Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Jansen's dislocated ankle

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #61
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Jansen's discolated ankle

The only reason Wade didn't replace Jansen yesterday was because Wade was inactive, partly because of the sore shoulder, but mainly because the Skins didn't think they'd need him. The shoulder thing is minor, and now that the Skins know they'll need him, he'll be the starter.

There's no way Stephon Heyer could ever be considered a better choice at RT than Todd Wade. RT is exactly where Wade belongs - and to be truthful - I see no downgrade going from Jansen to Wade.

It's just our T depth is thin now. Heyer is an adequate backup, but I don't want him starting. Did we notice how absent Cooley was yesterday? That's because he was helping Heyer in pass protection. We need him running routes, so we need Wade to hold his own.

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #62
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Wow...I can't believe we haven't gotten an update from someone on here yet.
Did anybody really think he had a shot at playing again this season? I knew he was gone the moment I saw it on TV. In fact, I was thinking possible career-ender.

I guess you might think he could come back if you didn't get a look at the ankle.

It was a compound fracture, he was bleeding because the bone broke through the skin. The foot was turned at exactly a 90 degree angle to the right. It was Theismannesque, but I guess nobody got a good look at it?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #63
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
I think he is done for the year, but we shall wait for Gibbs presser today. The pictures that the washingtontimes.com has up are pretty damn knarly! I won't link them because some can't stomach them.
You can still post the link here then just a give a warning about it.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #64
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The only reason Wade didn't replace Jansen yesterday was because Wade was inactive, partly because of the sore shoulder, but mainly because the Skins didn't think they'd need him. The shoulder thing is minor, and now that the Skins know they'll need him, he'll be the starter.

There's no way Stephon Heyer could ever be considered a better choice at RT than Todd Wade. RT is exactly where Wade belongs - and to be truthful - I see no downgrade going from Jansen to Wade.

It's just our T depth is thin now. Heyer is an adequate backup, but I don't want him starting. Did we notice how absent Cooley was yesterday? That's because he was helping Heyer in pass protection. We need him running routes, so we need Wade to hold his own.
One thing is for sure Heyer has a much higher up side and I don't believe Wade is that much ahead. I bet by season end we all will say Heyer is our biggest surpries and it will not be the highest need in the o8 draft!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #65
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Did anybody really think he had a shot at playing again this season? I knew he was gone the moment I saw it on TV. In fact, I was thinking possible career-ender.

I guess you might think he could come back if you didn't get a look at the ankle.

It was a compound fracture, he was bleeding because the bone broke through the skin. The foot was turned at exactly a 90 degree angle to the right. It was Theismannesque, but I guess nobody got a good look at it?
HOLY CRAP! That sounds horrible...I haven't seen any pics on this.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #66
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
One thing is for sure Heyer has a much higher up side and I don't believe Wade is that much ahead. I bet by season end we all will say Heyer is our biggest surpries and it will not be the highest need in the o8 draft!
But how do we know he played so well?? Cooley was in his hip pocket the whole time on pass protection. The coaches obviously didn't feel comfortable letting Cooley go out to run routes with him in there. That should tell you everything you need to know. And without Cooley, our offense is limited.

The fans are WAAAY overrating Stephon Heyer. Wade can play on an island in pass protection, that's the strong suit in his game. I guess nobody remembers how well he played for us as a sub last year.

If we play Heyer, prepare yourself for Cooley to disappear to a year of pass blocking. If we play Wade, we lose nothing.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #67
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
HOLY CRAP! That sounds horrible...I haven't seen any pics on this.
At your own risk, of course...

Win also brings a crucial loss*-*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper
Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #68
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

"As for recovery time, Jansen said: "In 3-4 months, I should be ready to play football. It will be about six weeks in a cast with crutches. I'll be able to start in a walking boot and put some pressure on it. By 10-12 weeks, I should be running. ... I know I'll be able to bounce back from this."

From The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

At least he's got a good attitude about it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #69
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
But how do we know he played so well?? Cooley was in his hip pocket the whole time on pass protection. The coaches obviously didn't feel comfortable letting Cooley go out to run routes with him in there. That should tell you everything you need to know. And without Cooley, our offense is limited.

The fans are WAAAY overrating Stephon Heyer. Wade can play on an island in pass protection, that's the strong suit in his game. I guess nobody remembers how well he played for us as a sub last year.

If we play Heyer, prepare yourself for Cooley to disappear to a year of pass blocking. If we play Wade, we lose nothing.
You maybe right about Heyer but I have seen NOTHING that tells me Wade can do what you say he can!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #70
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
You maybe right about Heyer but I have seen NOTHING that tells me Wade can do what you say he can!
Wade is outstanding in pass pro at the Tackle position. If he's healthy I would play him. Don't judge Tackle Wade by what you saw from Guard Wade.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #71
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:

I knew better than to look at the replay . My first thought was poor Jansen < one of the toughest & most dedicated Skin I have seen > , and I had a bad feeling that it was ugly . Lets all hope he recovers at/ near 100% . And For the 2 or 3 % of you that gloat when other players are hurt ie; Holdman / Glenn ,,,,,,, you are sad people ,, IMO and I doubt Gibbs would think much of your character ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #72
RedskinPete
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Wade is outstanding in pass pro at the Tackle position. If he's healthy I would play him. Don't judge Tackle Wade by what you saw from Guard Wade.
Again I have not seen him do what you think he can do as a Redskin. Sorry but this is a what have you done for me lately League. So can he do what you say he can and can he run block as well! I don't know that one way or another and you don't as well!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
god damn

I hope he makes it back
Old 09-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #74
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: Jansen's dislocated ankle

Even being at the game close to where JJ was laying, you knew the foot was not suposed to look anything like that. And his reactions while laying there were horrible,you knew it was very bad.

I hope he recovers and can see the football field again someday.....?
Thoughts & Prayers with JJ and family for a speedy recovery.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #75
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Wow...I didn't realize it was THAT bad.