids to.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #795
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I think your missing the point with this movie,its not aimed at adults,looks like it would be a good movie to take the kids to.

Even if I was 10 I would think that movie is shit.