Post game dallas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Post game dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just too many injuries to be competitive right now. I’m not even mad.
That's what most skins fans were saying during the game, we even told Dallas fans that they would beat us because of the injuries. I told my wife going to the game that it's not looking to promising, she was like "anything can happen" I said... No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #62
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Think what team lost all of it's starting receiving core,your starter at RB,two starting DE's and a corner back at times two and two starting linebackers?Check out the injuries to the other teams in your own division.
All I am saying is at the NFL level injuries are affecting every team and it 's not an excuse ,it's a next man up philosophy.
Which is why your team sucks. So, you have to agree that injuries DO affect a team, otherwise, what you just said is a huge contradiction.

The Redskins lead the league with players on IR. That says a lot right there. Simply put, when three of your linemen are out, two of those are pro bowl players by the way, another starter gets hurt, and the other starter playing hurt, then to assume it's business as usual and just plug in other names and keep it going should be expected is a ridiculous notion to assume. It's not an excuse at all. Simply put, when your whole offensive line is hurt and out, your whole offense suffers. I don't care if Tom Brady is your quarterback and you're throwing to Jerry Rice and Lynn Swann, or handing the ball off to Barry Sanders, your offense isn't going to work nearly as well as it does when your starting offensive line is healthy. Not only that, we had guys starting on that offensive line that weren't even on the team last week.

So, don't go with the "excuses" mentality, because it isn't an excuse.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #63
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

The part that was most frustrating to me is that we WERE in the game despite the injuries. I mean good for us in the fact that we were at least competitive down to the wire considering all the stupid shit we did. If I'm the Cowboys, I'd be truly concerned.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #64
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
I am amazed at the reactions here. The team as it is designed is devastated by injuries. Why such an over reaction? Heck, take out 4 of Dallas' 5 starting lineup, plus their best TE, Whitten, and their staring running back and I don't think Dallas would look very good either. The number of injuries is simply devastating. End of story.
If you eliminate some big mistakes the Skins win that game despite all the injuries. That damn blocked field goal was a 10 point swing the Skins could not afford. It seemed to turn the game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If you eliminate some big mistakes the Skins win that game despite all the injuries. That damn blocked field goal was a 10 point swing the Skins could not afford. It seemed to turn the game.
We were rolling and this killed all the momentum. Good call, this was the game changer... fucking special teams, always seems to be an issue this season. AND I forgot about Hopkins...8 starters out yesterday.

Without that play and one of the fumbles, we probably win the game.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #66
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
The "next man up philosophy" is some trite motto that can lose meaning when a team is dealing with an enormous amount of injuries. An excuse? No. Just reality.

Once again, no one said anything about the Giants' injuries and how they are or not dealing with them. We're speaking about the Redskins injuries. Those injuries are now starting to affect the team. Insurmountable, as Malcolm said earlier.
If you look at the post I was responding to you will see I was just saying that at this time of year every team is suffering from injuries. Injuries are never an excuse and you might feel that the "next man up"thing is a "trite motto" in the NFL it's real ,if the back up's can't get the jobs done then that is when a teams season is over.Has nothing to do with the Skins, Giants or Cowboys it has to do with how well a team can handle the injuries and not many can do it as well as the Patriots can but that is a great example of "next man up".
Old 10-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #67
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

As soon as Nsekhe is ready, Trent should have the surgery and be ready for next year.

Redskins weigh long-term effects of Trent Williams' worsening knee injury - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #68
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
every team is suffering from injuries. Injuries are never an excuse
Giantone - Im not sure why you are choosing to grind this axe or try to make a finite point .. injuries have handicapped our ability to play competitive football.

Yes, every team deals with injuries. Yes, "next man up" is a mantra for the NFL .... but injuries are a very real factor with our on field play and No, the cowboys had nothing close to what we had going on.

Wrong time and wrong place to try and make a pointless point.

Youve beaten the drum my friend. You made your point. It doesnt need to be repeated over and over.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #69
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
As soon as Nsekhe is ready, Trent should have the surgery and be ready for next year.

Redskins weigh long-term effects of Trent Williams' worsening knee injury - Washington Redskins Blog- ESPN
I didn't even realize T.J. Clemmings had to leave the game yesterday.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #70
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Giantone - Im not sure why you are choosing to grind this axe or try to make a finite point .. injuries have handicapped our ability to play competitive football.

Yes, every team deals with injuries. Yes, "next man up" is a mantra for the NFL .... but injuries are a very real factor with our on field play and No, the cowboys had nothing close to what we had going on.

Wrong time and wrong place to try and make a pointless point.

Youve beaten the drum my friend. You made your point. It doesnt need to be repeated over and over.
+1
I didn't feel like responding to his last message, but you stated it well enough, mountain.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #71
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Really the blocked FG was the difference in the game. The game should have been 16-7.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #72
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
The part that was most frustrating to me is that we WERE in the game despite the injuries. I mean good for us in the fact that we were at least competitive down to the wire considering all the stupid shit we did. If I'm the Cowboys, I'd be truly concerned.
Not only that, but a bad pass from Cousins to Pryor (assuming he would have caught it), the 'skins probably get in for TD on that drive. And of course, the blocked FG was just a huge swing of momentum. Sometimes, it's little things that can kill a team. I can almost gauge how the rest of the game is going to go by what happens in the late second quarter.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #73
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We were rolling and this killed all the momentum. Good call, this was the game changer... fucking special teams, always seems to be an issue this season. AND I forgot about Hopkins...8 starters out yesterday.

Without that play and one of the fumbles, we probably win the game.
Did Sundberg screw up the snap on that play or the missed Extra point?
Two bad snaps by Sundberg, Rose did a good job making one of them. WTF is going on with special teams?

Seems like there is a special teams fumble every week and our returners are 25th or worse in return average.

Why hasn't gruden addressed this?
I don't understand why we aren't making moves at WR and getting a guy as our 5th WR who can return kicks (RASHAD ROSS!!!!).
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #74
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Did Sundberg screw up the snap on that play or the missed Extra point?
Two bad snaps by Sundberg, Rose did a good job making one of them. WTF is going on with special teams?

Seems like there is a special teams fumble every week and our returners are 25th or worse in return average.

Why hasn't gruden addressed this?
I don't understand why we aren't making moves at WR and getting a guy as our 5th WR who can return kicks (RASHAD ROSS!!!!).
agree...I don't remember which was the botch snap. but special teams have been shit

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #75
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Not only that, but a bad pass from Cousins to Pryor (assuming he would have caught it), the 'skins probably get in for TD on that drive. And of course, the blocked FG was just a huge swing of momentum. Sometimes, it's little things that can kill a team. I can almost gauge how the rest of the game is going to go by what happens in the late second quarter.
He did catch the high throw, but the leaping effort pulled Pryor OB.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote