Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wasn't the defense ranked in the top 5 last season under Haslett? And its the second PRESEASON game and you want to fire him? That's a tad extreme. Wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Numbers are waaay overrated, wernt the Gmen have the last ranked last in a few important stats last year??

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #62
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

- Bears 1st Team played with more enthusiasm than the Skins 1st Team.

- For the first time, RGIII looked like a rookie. No worries, though.

- Cedric Griffin is terrible, just terrible. Why wait to cut him?

- The Skins should just pretend that Brandon Banks is a WR and keep him for his return talents. His PR TD put the Skins right back in the game at halftime after they had been dominated. He is capable of making huge ST plays. That talent is too valuable to throw away.

- Logan Paulsen is our only blocking TE (he weighs about 280 lbs.) and our OL is weak; therefore, he should make the team. Niles Paul is makes the team if Cooley is traded or hurt again.

- Morris and Royster are similar backs. We still need an explosive 3rd Down back.

- I like the way Meriweather plays the game - I hope he's OK.

- Josh Wilson is looking very good in my eyes.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #63
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If I'd have posted last night, I would have been like OMGZZZ!111, but after a good night's sleep and some perspective, I was actually pleased with the play of all our depth guys with the exception of the offensive line.

You never know what you're going to get when it comes to preseason game plans. Did the Bears plan a little more? Maybe so. I thought RG3 looked pretty good as far as QBs go. Didn't get a lot of opportunities when he was running for his life. The passes he did complete I was very happy with.

Cousins looked great against backups, but you can only play the people in the game at that time and I thought he owned them. Good to see he was decisive and good to see Robinson and Briscoe step up.

In the end, Cedric Griffin is not a starting corner. Cutler just picked his ass apart. It was either a quick drop or max protect so that's part of the reason we didn't get there for pressure. I was STILL super pissed we lost over a freaking 57 yard field goal after how well Cousins did in the 2 minute drill.
I'M SWOONING!!!
I think.....At last a little...actual....sense regarding the team and the game.
Several second teamers (at the moment) shined last night. Some of our...current starters did not. Guess what can happen on a team that is still doing much rebuilding...Change.
Robert is a rook and there will be....moments. That's ok.
It's preseason...and for a team with some many unsettled positions, I to was happy about much I saw last night.
Can't wait to see the starting line-up this week.
HTTR.........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #64
CapitalDefense

We are an 8-8 football team at best, that's with a few breaks, we played a playoff contender last night for 2 quarters and they kicked our ass. RG3 is our starting QB, let that one go, no controversy what so ever. Kirk did fantastic against players who will not be in the NFL in a couple of weeks, as I said in previous threads, he needs to be our 2nd string QB. Rex gives us nothing except for a great game or 2, Kirk can get us a draft pick down the road with this type of play. If RG3 goes down, Kirk needs to play. Period. If we need to keep an extra TE or LB or what ever maybe you give Rex his walking papers because we are not making the playoffs no time soon.

I think Shanny was putting RG3 in some complicated situations just to see how he would respond. Square peg meet round hole when trying to run and play action against a 8 man box who is blitzing extra guys on every single play. He actually did quite well in those situations where he was set up, by our coaches, to fail.

Our defense was punked, nobody got pressure even when we blitzed. Pathetic effort! Cedric Griffin was abused! Cofield is still not big enough to play the NT spot.

Some youngsters came alive at bit but will need to show consistency to make the squad which was the highlights of the night if you are a Redskins fan. The starters have a bunch of holes and we are not close to having an offensive line that can compete in this league.
CapitalDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #65
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayroc24 View Post
I am glad the whole team had a game like this, it will re focus them on getting better. With that being said, we all know there is major issues when half of your O-line is missing. Also we (fans) all need to take into account that we do not know what the game plan was for the game. The coaches may have just wanted to see how the team would react to certain situations. RG3 is still a rookie and he needs time to develop, if everyone starts calling for his head after playing 3 quarters of football this team will always be in last place.

No one likes to lose, but that is not why they play the preseason games, if it was the first string would stay in. Give the team time to gell, The Redskins are in year 3, How long has Lovie been the coach for the Bears? It takes time guys, it will get better!
Maybe they wanted to see how the fans would react to a piss poor performance. They should know the answer to that by know.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #66
los panda
Pro Bowl

our first team defense looked like trash. offensive line looked like trash (again)
Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #67
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Our defense has major holes in the defensive backfield and that Jim Haslett is a POS coordinator. If I could fire him right now I really would.
LOL!! We are guaranteed to lose 10 games cause Hasslett will lose 6 games by himself. And Kyle will screw up at least 4. Paging Alvin Walton!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #68
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I thought RG3 would make our Oline better? Is that not happening? Strange
I know right?
Had to chuckle at this post because I remember people actually making this argument.
It was okay not to prioritize the RT position in the offseason because Griffin would automatically make them better.

