It's official: Shanahan fired

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #61
FRPLG
MVP

Re: It's official: Shanahan fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Snyder is not w/out blame here. Obviously he did some things that undermined his head coach.
I think what is obvious is that Shanny is a very insecure person. I think Snyder did some things that the insecure Shanny considered "damaging" but that a confident well-adjusted HC would have been able to handle pretty easily. If being friends with the team's QB is what people want to hang their hats on to support Shanny and vilify Snyder then you have a tremendously weak argument.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #62
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think that Shanahan and his media mouthpieces blew up a few minor annoyances to Shanahan into the appearance that he was somehow hindered in doing his job by Snyder's meddling. What a crock that is!
That was the problem. What might seem like minor annoyances to us and probably most people were big problems for Shanahan. He was obsessed with controlling everything. Whenever he felt even remotely threatened he got all weaselly Machiavellian. I think he might actually be crazy.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #63
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I know David Shaw might not be interested but I hope the Redskins make an attempt to reach out to him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #64
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Snyder is not w/out blame here. Obviously he did some things that undermined his head coach.
Do you have proof of this?
You should if it's obvious.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody81 View Post
Tweeted by Mike @Espngreeny: #Redskins
RT "@kentbabb: The roster is jacked, QB is a diva/head case, owner a meddlesome maniac, and there's no 1st-rd pick. Terrible job"

Can't say I disagree..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its one thing to say RG3 is a diva, then it's another to call him a headcase. I guess the insults just get easier to toss. I swear the media is redic, and then people agree? please.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #66
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think what is obvious is that Shanny is a very insecure person. I think Snyder did some things that the insecure Shanny considered "damaging" but that a confident well-adjusted HC would have been able to handle pretty easily. If being friends with the team's QB is what people want to hang their hats on to support Shanny and vilify Snyder then you have a tremendously weak argument.
Well I will agree that he's probably insecure. That's something a Gibbs could probably handle. And as I've said before, if it's a more established player then it's fine. A rookie? Not a good thing at all. Hopefully the next coach won't have to put up with it, or is secure enough to ignore it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #67
FRPLG
MVP

Well we'll disagree on whether in this situation it was much of a problem or whether the reporting on it is very accurate anyways but...

Quote:
Hopefully the next coach won't have to put up with it, or is secure enough to ignore it.
It shouldn't be ignored. If (big if to me) it is some type of problem the HC has to handle it. Not by trying to manipulate the situation in a deceitful and shameless way but by dealing it with it like a damn responsible adult.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #68
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well I will agree that he's probably insecure. That's something a Gibbs could probably handle. And as I've said before, if it's a more established player then it's fine. A rookie? Not a good thing at all. Hopefully the next coach won't have to put up with it, or is secure enough to ignore it.

Redskins fire coach Shanahan after 3-13 season | Comcast

Shanahan demanded - and received - contractual control over all football matters when he joined the Redskins, and he repeatedly emphasized the need to run a disciplined organization with a sense of decorum. He weeded out the disgruntled players - most notably Albert Haynesworth - but ultimately was unable to stymie what he called the ''circus atmosphere'' that has permeated the Redskins under Snyder. Leaks, rumors and power struggles were just as bad as before. He leaves with the same regular-season winning percentage (.375) in Washington as Spurrier and Zorn.
---
Old 12-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #69
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Redskins fire coach Shanahan after 3-13 season | Comcast

Shanahan demanded - and received - contractual control over all football matters when he joined the Redskins, and he repeatedly emphasized the need to run a disciplined organization with a sense of decorum. He weeded out the disgruntled players - most notably Albert Haynesworth - but ultimately was unable to stymie what he called the ''circus atmosphere'' that has permeated the Redskins under Snyder. Leaks, rumors and power struggles were just as bad as before. He leaves with the same regular-season winning percentage (.375) in Washington as Spurrier and Zorn.
---
If I remember correctly the whole Haynesworth situation was a circus atmosphere in itself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #70
over the mountain
Playmaker

4 years ago we were all singing praises and saying how we finally have a legit football coach and how this is the last hope the skins have of turning things around.

1 year ago the football world was ours. ROY stud qb, high scoring dynamic offense.

Present day, most skins fans are either cursing the coach, the young qb and owner.

This isnt good. I dont know why people are acting so happy right now.

This means we as a franchise has failed miserably yet again. This means the last hope we had 4 years ago and last year is gone . . .

Shanahan had to go as i do believe he leaked that story of him wanting to leave in an attempt to jump ahead in the PR war over his dismal record.

I give DS tons of credit for holding steady until after the season and actually showing some sort of patience. If he had fired mike 3 games ago i believe his rep as an owner would have taken another hit . . .despite this fanbase foaming at the mouth for blood.

DS i give you props. You actually showed more restraint than our impatient knee-jerk fair fan brethren.

Another great thing is that (like mike said in his presser), we as a franchise are finally done with cap problems. no more AH, portis, arch deluxe etc bad contracts or cap penalties. Of course bruce allen deserves alot of credit for cleaning up our salary cap.

cap wise we are a better franchise. bruce is better than vinny. i wonder how much of an influence bruce had on keeping dan patient and waiting until the end of the season?
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I don't get all the happiness either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #72
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody81 View Post
Tweeted by Mike @Espngreeny: #Redskins
RT "@kentbabb: The roster is jacked, QB is a diva/head case, owner a meddlesome maniac, and there's no 1st-rd pick. Terrible job"

Can't say I disagree..

Wait, let me guess....you're Mike Shanahan?
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #73
Brody81
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Wait, let me guess....you're Mike Shanahan?

I wish!! I would be 6 million heavier in the pocket to sit home for a year..

Brody81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #74
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
4 years ago we were all singing praises and saying how we finally have a legit football coach and how this is the last hope the skins have of turning things around.

1 year ago the football world was ours. ROY stud qb, high scoring dynamic offense.

Present day, most skins fans are either cursing the coach, the young qb and owner.

This isnt good. I dont know why people are acting so happy right now.

This means we as a franchise has failed miserably yet again. This means the last hope we had 4 years ago and last year is gone . . .

Shanahan had to go as i do believe he leaked that story of him wanting to leave in an attempt to jump ahead in the PR war over his dismal record.

I give DS tons of credit for holding steady until after the season and actually showing some sort of patience. If he had fired mike 3 games ago i believe his rep as an owner would have taken another hit . . .despite this fanbase foaming at the mouth for blood.

DS i give you props. You actually showed more restraint than our impatient knee-jerk fair fan brethren.

Another great thing is that (like mike said in his presser), we as a franchise are finally done with cap problems. no more AH, portis, arch deluxe etc bad contracts or cap penalties. Of course bruce allen deserves alot of credit for cleaning up our salary cap.

cap wise we are a better franchise. bruce is better than vinny. i wonder how much of an influence bruce had on keeping dan patient and waiting until the end of the season?
1000% agree. Really sad day.

Vinny walking out was awesome but this is just horrible.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
Counter-Tre
Special Teams

I think what I will miss most is his ready smile.
Counter-Tre is offline   Reply With Quote