Stick a fork in em', they are done!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #61
44Deezel
The Starter

Re: Stick a fork in em', they are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
^^^ I didn't know we only beat two playoff teams last year, anybody else? I knew the NFC East was a joke, which allowed us to win the division, but sounds like we really just had an especially easy schedule last season overall.

I do think RG can be salvaged as a QB, but highly highly highly doubt there's a coach currently on staff to do it. And then you still have a team that's otherwise a mess. Mike has made the team worse than the one he inherited. Way worse on defense. About the same on offense apart from the RO as a new gimmick to the league.

Would really love a coach like Lovie Smith who consistently produced a truly top defense and a disciplined team overall. Find a OC genius to work with RG under Lovie. Let that group rebuild this team.
They beat the champs at least. How many teams on this year's schedule will make the playoffs? Broncos for sure. Bears, Lions and Packers can't all go. Falcons? Chiefs? Dare I say, Cowboys?

Let's say 4 or 5. They don't need to win more than 2-3 of those games. 9-7 could win the division. They win the division and it's 2 less games they would have played against playoff teams.

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #62
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
You can't have a truly dominant, top tier defense and not be disciplined. The two things go hand in hand. Saw stats on the Bears defense recently throughout Lovie's tenure and it's truly amazing how good that unit was.

I see Lovie as a solid leader and again phenomenal defensive mind, but he needs a very good OC to run the offense. I think just about any OC would jump at the prospect of working with RG, right?
Who cares about Defense? Has anyone been watching the last few Super Bowls? What was the final score last year? Where did the Patriots and Giants rank on Defense?

The Skins were up 14-0 on the Seahawks in the playoffs last year with a Defense that ranked near the bottom. Yes, they played better down the stretch, but so could this year's squad.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #63
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think if we lose against Oakland the season is done. I understand we would only be 0-4, but you're talking about having to then win I think at least 10 games to make the playoffs. 9 and 7 might do it but you are saying the team would only lose 3 more games.

Could we run the tables and go 12-4? Maybe. Any NFL history buffs know if a team has ever opened at 0-4 and went on to make the playoffs? What's the worst start to the season to still go to the playoffs? 0-6 and then win 10 straight games??
I'm hoping this seasons Skins can pull off what Marty's skins did. Even if they don't make the playoffs give us something to get excited about?
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #64
Green Monk Machine

I'm a little dismayed from the absolute denial from some of you homers. It's admirable to go down swinging, but after the 3rd straight thumping it has to be wondered if there's brain trauma.
Unless you believe Hulk hogan really got his power from cheering fans or that Rocky could really take a trashing even into the 6th movie and still be a champion, than you guys are just as hopeless and only bound for further pain. I would hate to profit off disillusioned skins fans but put some money on it. There is no Santa stop believing.
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #65
Green Monk Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
I'm hoping this seasons Skins can pull off what Marty's skins did. Even if they don't make the playoffs give us something to get excited about?
I need that at least to hold my head up during the offseason. I like football too much to be a skins fan. No fan should have to realize their teams season is over before the end of the first month.
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #66
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So penalties, penalty yards. That doesn't really matter?
That only matters if Shanahan is coaching.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #67
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Pretty much all of this:

Note to Mike, I have no idea what you're doing and neither does anyone else.

Note to Kyel, they've figured you out!

Note to Haslett, nothing you call is likely to be effective. Try to be as effective as possible.

Note to Hall, no one is back there to cover your ass and you're a bum.

Note to Wilson, you are the best DB we have but that's like saying saden1 is the best armchair coach on the warpath.

Note to Rambo, you ain't Rambo, you is Rammed.

Note RG3, keep your mouth shut and watch your back.

Note to Morris, I'm sorry.

Note to Trent, you had the worse game of your career last week and you better get your mofo hands out of your pockets.

Note to London, you can't coach bums.

Note to DL, if you can't stop a nosebleed then how do you expect to stop a RB?

Note to OL, you're doing a decent job in the second half.

