Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #736
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

I don't think it was JD fault, just a massive oversight by the FO to expect him to come into a position after 1 year of college and to make the calls for an NFL D, rather than bringing in an established veteran and letting JD learn at WLB. One of the keys to this team winning is having a good defence and that starts with the MLB making adjustments and alignments. Using another pick on a MLB this years means at best he will be on a learning curve for the first half of the season.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #737
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

YOOO These are FIRE
Old 03-30-2022, 02:18 PM   #738
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
YOOO These are FIRE
Is that image 20,000 x 10,000? My computer almost caught fire trying to process that one lol.

I like the helmets, the rest could be improved imo. Put a stripe on the pant legs.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 02:27 PM   #739
MTK
\m/

Yeah, pants or socks need stripes
Old 03-30-2022, 04:04 PM   #740
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Yeah with our current cap, even the bump we get post June 1, id rather use it to extend Terry and find a more affordable vet option at MLB.

I was speaking more in general terms.

Theres positions you can fill in FA for pretty decent decent value (G, C, LB, RB)

Other positions are so much more expensive in FA (QB, WR, CB, T)

LB is kinda middle ground for me. Good ones cost money in FA, not WR/QB/CB/T money but more than G/C/RB.

Im starting to think MLB is a hard jump from college to NFL and you might better be served adding a vet MLB through FA who has already acclimated to the position

vs taking a MLB in the first round, then coaching him up for 1-3 years.

MLB might be the hardest position to go from college to NFL. At QB at least your coaching staff can manage a playbook to a rookie QBs strengths. As a rookie MLB, offensive coordinators get to call the plays and target your weaknesses.

ikd just watching Jamin Davis has been somewhat eye opening
Yeah the thing is we were so focused on QBs and WRs big $ contracts going through the roof we didn't realize that LBs contracts took quite the bump too.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I feel like not so long ago it was quite an underpaid position (Maybe Schneed's memory can help me out there ?)... Now per spotrac, only for inside LB, you have 2 guys at 17M+/y, 2 at 14M+/y and a couple more around 10M/y...

Point being, Bobby Wagner coming of 18M/y is probably not a viable option... But what about Schobert, Hitchens, Hightower, Van Noy, Minter, Kwon Alexander, Alec Ogletree etc... They're not all getting 15M+/y, are they ?

I think Mooby just made an excellent point for the need of a proven vet: help Davis on his learning curve. If you're moving Holcomb to MLB this will be a challenge for him, he might be able to do a very decent job because he's smart, but will he be able to give Davis indications/tips when he needs to ?
Moving Holcomb to Mike if we had 2 proven vets as Will and Sam would be one thing, doing so with a second year player who took some strides but didn't specifically shine last year at WLB and God knows who at SLB is a whole other deal...

Again not saying waiting for after the draft is crazy, but you better have some guys you're confident you can sign !
Old 03-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #741
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Those legit are a top 10 uniform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #742
skinsfan69
Living Legend

There is nothing good about the white uniforms. Absolutely nothing. It's boring, bland and the colors on the numbers don't match the helmet. It's a practice jersey at best.

I was listening to Sheehans podcast and he was talking about the situation w/ the stadium. Md and DC area basically out cause they're not offering any tax money. Va lowered theirs from a billion to 350 million because they're basically bidding against themselves. A Va senator mentioned that the franchise is basically dead.

So Sheehan basically said these are the exact scenarios that made the Chargers move to LA and the Browns becoming the Ravens.

I doubt Snyder would do it but if he got a deal in lets say St Louis and left and we got a new team I would be all for it. He mentioned the new team would be called Warriors and that would be the end of Dan and the Commanders.

Obviously very far fetched but I would be so damn happy if that happened.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:54 PM   #743
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There is nothing good about the white uniforms. Absolutely nothing. It's boring, bland and the colors on the numbers don't match the helmet. It's a practice jersey at best.

I was listening to Sheehans podcast and he was talking about the situation w/ the stadium. Md and DC area basically out cause they're not offering any tax money. Va lowered theirs from a billion to 350 million because they're basically bidding against themselves. A Va senator mentioned that the franchise is basically dead.

So Sheehan basically said these are the exact scenarios that made the Chargers move to LA and the Browns becoming the Ravens.

I doubt Snyder would do it but if he got a deal in lets say St Louis and left and we got a new team I would be all for it. He mentioned the new team would be called Warriors and that would be the end of Dan and the Commanders.

+1

White on white is boring. The only half decent thing about that is the helmet, and even the W is boring.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:08 AM   #744
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I honestly don't care about the uniforms. They are fine. Could be better, could be worse.

It's like power rankings - I'll look at them, but they don't mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things.

The name, the uniform, the logo, the crest...can't please everybody; and with this fan base you can't please the majority.

Just go win games...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:14 AM   #745
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I honestly don't care about the uniforms. They are fine. Could be better, could be worse.

It's like power rankings - I'll look at them, but they don't mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things.

The name, the uniform, the logo, the crest...can't please everybody; and with this fan base you can't please the majority.

Just go win games...
True, name, logo, uniforms are all very subjective things and I always say there's pretty much no point in arguing about it... However, the fact that the numbers' color doesn't match the stripes nor the helmet is just a flat out mistake to me. That's not a preference or taste thing, that's just bad execution IMO.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2022, 07:51 AM   #746
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm a big Logo / uniform guy and please don't let Summo see that blasphemy lol
Old 03-31-2022, 07:52 AM   #747
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
True, name, logo, uniforms are all very subjective things and I always say there's pretty much no point in arguing about it... However, the fact that the numbers' color doesn't match the stripes nor the helmet is just a flat out mistake to me. That's not a preference or taste thing, that's just bad execution IMO.

Welcome to the Washington commanders, become the dictionary definition of bad execution lol. Mind you that is a photoshop image so colour matching needs to be taken with a grain of salt
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:55 AM   #748
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Welcome to the Washington commanders, become the dictionary definition of bad execution lol. Mind you that is a photoshop image so colour matching needs to be taken with a grain of salt
Yeah but from every picture we've seen since the name announcement those away jerseys stand out as not matching any of the other jerseys' colours nor the helmet.
Simply amazing to me.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:41 AM   #749
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

I think we ALL would be all for it...but everyone knows whats happened here with Snyder, there isn't a city in the US that would want Snyder there...no matter how hungry they are for an NFL team. Probably his only shot at that would be London maybe. He's here for our lifetime guys...accept it...barring some health reason. He will end up either building a new stadium beside the current one, or just redoing that one.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:03 AM   #750
Meks
Pro Bowl

the red is wrong. flat out. dumbest idea ever.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote