Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Presidential Race 2024

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-06-2024, 09:14 AM   #1
nonniey
The Starter

Re: Presidential Race 2024

It's A. If somehow Trump becomes President he won't get a border bill as good as the one they are shooting down right now. I guess MAGA prefers the open borders we have now (Make no mistake that Biden mostly created) over the Bill which would actually have shut down the border over the last 4 months if it had been in effect.

It would be as if a ship captain stupidly ran onto the rocks and his opponents on the ship decided to prevent any effort to reduce flooding, because while the ship is sinking it hurts the captain.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:48 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
It's A. If somehow Trump becomes President he won't get a border bill as good as the one they are shooting down right now. I guess MAGA prefers the open borders we have now (Make no mistake that Biden mostly created) over the Bill which would actually have shut down the border over the last 4 months if it had been in effect.

It would be as if a ship captain stupidly ran onto the rocks and his opponents on the ship decided to prevent any effort to reduce flooding, because while the ship is sinking it hurts the captain.
With all that is going on , him shooting down the Boarder deal, Abortion issue and his criminal trials I still don't understand how his maga cult can follow him. Not a Biden fan and would take Nicki Haley over any of them , is she the best ,no but better then the others I hope she can stay in long enough till trump goes to jail.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:58 PM   #3
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

I had been wondering why the civil trial for damages had not concluded. Well it seems Alan Weisselberg may be in talks about a plea deal on a perjury charge regarding his testimony in the original trial. Judge has delayed his ruling until this is resolved. If he does plead guilty this can't be good news for old Donnie with regard thee punishment is company will absorb.

I could have sworn he campaigned on the promise to drain the swamp of corruption. If he pleads guilty how many Trump people have now been convicted or plead to felonies?* I have honestly lost count.

.*https://apnews.com/article/trump-wei...9976452b42e6a2
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:13 PM   #4
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I had been wondering why the civil trial for damages had not concluded. Well it seems Alan Weisselberg may be in talks about a plea deal on a perjury charge regarding his testimony in the original trial. Judge has delayed his ruling until this is resolved. If he does plead guilty this can't be good news for old Donnie with regard thee punishment is company will absorb.

I could have sworn he campaigned on the promise to drain the swamp of corruption. If he pleads guilty how many Trump people have now been convicted or plead to felonies?* I have honestly lost count.

.*https://apnews.com/article/trump-wei...9976452b42e6a2
Trump is easily the most corrupt President in history. Can't get swampier than him. Doesn't matter though, as MAGA has become a full-blown cult whose members believe he can do no wrong.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:57 PM   #5
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Trump is easily the most corrupt President in history. Can't get swampier than him. Doesn't matter though, as MAGA has become a full-blown cult whose members believe he can do no wrong.
As a new poster I have to admit that I looked over the posts before engaging. I was glad to see most here are sensible, I've grown a bit tired of the Trump Cult people.

But all this probably belongs in the Trump Trials thread.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:34 PM   #6
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
As a new poster I have to admit that I looked over the posts before engaging. I was glad to see most here are sensible, I've grown a bit tired of the Trump Cult people.

But all this probably belongs in the Trump Trials thread.
Well, there is one complete jackass that posts here, who is even worse than the boards sole Trump supporter. He's is very anti-Trump, but ironically is the most Trump like of anyone I have ever seen posting on social media.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:04 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, there is one complete jackass that posts here, who is even worse than the boards sole Trump supporter. He's is very anti-Trump, but ironically is the most Trump like of anyone I have ever seen posting on social media.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:06 AM   #8
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Damn, Haley lost against "None of these People" in the race...lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikki-hal...052955016.html
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:03 AM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's all about the write-in vote. Wow, Haley, just drop out of the race and stop wasting people's money. Talk about part of the swamp. Raking in cash with a 0% chance of actually winning anything besides a train ticket back to S.C.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:48 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Imagine being so fucking dumb to think Biden didn’t create the border crisis. He doesn’t need a bill to stop illegals…he has to apply the laws on the books.

I’ll have to post Bill Meliguen thread which lays out specific policies Biden enacted which caused the crisis.

Sad we actually ignore policy and point the finger out a guy out of office for 3 years. Pathetic and weak

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 06:35 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Imagine being so fucking dumb to think Biden didn’t create the border crisis. He doesn’t need a bill to stop illegals…he has to apply the laws on the books.

