Debating with the enemy

Old 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico, an Obama deflection ,really???
Context is crucial. But with Trump is definitely different because it’s so out of line with a strategy. Trump actions are detrimental bc we have the facts and he still acted like a bitch...at the same time throwing his own agencies under the bus for either a. selfish incompetence or b. The Russians have his balls in their hands.

There is certainly a difference between the 2 presidencies, neither effective with the Russian policy.

Trump missed a yuge opportunity to say enough is enough...he shrunk
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Here comes the pivot
Old 07-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Here comes the pivot
If the claim is that he is under Putins thunb, and that press conference sure as hell looked like that, what policies would you see changed from what is in place. We are certainly more aggressively anti Russia in Ukraine where we are arming Ukraine with weapons that they didnt have before. In Syria we are far more aggressive against Assad's chemical weapons regardless of Russian advisors, we have increased sanctions in general. We have reinstated iranian sanctions.

What policies reflect putins thumb?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If the claim is that he is under Putins thunb, and that press conference sure as hell looked like that, what policies would you see changed from what is in place. We are certainly more aggressively anti Russia in Ukraine where we are arming Ukraine with weapons that they didnt have before. In Syria we are far more aggressive against Assad's chemical weapons regardless of Russian advisors, we have increased sanctions in general. We have reinstated iranian sanctions.

What policies reflect putins thumb?

It’s simple, his talk should match his actions. Because it doesn’t red flags are raised.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
It’s simple, his talk should match his actions. Because it doesn’t red flags are raised.
The problem is Trump isnt Reagan, he just thinks he is. You really can only judge him by his actions, because he was clearly born with 2 silver feet to put in his mouth.

I do agree though, in the sense that most of the issues are because he always has to speak and add in his one line troll jab. Its his way of trying to control the narrative, and it fails a lot.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Here comes the pivot

Really!!
They both denounce trump but now try to explain away his treacherous behavior . Next we will hear it was " trump misspoke " or "locker room talk" or "alternative facts".
Old 07-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Really!!
They both denounce trump but now try to explain away his treacherous behavior . Next we will hear it was " trump misspoke " or "locker room talk" or "alternative facts".
Lol G1 is not reading again.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol G1 is not reading again.
.............and Chico is "spinning".......again.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

G1 you are going to LOOOOVVEEEE me posting this one!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/opini...ley/index.html

he references a cult, it's CNN (well daily telegraph reposted), he gives Trump credit for being tough on Russia, he points to all sorts of historical references, and I agree with nearly everything he says. (don't like the cult reference lol)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I wanted to hit some highlights from that article, because it is so on target for me.

Quote:
Trump is not a Russian agent, and we have no reason to believe he's being blackmailed; the psychological truth is probably that Trump cannot accept that Moscow played a role in the election victory he is so proud of -- with or without the Trump campaign's knowledge -- and so he prefers to believe that his own nation's agencies are in error.
Quote:
The Trump administration is perfectly tough on Russia. It has expelled Russian diplomats, attacked Moscow's ally in Syria (the US military also killed hundreds of Russian mercenaries in Syria in February), raised US defense spending and given arms to Ukraine.
Quote:
And if Trump's meeting with Putin truly shocks you, I urge you to Google photos of Jimmy Carter meeting the Shah of Iran. Or Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein. Both these tyrants were once considered friends or partners with the United States, much as Reagan once described the Contras -- who were accused of kidnap, rape and torture in the Nicaraguan civil war -- as "the moral equal of our founding fathers."
Quote:
When Barack Obama was in charge, we were told that everything he did was a "first." Now that Trump runs things, everything he does is the "worst." And finally, with that Helsinki, Finland, press conference with Vladimir Putin, he seems to have provoked the GOP to join the hyperbole.

Now we know what constitutes a step too far for Republicans. Not banning most trans people from the military nor splitting up families at the border nor cutting taxes for the super rich. No, it's being nice to Russia.
Honestly, I should just repost the whole article, but I've given the link twice if anyone is so inclined.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:12 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I wanted to hit some highlights from that article, because it is so on target for me.

Honestly, I should just repost the whole article, but I've given the link twice if anyone is so inclined.
.......of course it is ,you're one of them.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
.......of course it is ,you're one of them.
Would you kindly answer one of these 2 questions then:

1) What policy or policies has Trump enacted that has presented a softer/weaker stance then Pres. Obama?

or

2) What policy or policies should Trump have enacted that are tougher than our current policy?
Old 07-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Would you kindly answer one of these 2 questions then:

1) What policy or policies has Trump enacted that has presented a softer/weaker stance then Pres. Obama?

or

2) What policy or policies should Trump have enacted that are tougher than our current policy?

What do you call it when a sitting President of the United States of America openly backs the leader of an enemy foreign goverment over his own Security and Defense agency's ? Again the cult tries to spin with out admission of their presidents wrong doing.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...anctions-syria

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FI2V7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2c6c92487f11
Old 07-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
What do you call it when a sitting President of the United States of America openly backs the leader of an enemy foreign goverment over his own Security and Defense agency's ? Again the cult tries to spin with out admission of their presidents wrong doing.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...anctions-syria

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FI2V7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2c6c92487f11
I really asked a simple question.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 07-17-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Trump is not a Russian agent, and we have no reason to believe he's being blackmailed; the psychological truth is probably that Trump cannot accept that Moscow played a role in the election victory he is so proud of -- with or without the Trump campaign's knowledge -- and so he prefers to believe that his own nation's agencies are in error. Quote:
The Trump administration is perfectly tough on Russia. It has expelled Russian diplomats, attacked Moscow's ally in Syria (the US military also killed hundreds of Russian mercenaries in Syria in February), raised US defense spending and given arms to Ukraine.
Quote:
And if Trump's meeting with Putin truly shocks you, I urge you to Google photos of Jimmy Carter meeting the Shah of Iran. Or Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein. Both these tyrants were once considered friends or partners with the United States, much as Reagan once described the Contras -- who were accused of kidnap, rape and torture in the Nicaraguan civil war -- as "the moral equal of our founding fathers."
Quote:
When Barack Obama was in charge, we were told that everything he did was a "first." Now that Trump runs things, everything he does is the "worst." And finally, with that Helsinki, Finland, press conference with Vladimir Putin, he seems to have provoked the GOP to join the hyperbole.

Now we know what constitutes a step too far for Republicans. Not banning most trans people from the military nor splitting up families at the border nor cutting taxes for the super rich. No, it's being nice to Russia.

Apologies for passing this over, I think the bolded line at the top is a plausible scenario. Trump doesn't seem like the type to give anyone else any credit for any of his victories.
And the last paragraph gave me a good laugh. There's so many things I could harp on Republicans for, but this makes a good point. The one bone I have to pick is he's not just being nice to Russia, he's hanging out with one of our enemies several days after we brought indictments against 12 people who were acting under his command. The timing couldn't be worse. And it's his continued refusal to say Russia means us no harm after we brought charges alleging they meant to cause us harm (and are probably still doing so to this day).

Also if you want to switch gears we can discuss the role Maria Butina played/facilitated in Russian money laundering via the NRA. Hard to see the gov't bringing charges if they didn't have evidence to back up their case. Also serious question for you: Do you think the NRA has the moral fortitude to not take donations/work with any country willing to help the cause? Even if that country was our enemy and was still doing everything possible to undermine our position?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote