Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins v. Eagles Gameday Thread (Round 2)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #736
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: Skins v. Eagles Gameday Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol no. give me a comp skin squD nd i report back. i love philly, go their all the time, just heard from multiple skins fans that the n word gets dropped on the regular. hence i had my own fights in balmore dont need no philly lov,
Yeah whatever. You sound like a drunken ignorant Filthy fan.

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #737
InsaneBoost
The Starter

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he was saying.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #738
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Well I can finally say "I know how you feel". The Philly-Skins game was actually broadcasted in my area, and I was riveted the entire time pulling for the Redskins all the way. I had my own selfish reasons for being a "one day Skins fan", but none the less at the end of the game I felt very frustrated.

To have the team play so well for the whole day and then allow the rug to be pulled our from under them.

I finally can empathize with your season.

I really wanted the Skins to win. And they had them on the ropes most of the day.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #739
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Well I can finally say "I know how you feel". The Philly-Skins game was actually broadcasted in my area, and I was riveted the entire time pulling for the Redskins all the way. I had my own selfish reasons for being a "one day Skins fan", but none the less at the end of the game I felt very frustrated.

To have the team play so well for the whole day and then allow the rug to be pulled our from under them.

I really wanted the Skins to win. And they had them on the ropes most of the day.
Well if Dallas makes it to the playoffs we will say the same to you after the first playoff game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 AM   #740
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by perez24 View Post
Admittedly the offense is bad, but when has this defense ever held the other team in crunch time? When does it ever cause a crucial fumble?
Well if I remember correctly didn't we cause a crucial int. in the second half.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #741
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:

I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans at work. I hate to say this but I root for y'all when y'all play Filthy too. It's a little iffy with NYG but pretty much the same. We three have good old fashioned football fun. We drink, eat, and talk a little smack.

Filthy fans are just scum. No disclaimer, SCUM!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #742
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
We three have good old fashioned football fun.
And that's what it's all about right there.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #743
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

That's not our season, Sandtrap. That's the last decade, with a few exceptions.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #744
perez24
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well if I remember correctly didn't we cause a crucial int. in the second half.
The defense came up with a big interception in the Eagles territory and the offense only turned it into 3 points rather than 7 IIRC, so you make a relevant point.

However, and I'm not defending the offense or even saying the defense was completely to blame for the loss, but how many times near the end of the game does the defense make that critical stop when the other team is trying to run out the clock or get a turnover?

I think the TD drive was a 90 yard drive. 90 YARDS when they knew McNabb had to throw!!!
perez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #745
53Fan
Franchise Player

Wink Re: Skins v. Eagles Gameday Thread (Round 2)

Quote:
The defense came up with a big interception in the Eagles territory and the offense only turned it into 3 points rather than 7 IIRC, so you make a relevant point.

However, and I'm not defending the offense or even saying the defense was completely to blame for the loss, but how many times near the end of the game does the defense make that critical stop when the other team is trying to run out the clock or get a turnover?

I think the TD drive was a 90 yard drive. 90 YARDS when they knew McNabb had to throw!!!
That's the bend AND break defense.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #746
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

Our defense = the Cardinals defense.

Unfortunately, our offense does not = the Cardinals offense.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #747
perez24
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
That's the bend AND break defense.
Your comment caused a belly laugh at work that has resulted in a few raised eyebrows back at the cubicle farm.
perez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #748
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Again same old jc, looks good inntje first half when the game isn't tight, but when the games on the line he chokes
I don't know where some of you come up with these things, blind hatred speaking I guess...it's laughable.

2009 through 11 games for Campbell:
1st half - 66.1 rating, 59.3 comp%, 1,066 yds, 4 TD, 8 INTs
2nd half - 103.8 rating, 71.4 comp%, 1,291 yds, 8 TD, 3 INTs

He's FAR better in the second half in late in games. Several times this season, he's brought the team back from being down big in the first half to make the games close at the end.

Jason Campbell - Washington Redskins - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
Old 11-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #749
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don't know where some of you come up with these things, blind hatred speaking I guess...it's laughable.

2009 through 11 games for Campbell:
1st half - 66.1 rating, 59.3 comp%, 1,066 yds, 4 TD, 8 INTs
2nd half - 103.8 rating, 71.4 comp%, 1,291 yds, 8 TD, 3 INTs

He's FAR better in the second half in late in games. Several times this season, he's brought the team back from being down big in the first half to make the games close at the end.
Jason Campbell - Washington Redskins - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
i do not dislike jc and would like to see him here next year, he will be our best option

but to call it blind hatered is kind of laughable, because you are kind of blindly in love with him

read your last paragraph, you said it yourself, he has brought the team back to get it close, this isn't peewee close doesn't count.

thomas boswell had a great article today in the post i'm pretty sure it's on the homepage here, and it basically says you can't call for campbells head he is our best option, granted he's not the best in the leaguge he is what we have now and what we should have next year, instead of a rookie qb becoming overwhelmed

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #750
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol no. give me a comp skin squD nd i report back. i love philly, go their all the time, just heard from multiple skins fans that the n word gets dropped on the regular. hence i had my own fights in balmore dont need no philly lov,
I have no idea what you just said but I can say that the cities of Philadelphia and Baltimore are both hellholes. I prefer Baltimore by far, as long as you stay close to the safe Harbor area.