Interesting, perhaps you can further enlighten me with a critique of your own? I would love to get your take on coaches, players, personal groups, etc.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #68
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
I need that at least to hold my head up during the offseason. I like football too much to be a skins fan. No fan should have to realize their teams season is over before the end of the first month.
This is a great quote. I really feel the same way. It is a shame that only 4 weeks into the new season we know that our season is lost. It makes me think back to past years when it's October and the skins are already mathematically eliminated....
Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #69
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

It'll be interesting to see the 180's after Sunday's game.

If only the Mod's would give us a color coded system by which we could see forum members state of mind, based on their past 10 football related posts.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #70
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Was the plan all along, to put RG3 in knowing he wouldn't be 100%, because playing in games would help get him up to speed quicker?

Seems like a horrible risk of injury to RG3 (that hasn't blown up *yet*), and I would rather had Cousins come in and we win at least one game (Lions or Eagles), rather than tank the first 3 games. Cousins is no controversy to replace a healthy RG3.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #71
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Was the plan all along, to put RG3 in knowing he wouldn't be 100%, because playing in games would help get him up to speed quicker?

Seems like a horrible risk of injury to RG3 (that hasn't blown up *yet*), and I would rather had Cousins come in and we win at least one game (Lions or Eagles), rather than tank the first 3 games. Cousins is no controversy to replace a healthy RG3.
I think it might be over either way for cousins in DC. There was all those rumors in the offseason about Mike was debating on starting cousins until RG3 was healthy, and the good question was asked - what if Cousins gets hot or they are on a winning streak.

If they put Cousins in now, and the team wins, or starts winning, there would be a controversy, so I see MS sticking to RG3 no matter how bad it goes, and trading Cousins in the offseason. It's obvious they won't use him here and I think KC is a good guy and deserves to play somewhere...
Old 09-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #72
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I think it might be over either way for cousins in DC. There was all those rumors in the offseason about Mike was debating on starting cousins until RG3 was healthy, and the good question was asked - what if Cousins gets hot or they are on a winning streak.

If they put Cousins in now, and the team wins, or starts winning, there would be a controversy, so I see MS sticking to RG3 no matter how bad it goes, and trading Cousins in the offseason. It's obvious they won't use him here and I think KC is a good guy and deserves to play somewhere...
I have no idea if this is true, but if so it's the biggest indictment yet of shanny's poor coaching/leadership. His job is to win, not placate any one player on the team. That said, I'm not sure cousins would have fared better. The line has been shit, the play-calling and scheme even worse until garbage time and you can't really evaluate anything then anyway, and the overall motivation on both sides of the ball as bad as the 2nd half of '09 when everyone gave up on zorn. RG is the least of this teams problems. Even accounting for his two mistakes last Sunday, he put the team in position to still win the game and Robinson bobbled a perfectly thrown ball. When you watch this team play by play, you see Mikes failure throughout, whether it's polumbus at RT or another asinine pitch 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, really hard to see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #73
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I have no idea if this is true, but if so it's the biggest indictment yet of shanny's poor coaching/leadership. His job is to win, not placate any one player on the team. That said, I'm not sure cousins would have fared better. The line has been shit, the play-calling and scheme even worse until garbage time and you can't really evaluate anything then anyway, and the overall motivation on both sides of the ball as bad as the 2nd half of '09 when everyone gave up on zorn. RG is the least of this teams problems. Even accounting for his two mistakes last Sunday, he put the team in position to still win the game and Robinson bobbled a perfectly thrown ball. When you watch this team play by play, you see Mikes failure throughout, whether it's polumbus at RT or another asinine pitch 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, really hard to see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #74
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

note to whom it may concern. this thread makes me sick.

if the players had that very same attitude then yea our season is lost. but something tells me they have a lot more fight than that quitter attitude.

weve gotten the worst hands dealt to us these past few weeks. a lot of bad luck and miscues. ull c. if not, at least they'll try. then well make our assements like professionals.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I have no idea what rumor snake and goat are talking about