But, jokes aside I think the answers to a passable OL rest on the second unit.
I admit I'm partial towards Willie Smith but objectively to my eye I thought he was the best OL out there yesterday.
At the very least I think he deserves to be evaluated with the 1st unit.
I think LeRib deserves that chance too.
Gettis after having a good game against the Bills, looked to regress last night especially in pass pro.

Trent-Hurt-Monty-LeRib-Willie Smith
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #69
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

For anyone saying that RGIII looked like a rookie, can you specify? Not being a dick, just curious because he was fairly accurate on almost everything. Not only that, we haven't had someone with that type of scrambling ability ever. I think if there was anything "rookie like" was him potentially underestimating how fast NFL players are. The guys in the booth noticed it and I agree. Still, so refreshing to see someone that young keep his eyes down-field trying to make a play.

Now, next week if we lay an egg for the game teams supposedly game-plan for, then I'll be getting a little nervous.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #70
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Well well....I see we are all back down to earth now.
I certainly am.
I sure hope Bob G and Mike S are.
Now lets get to work.
And efff the Bears.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #71
skinsfan69
Living Legend

As far as the qb's go, how come RG3 only got 8 attenpts this week and 6 last week? That's a complete joke. Yet we see the other rookies getting 20 attempts. Seems like the Shanahan's are babying RG3. Call some 5-7 step drop backs, max protect and let the kid sling it around. Cousins was just a stud out there. He looked like a NFL QB. Joe T. was saying how much better he's looking in practice and it sure showed last night. He was throwing with accuracy and authority.

WR position is a log jam. Don't see how Banks, AA and Austin make it.

O-line and secondary are the flawed positions and they showed us that last night.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #72
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
As far as the qb's go, how come RG3 only got 8 attenpts this week and 6 last week? That's a complete joke. Yet we see the other rookies getting 20 attempts. Seems like the Shanahan's are babying RG3. Call some 5-7 step drop backs, max protect and let the kid sling it around. Cousins was just a stud out there. He looked like a NFL QB. Joe T. was saying how much better he's looking in practice and it sure showed last night. He was throwing with accuracy and authority.

WR position is a log jam. Don't see how Banks, AA and Austin make it.

O-line and secondary are the flawed positions and they showed us that last night.
i was happy to see griff play the entire first half.

any word on the number of wrs they will keep?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Griff got hit which is a great thing imo, especially on the sack fumble , he won't be saying the bears d was easy I can assured u that lol.. I love the kid he's going to be an ELITE qb in 3 years.. cousins is trade bait after this season .
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think the play of our 2nd and 3rd string guys really shows the great depth we have built and are building. Coming back 20 some points in the second half shows the guys gotta lotta of fight.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #75
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

-RG3 actually didn't play a bad game in my opinion. Two of the sacks he had no control over and the fumble play was hardly his fault with a blind man coming right at him. He had one bad throw (Niles Paul has to catch that checkdown pass), but otherwise had a composed game and was just getting more and more involved as it went on. Encouraging stuff from a rookie QB in his second game.

-Cedric Griffin was a joke from day one. I remember criticizing this signing and getting a lot of heat for it, because it was a "low risk signing". Look when you sign a guy who was one of the worst CBs in the league last year to go along with the already incompetent DHall.. You'll have a problem. Hopefully they do what's right and cut him NOW instead of waiting.

-Our oline was horrible. Fortunately the pressure was coming from the right side most of the first half and we already know that our second team is starting at LG, RG and RT. Still hated Monty in this game. He was essentially getting pushed back on every play.

-Kirk Cousins looks eerily similar to John Beck. Fortunately he isn't completely incompetent as a quarterback and looks to be paving his way for a trade in the coming years.

-The runningbacks can't be judged from this game. Alfred Morris was impressing just to get a yard on certain plays. The run blocking seemed to get worse and worse in the first half.

-Ryan Kerrigan was terrific all night and all signs lead to him having a monster year. (I think he's better than Orakpo going forward and have been saying this since the day we drafted him).