Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #61
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Also, the kicking unit needs a special mention. ANOTHER ****ing blocked kick. I don't know if it's the blockers sucking that much or if Gano's taking too long before starting to kick, but whoever is at fault needs a BIG **** YOU for sucking ass 7 games into the season.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 10-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #62
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Also, the kicking unit needs a special mention. ANOTHER ****ing blocked kick. I don't know if it's the blockers sucking that much or if Gano's taking too long before starting to kick, but whoever is at fault needs a BIG **** YOU for sucking ass 7 games into the season.
It looked to me like Gano's kick was too low in trajectory.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I didn't see a single second of today's game. House hunting. So I can't comment at all. But I heard it was worse than the score indicated. Oh well. On to next week I suppose
Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #64
mbedner3420
The Starter

Everyone chill out. We are in the middle of a rebuild. If your bitching about losing, you shouldn't have demanded a rebuild in the first place.

We are just experiencing growing pains. Calm down everyone. Take your lips off the barrel and realize it may take another draft or two before we have developed a consistent winner... we'll get there though.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #65
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
You are one messed up individual.
fact. alot of guys only get to enjoy bar time from kickoff to end whistle.

reality. i really only get let out of the cage from kickoff to end whistle.

today i didnt get let out until roughly 5 mins left in 2nd quarter. around 4:17 we pulled up to whole foods and I was able, after negotiation, to wait in the car and to listen to sunny and the game as i waited for her to go into wholefoods shopipng. we got home. she complained about how she mentioned the dish washer was ready for dirty dishes, not that she said she wanted me to actually do the dirty dishes, just that she mentioned that the dish washer was full of dirty dishes. she then very forcefully talked about how i was up this morning and could have done the dishes. i started to do the dishes even though i literally told her as soon as i got everything inside the house from shopping, "ok im going to the bar, i done missed almost the first half!" i literally asked permission, then was granted permission, to leave the rest of the dirty dishes and run to the bar.

i dont know what you mean by messed up. literrally she is making me enchiladas, the past 20 mins i was away from here was bc she called me away and now she is calling me from downstairs in this eerie "punkipie" voice . . .help me HelP MEEe!!!! im already dead. im just paying out the motions. i think we have top chef lined up for tonight. joy.\\she speaks form the kitche
Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I didn't see a single second of today's game. House hunting. So I can't comment at all. But I heard it was worse than the score indicated. Oh well. On to next week I suppose

I am moving so I had it on but thankfully missed some
Old 10-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #67
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Everyone chill out. We are in the middle of a rebuild. If your bitching about losing, you shouldn't have demanded a rebuild in the first place.

We are just experiencing growing pains. Calm down everyone. Take your lips off the barrel and realize it may take another draft or two before we have developed a consistent winner... we'll get there though.
I agree wholeheartedly.

PS: I'd like to ask for smackdown of Geico/Orakpo's new commercial spot where he and the caveman are playing scrabble in a park. Terrible...
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #68
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
What would Mike say to Kyle ..... you're fired .... " momma's boy " ?
He should give Ozzie Gullien a call

Ozzie Guillen Fires Own Son - MLB Trade Rumors Forums

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen says he told son Oney to resign from White Sox - ESPN Chicago

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM   #69
PFunk26
Special Teams

Today is the first Skins game in a looooong time I slept through most of it and im glad I did
Old 10-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #70
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post

Agreed, now let's start playing the young guys on a regular basis:

Paul
Hankerson
Austin
Helu
Thompson
Gomes

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #71
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Lucky you. (to have missed this steaming pile of doo doo they displayed)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #72
Ruhskins
Living Legend

We are not a rebuilding team, we just plain suck. Last year, instead of trying to win right away with McNabb, change to a new defense, or spend the entire season teaching Haynesworth a lesson, Mike Shanahan should have been focusing on fixing the offense. Instead, we got duped by the Eagles, have spent a lot of resources on an average defense, and still have the same problems on the offensive side of the ball.

And f*ck this culture change, I thought it was there, but it isn't there. There are supposedly worst teams out there that are playing with more heart and desire, despite the lack of talent. I don't see that on this team. There is no sense of urgency, there is no sense of wanting to play hard.

I wasn't expecting a super bowl, a playoff run, nor a winning season. But I wasn't expecting this piss poor performance period. We have yet to have a coach on this team that takes a look at the players that they have, and figures out a way to use whatever talents they have to the best of their abilities. With scheme, it seems to be my way or the highway with coaches (the latest being a focus on passing and switching to a brand new defensive scheme).

I will still root for my Redskins, but it is going to be a long season since we seem to be dealing with the results of last year's bad decisions.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #73
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We are not a rebuilding team,
Yes we are. You have to read between the lines. When Shanny first took over this team, he flat out said it was going to take some time (stayed away from the "rebuilding" word though) but we were going to be competitive. He also said in a interview (regarding his son Kyle) that he actually advised him to stay in Houston because it was a better situation.

It's not hard to understand what this man is saying. He's saying it's a team full of garbage talent and it's going to take time to replace it. Guess what? Nothing has changed. It's STILL going to take time.

If you look back at the latest WP article regarding the whole Danny/Vinny/Shanny/Zorn fiasco, you also see that the source (aka..vinny) specifically said that Shanny told Danny boy that even if he did take over the team mid-season, it still wouldn't change the results. He's saying YOU GOT A SHITTY TEAM.

Learn to read coach speak.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #74
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk26 View Post
Today is the first Skins game in a looooong time I slept through most of it and im glad I did
i shook george clinton's hand back in 94 or somewhere around there. by far they hardest most calloused hand i had ever touched. really let you know you were touching the hand of a man who gave it all and gave his all for a very long time to the funk . .he gave it up every night. played for a good 6 hours at the warner theater down in DC. they just kept rotating people on and off the stage . . they didnt stop making noise all night, really really awesome. much better seeing them in their natural environment than some cheese payday show like lolapalooza or something like that.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Yes we are. You have to read between the lines. When Shanny first took over this team, he flat out said it was going to take some time (stayed away from the "rebuilding" word though) but we were going to be competitive. He also said in a interview (regarding his son Kyle) that he actually advised him to stay in Houston because it was a better situation.

It's not hard to understand what this man is saying. He's saying it's a team full of garbage talent and it's going to take time to replace it. Guess what? Nothing has changed. It's STILL going to take time.

If you look back at the latest WP article regarding the whole Danny/Vinny/Shanny/Zorn fiasco, you also see that the source (aka..vinny) specifically said that Shanny told Danny boy that even if he did take over the team mid-season, it still wouldn't change the results. He's saying YOU GOT A SHITTY TEAM.

Learn to read coach speak.
So what if this was a shitty team, he hasn't done much about it because I don't see an ounce of change on this team. Our offense still sucks, our defense is somewhat okay, we still have a problem at QB, and we play with no desire.

Like I said, I didn't expect a winning team, but I also didn't expect Jim-Zorn-circa-the-swinging-gate-play type of team.
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 10-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote