When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Apologies for passing this over, I think the bolded line at the top is a plausible scenario. Trump doesn't seem like the type to give anyone else any credit for any of his victories.
And the last paragraph gave me a good laugh. There's so many things I could harp on Republicans for, but this makes a good point. The one bone I have to pick is he's not just being nice to Russia, he's hanging out with one of our enemies several days after we brought indictments against 12 people who were acting under his command. The timing couldn't be worse. And it's his continued refusal to say Russia means us no harm after we brought charges alleging they meant to cause us harm (and are probably still doing so to this day).

Also if you want to switch gears we can discuss the role Maria Butina played/facilitated in Russian money laundering via the NRA. Hard to see the gov't bringing charges if they didn't have evidence to back up their case. Also serious question for you: Do you think the NRA has the moral fortitude to not take donations/work with any country willing to help the cause? Even if that country was our enemy and was still doing everything possible to undermine our position?
I don't know much about the NRA. I would like to hope they would have the moral fortitude, but I tend to see groups that live and die around politics as money grubbers of the worst sort, and if they can maintain a semblance of deniability they probably would take money from anyone thats willing to give it to them.

One thing I think we have seen, and the depths of it is pretty amazing, is how deep Russia was willing to go to sow discord in our political environment. They were funnelling money and trolls to both sides simply to polarize the country, and it was/is a pretty effective strategy. But I do think the world has always underestimated how united this country can become if the circumstances of the international arena require it. Even as polarized as we are, our ability to function as a nation-state is pretty amazing when you think about it. With a near 50/50 split most european countries would have disbanded their parliaments and been forced into political chaos as the parties held continual referendums and alliances shifted under foot.

Our federal/local structure and our constitution allows us to disagree vehemently, yet have a functioning government with no real hint of collapse or uprising. At worst we get congressional inaction and paralysis, which isn't necessarily the worst thing.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
...The one bone I have to pick is he's not just being nice to Russia, he's hanging out with one of our enemies several days after we brought indictments against 12 people who were acting under his command. The timing couldn't be worse. And it's his continued refusal to say Russia means us no harm after we brought charges alleging they meant to cause us harm (and are probably still doing so to this day).

I agree that the timing was terrible. In retrospect, while I think the indictment timing was politically motivated, Trump could have done a YUGE step in putting all of this to bed by taking the step of cancelling the summit with Russia after they were announced. It would have shown tacit support for the intelligence agencies and looked "tough" against Russia.

That said, the 25 indictments against Russian operatives and agents are truly laughable. Could you imagine how many spies/kgb undercover agents we could have indicted during the cold war? I know people think that us Trumpeteers are overblowing the partisan nature of the ongoing investigations, but it's really hard to imagine, that when as many top FBI/DOJ personnel have been fired/reassigned as trump associates have been indicted, that there isn't a bias at play.

One last thing, and I know this is also a Trumpeteer talking point, but everyone does realize that these Russian infiltrations into the Democratic servers took place under Pres Obama's watch, right? Does it absolve the Russians, no not at all, but IF they had the knowledge that these foreign agents were working overtime, and all indications are that they did, then I would have thought that would have been pretty important to bring up in the full brief daily briefings Clinton and Trump received, AND pretty important for the US political class to resolve a way to bring to the US citizens in a unified way, instead of the purely partisan approach BOTH sides took. Just points to more failures of our political upper echelons class.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

So the latest Russian spy that was arrested happened to be chosen out of a crowd by Trump randomly. What a coincidence. Lol.
Now the piece of shit says that he meant to say “would not” instead of “would” and the GOP and the Trumpers are all “good enough for me”. The amount of Russian nothing that HAS happened with this guy over the last couple years culminating in him sucking off Putin on the grandest of stages yesterday is so fucking obviously wrong that it is disgusting. Please stop with Obama and the left and the bullshit. THE GUY IS FUCKING IN DEEP WITH PUTIN - AND IT IS GOING TO COME OUT.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:47 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So the latest Russian spy that was arrested happened to be chosen out of a crowd by Trump randomly. What a coincidence. Lol.
Now the piece of shit says that he meant to say “would not” instead of “would” and the GOP and the Trumpers are all “good enough for me”. The amount of Russian nothing that HAS happened with this guy over the last couple years culminating in him sucking off Putin on the grandest of stages yesterday is so fucking obviously wrong that it is disgusting. Please stop with Obama and the left and the bullshit. THE GUY IS FUCKING IN DEEP WITH PUTIN - AND IT IS GOING TO COME OUT.
I hope so but as with the cult members here they will not listen to reason or even admit to his wrong doings. Only what is good for them and trump and fuck America.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
But still, what US policy has been implemented that benefits Russia? I don't want a president that is in russia's backpocket, but so far i havent heard a response to that question. In fact russia at the un supported stricter sanctions on NK. We killed russian advisors in syria. We moved our israel embassy to jerusalem and russia barely squeaked about it. Putin agreed to strengthen the fight against isis, where before they were tacitly allowing iran to aid them. Maybe putin is in trumps back pocket.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:12 AM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
But still, what US policy has been implemented that benefits Russia? I don't want a president that is in russia's backpocket, but so far i havent heard a response to that question. In fact russia at the un supported stricter sanctions on NK. We killed russian advisors in syria. We moved our israel embassy to jerusalem and russia barely squeaked about it. Putin agreed to strengthen the fight against isis, where before they were tacitly allowing iran to aid them. Maybe putin is in trumps back pocket.

Forget US policy. Putin does not give a fuck about ISIS, Jerusalem, and we didn’t do dick about Syria. He gives a fuck about one thing and one thing only. Revenge on the western world and the EU for the fall of the Soviet Union. His agenda? Watching the POTUS - the leader of the free world - tear apart NATO and our allies while giving Russia legitimacy and a free pass to influence western democracy. It is really that simple man - dont overthink it looking for concrete policies that somehow hurt Russia. It isn’t about that to Putin. It is about a world view. And its all unfolding in front of our faces in a bigly way my man. Putin is grinning from ear to ear right now.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

"No see what I meant to say was"

Ohhhh. Ok. Glad he clarified.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Honest question , think these two would let Obama get away with that?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:39 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Just a laughable walk back...

This fucking guy
Old 07-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just a laughable walk back...

This fucking guy
The hilarious part is he walked back his walk back. So essentially he did two 180s and ended up right back where he started.

"Uh, I believe our IC intel.........but it could have been another person."

It's obvious he was forced to read that statement yesterday. The look on his face said it all. I think his staff and congress put their foot down on that shit. Surprisingly.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:53 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sean Hannity if obama would have given that presser yesterday:

Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Sean Hannity if obama would have given that presser yesterday:

Lol. I cannot even imagine.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The question you need to ask is why in the hell is Trump so ready to bend over backwards for this mother fucker? Why the hell does he have to add “and other people” or “some fat guy on a bed” or “other countries “ everytime he is FORCED to say “russia interfered”????? What is in it for him to not point the finger at Russia? I know whats in it for the GOP not to castrate him. They want to be re-elected. But wth is in it for Trump? If that doesn’t make you wonder what the hell this guy is up to than you are either in denial or not able to follow the bouncing ball. And i find it hard to believe that ESPECIALLY after that shit show in Helsinki.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rebuking-...161056572.html
Old 07-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

"So many people at the higher ends of intelligence loved my press conference performance in Helsinki," Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/polit...nce/index.html