Sad we actually ignore policy and point the finger out a guy out of office for 3 years. Pathetic and weak
You're right no illegals ever came across before Biden came into Office! You don't think a Bill that both sides want and negotiated and need and is indorsed by the Boarder Agents i s needed. Pretty ignorant of you.
Old 02-07-2024, 08:29 PM   #12
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

I’ll have to post Bill Meliguen thread which lays out specific policies Biden enacted which caused the crisis.

Who said Biden didn't create what is largely going on at the border?? My post specifically stated he did, in fact, cause what we have now. Under Trump, the courts prevented him from enacting several boarder control measures because he didn't have the authority (Specifically with asylum seekers which the vast majority are now). This bill would have given more authority to the President and Border patrol to close the border and turn away the majority of those seeking asylum. More importantly catch and release would have ended.

Sinema (You know the Sen the Dems hate??) pointed out the border shutdown would have already triggered if the Bill had passed and the 20K asylum seekers that crossed since the bill was stopped would have been prevented from crossing.

The Bill was stopped because Trump knows how bad the border is benefits him for the election. True, Biden can become as restrictive as Trump was, but that wasn't and isn't good enough to stop the flow (example more crossed under Trump than Obama until the 2020 pandemic closed migration worldwide). Bottomline, even if Trump gets back in he won't be able to match what this bill would have done. But as usual it is Trump before country for him and his supporters.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:32 PM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

You (and many other GOPers) keep parroting this bullshit. Let your fellow Republican Chip Roy (who is no moderate) tell you the actual truth about the border.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...73072623677628

Chico, I want to play this 3-4 times. This man was a hard supporter of Trump his first term. He's calling Trump and fellow Republicans on their blatant lies about the border.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:11 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ers-rcna137823

In his second mix-up this week, Biden talks about meeting with dead European leaders

Totally normal…same reason he done no interviews with the media and never takes any questions from the press. Dementia ridden and why the country is dealing with multiple crisis either at the border, can’t afford to put food on the table as rent, food and energy prices have hit all times highs, first time homebuyers can’t afford the market and war in Ukraine and Middle East.

He can’t do the job. Biden and only Biden has lead us to this point. Also a reminder the Democrats held both houses in Congress and the Presidency the first 2 years….they did this together folks.

Enjoy what you voted for.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:52 AM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ers-rcna137823

In his second mix-up this week, Biden talks about meeting with dead European leaders

Totally normal…same reason he done no interviews with the media and never takes any questions from the press. Dementia ridden and why the country is dealing with multiple crisis either at the border, can’t afford to put food on the table as rent, food and energy prices have hit all times highs, first time homebuyers can’t afford the market and war in Ukraine and Middle East.

He can’t do the job. Biden and only Biden has lead us to this point. Also a reminder the Democrats held both houses in Congress and the Presidency the first 2 years….they did this together folks.

Enjoy what you voted for.

LOL, chico covering for trump throwing rocks at his own house!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/02/polit...ups/index.html

Trump took the stage in Sioux City, Iowa, and mistakenly thanked supporters for coming out to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, before an Iowa state senator tried to discreetly correct him — a moment that was caught on a hot mic.

During a summit in Washington, DC, Trump claimed that Biden could “plunge the world into World War II” – which ended nearly 80 years ago – and appeared to confuse Biden and former President Barack Obama, saying he was leading Obama in election polls.

The recent missteps have created an unwelcome wrinkle for Trump, his campaign team and the larger Republican political apparatus. Republicans have questioned whether Biden is able to serve as commander-in-chief, pointing to his age and mental fitness. But their own primary front-runner seems to be suffering the same predicament, making their argument less potent.

Trump incorrectly said Viktor Orbán, the prime minister of Hungary, was the prime minister of Turkey – he quickly corrected that error. He has repeatedly mispronounced Hamas (huh-maas), the name of the Palestinian militant group that launched a deadly terror attack on Israel, as hummus.

And, during a rally in South Carolina in September, Trump confused former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, one of Trump’s 2016 GOP rivals, with his brother, former President George W. Bush

“When I came here, everyone thought Bush was going to win,” he said at that rally.
“They thought Bush because Bush supposedly was a military person… he got us into the, uh, he got us into the Middle East. How did that work out, right?”

Trump’s rivals have been working to capitalize on his latest set of unnecessary errors, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, whose presidential campaign has largely stalled under a barrage of attacks from the former president.