Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

I really didn't see anything of the interchange, except at the end when AH came out swinging, he looked like he was gonna take a head off. At the time, I thought it was uncalled for, but reading this debate, if BJ did take the first swing, he shoulda been ejected, and hopefully the fines coming up will differentiate between the instigator and the response
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #62
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashalexb View Post
Haynesworth playing 70% of the time is a bargain when you consider all of the other $100 million dollars players out there (all quarterbacks) who essentially take a play off every time they hand the ball off to a running back and that happens at least 40% of their playing time.
How 'bout Nate Clements signed by the 49ers a couple of years ago? That's still considered a monster contract and he's been less than stellar and oft injured.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Old 12-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #64
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Maybe the best thing that could happen for Albert would be a defensive coordinator with a scheme designed to take advantage of what he does best. Blaches' scheme does not provide that and one can clearly see his frustration as a result of it. I'm for keeping the big guy happy in hopes of getting his best effort all the time. His not being happy with the scheme could explain his attitude and his in and out of the lineup. He's not our first DL player that has acused the DC of holding them back. Scheme to fit the player as oposed to insisting the player fit the scheme.
I agree wholeheartedly that Blache needs to go and we need a DC who will more effectively use Big Al. That said, i'm not at all dissatisfied with what we've seen from Haynesworth this year. Haynesworth plays more snaps than almost any other defensive player. When he's on the field, he gives 100% every play. He doesnt stay on the field and "take plays off" like alot of guys. When he's tired, he comes out for a play or two so a guy with fresh legs can give 100%. Haynesworth has been worth every penny and i do not understand the hate he gets here.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #65
over the mountain
Playmaker

call me incompetent or stupid but the majority of the sentiment from titans fans on AH was that he is great for 8 games, non-factors for a few and then he'll miss the rest of the games. That he will get tired quickly and not be in there all the time when you really need him sometimes.

I love what AH brings to the table when he is in there, i rock one of his jerseys, but the titan fans opinion of him is holding up. at seasons end he will have missed 3-4 games. in the giants first drive he wasnt in there for the goalline stand. he gets winded and takes a knee a good bit.

he's a great player, i like the signing, like posters have said he really is on a 4-5 year contract for half of the reported 100 mil.

is someone really incompetent, stupid or whatever for opining that AH doesnt bring his full potential to the field b/c of his lack of conditioning? sometimes you all are just to quick to call people stupid or to insult people.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
thanks, so how was there not a facemask on Jacobs? I really missed that part altogether.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #67
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Haynesworth plays 70+% of his defense's snaps, takes a breather on the sideline and he's a wimp...Riggins played 70+% of his offense's snaps (I'm guessing), sucks down oxygen every time he sat on the sidelines and he's a warrior
where are you all finding this stat that AH plays 70+% of the defensive snaps? (im not being rhetorical or contrite, i would honestly like to know).

i just dont see how that is possible since he has already missed 2-3 entire games this year.

and for the record, i love what AH brings and all that good jazz but i feel criticsm of his conditioning is justified if a fan wants to hold that opinion which i do to a small degree.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #68
MTK
\m/

I'm guessing he means 70% of the snaps in games that he's played.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #69
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
call me incompetent or stupid but the majority of the sentiment from titans fans on AH was that he is great for 8 games, non-factors for a few and then he'll miss the rest of the games. That he will get tired quickly and not be in there all the time when you really need him sometimes.

I love what AH brings to the table when he is in there, i rock one of his jerseys, but the titan fans opinion of him is holding up. at seasons end he will have missed 3-4 games. in the giants first drive he wasnt in there for the goalline stand. he gets winded and takes a knee a good bit.
all that shows is that titans fans were just as ignorant as some redskins fans. the facts show haynesworth plays more than most other defensive players. the facts show he makes other defensive players around him better (see titans defensive ends sacks this year). NFL players, who know how he plays first-hand, have consistently voted him the best defensive player in the league.

haynesworth gets more attention because his physical size and the size of his contract. when other players come out of the game, it goes unnoticed. But when Haynesworth goes out, everyone raises their arms in the air and say he's out of shape. its a freaking double standard. those who adhere to it are either whiners, ignorant, or just plain prejudiced.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #70
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
While all the a-holes on the team were smiling and shaking hands Mr. Haynesworth looked like a man who lost his only child last night. Thank you Mr. Haynesworth for playing with heart, and more importantly, taking the loss personally.

Edit :Mod, please fix the spelling of appreciation in the thread title. Thanks.
AH always looks like that and he probably looked like that in his family christmas picture.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #71
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
where are you all finding this stat that AH plays 70+% of the defensive snaps? (im not being rhetorical or contrite, i would honestly like to know).

i just dont see how that is possible since he has already missed 2-3 entire games this year.

and for the record, i love what AH brings and all that good jazz but i feel criticsm of his conditioning is justified if a fan wants to hold that opinion which i do to a small degree.
You can't compare the endurance of a 350 lb defenisve tackle to a 180 lb cornerback. The cornerback is going to have much more endurance. But if he goes full speed at two 350lb offensive linemen, he's going to get destroyed. i think people's expectations for a Haynesworth are completely unrealistic.

If you're going to criticize his conditioning , please give us something to compare him to. Please show me a 350 lb defensive takle who is better "conditioned" than Haynesworth. Name one. Just one. And if you can find one, please share their stats with us. Please.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #72
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
1) all that shows is that titans fans were just as ignorant as some redskins fans.

2) the facts show haynesworth plays more than most other defensive players.

3) the facts show he makes other defensive players around him better (see titans defensive ends sacks this year).

4) NFL players, who know how he plays first-hand, have consistently voted him the best defensive player in the league.

5) those who adhere to it are either whiners, ignorant, or just plain prejudiced.
1) lol . .. . so saying someone who questions AH conditioning is ignorant? seriously?

2) please show me the stat that AH has played 70% of the defensive snaps. i think your making an educated guess.

3) agreed. the same people, experts etc who question his conditioning also say he makes everyone around him better

4) they have also said he takes plays off, will lay on the ground faking injury just to catch his breath, etc. ... you're referring to these same players right?

5) anyone with a different viewpoint from you is ignorant, prejudiced ect . . .

just like anyone who posted this offseason that CP has lost a step, not worth the money or headache was ignorant, prejudiced stupid etc. . . hows that 10 players to cut list looking now?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #73
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You can't compare the endurance of a 350 lb defenisve tackle to a 180 lb cornerback. The cornerback is going to have much more endurance. But if he goes full speed at two 350lb offensive linemen, he's going to get destroyed. i think people's expectations for a Haynesworth are completely unrealistic.

If you're going to criticize his conditioning , please give us something to compare him to. Please show me a 350 lb defensive takle who is better "conditioned" than Haynesworth. Name one. Just one. And if you can find one, please share their stats with us. Please.
BHA you just dont get it. Im saying AH is a great player but i dont think a fan mentioning or questioning his conditioning makes them stupid.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #74
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm guessing he means 70% of the snaps in games that he's played.
Exactly. From the Washington Times

NYG 46 of 64 = 72%
Stl 45 of 53 = 85%
Det 36 of 79 = 46%
TB 45 of 57 = 80%
Car 50 of 63 = 80%
KC 56 of 74 = 76%
Phila 42 of 58 = 72%
Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #75
53Fan
Franchise Player

Jacobs is a punk. I've got no problem whatsoever with what AH did. I kinda wish he'd of stomped his ass, but I'm sure the league would have really stuck it to him. Anyone who doesn't think you should have your team mates back comes from a different kind of football than I do.