A Signing Already?!

Thread Hell

Old 01-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Is it hard being a full time hypocrite Joe, or is that just a part time gig for ya? This is the perfect example of a kool aid drinker, whatever the FO and beloved Gibbs does is full of roses and sunshine.
If you paid any attention at all to Joe's posts over the past few years you'd know that what you're saying is a bunch of bull. He offers very balanced, well thought analysis praising the Redskins when deserved and critiquing them when necessary.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
If you paid any attention at all to Joe's posts over the past few years you'd know that what you're saying is a bunch of bull. He offers very balanced, well thought analysis praising the Redskins when deserved and critiquing them when necessary.
Ahhhh, shucks <kicks dirt and blushes>

So will you take me to the prom?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Ahhhh, shucks <kicks dirt and blushes>

So will you take me to the prom?
paulskinsfan can drive us to the dance
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Well....considering one of our best players and "core Redskins", Mike Sellers palyed in the CFL, I dont see why we can't give this kid a shot. Its not like we just signed him to start for us in the Super Bowl; he is going to try out for the friggin team...who cares!?!?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Hmmmm, lets see Joe, wasn't it you that said how CFL players were CLEARLY inferior to NFL players? Boy, you don't talk out of both sides of your mouth do ya?
Man, you had to do some digging for that one. First, here's the quote referenced:

Quote:
I used to watch the CFL back when they had a team in Baltimore. Maybe times have changed, but I could tell the talent difference easily. The CFL'ers were a clearly a beat or two slower. The window's of opportunity were larger in the CFL: QB's had more margin for error, the holes were slightly bigger for RB's, etc. The speed and power of the NFL players was just so clearly a cut above the CFL guys.
I stand by this statement - In general CFL players are definitely a cut below the generic NFL player. At the same time, I believe the NFL just inducted someone named Warren Moon into their hall of fame. Hmmmm, where did he start his career? What about that Garcia guy up in Philly? Didn't he come from the same league. Not saying Mr. Wilson is in that class at all, just saying to every rule there are exceptions. Further, in case I haven't been clear, I don't think Mr. Wilson is a good signing, I just don't think it is a given that it's a bad signing. In fact, I put in the class of "so-what" signing.

Quote:
Is it hard being a full time hypocrite Joe, or is that just a part time gig for ya? This is the perfect example of a kool aid drinker, whatever the FO and beloved Gibbs does is full of roses and sunshine.
1) Don't call me a hypocrite. I have NEVER asserted that this was some brilliant move by our FO - I have just consistently said it's no big deal one way or the other. 2) While I am firmly in the Gibbs camp, I am not so much that I blind to the personnel errors in the past - particularly this past year (Duckette, Archuletta, Lloyd, Pierce, Clark). But I also recognize their successes (Taylor, Washington, Moss, Cooley, Griffen, Springs). Finally,
I am no fan of Cerrato - and I think that as long as he is the prism through which Gibbs sees talent, there will be problems.

Now tell me, why does a near meaningless signing of someone who is likely to be a practice team player have you so damn pissed off?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
JoeRedskin

Here is the quote he is talking about - it's from a thread about a year ago in which someone came on board to use us as a science project by claiming that a CFL all-star team could beat an NFL team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
I used to watch the CFL back when they had a team in Baltimore. Maybe times have changed, but I could tell the talent difference easily. The CFL'ers were a clearly a beat or two slower. The window's of opportunity were larger in the CFL: QB's had more margin for error, the holes were slightly bigger for RB's, etc. The speed and power of the NFL players was just so clearly a cut above the CFL guys.
As I said earlier, I stand by this statement - as a general comment about the level of competition between NFL players and CFL players. It was a general statement, made a year ago and taken out of context. I haven't scoured that particular thread, but I bet somewhere in it I acknowledged that some CFL players can make the leap and be solid NFL'ers.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Here is the quote he is talking about - it's from a thread about a year ago in which someone came on board to use us as a science project by claiming that a CFL all-star team could beat an NFL team.

As I said earlier, I stand by this statement - as a general comment about the level of competition between NFL players and CFL players. It was a general statement, made a year ago and taken out of context. I haven't scoured that particular thread, but I bet somewhere in it I acknowledged that some CFL players can make the leap and be solid NFL'ers.
Yeah that's the same statement I saw. I'm looking for the one where you unilaterally declared every single CFL player inferior with none ever having any shot whatsoever of making it in the NFL.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Yeah that's the same statement I saw. I'm looking for the one where you unilaterally declared every single CFL player inferior with none ever having any shot whatsoever of making it in the NFL.
Well, aren't they?? What NFL team would spend any time whatsoever even watching the CFL when it is so ab-so-f'ing-clear that everyone of their players is just a little-girly man that pees in his pants when confronted by the big bad boys of an NFL practice squad. If some agent put together a highlight film of a starting DE playing for a championship CFL team and sent it to an NFL team he knew was in need of DE/LB help - I bet that team would just trash it without even opening it up.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
paulskinsfan

Quote:
Well, aren't they?? What NFL team would spend any time whatsoever even watching the CFL when it is so ab-so-f'ing-clear that everyone of their players is just a little-girly man that pees in his pants when confronted by the big bad boys of an NFL practice squad. If some agent put together a highlight film of a starting DE playing for a championship CFL team and sent it to an NFL team he knew was in need of DE/LB help - I bet that team would just trash it without even opening it up.

Man, its truly pathetic when you won't concede your inconsistencies. You stated that it was clear, IN YOUR OWN OPINION, that CFLers were a step or two slower and the talent level was inferior. Then you bash me for bashing on the FO for siging a CFLer to a 3 year deal, a CFLer who wasn't even a pro bowler in freakin Canada. Again, why is the FO wasting time scouting players in Canada, where, according to your own opinion the players are not as talented, when the draft and free agency in the NFL is coming? Im done with the thread, you can't argue with someone who won't concede points or admit when he is wrong.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
JoeRedskin

Page 5 and counting.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
paulskinsfan

Well, I'll say this. If we signed a Canadian it means someone, somewhere in the organization spent scouting time and resources in Canada rather than evaluating the upcoming draft and free agency. They didn't just sign him sight unseen, resources were expended here, and clearly those resources could be better utilized evaluating people who are have NFL level talent. Nice Canadian picks by the way, all QBs. And by the way, Joey, you hurled the first insults so don't act all surprised when someone gets a little ticked off with your tone.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Well, I'll say this. If we signed a Canadian it means someone, somewhere in the organization spent scouting time and resources in Canada rather than evaluating the upcoming draft and free agency. They didn't just sign him sight unseen, resources were expended here, and clearly those resources could be better utilized evaluating people who are have NFL level talent. Nice Canadian picks by the way, all QBs. And by the way, Joey, you hurled the first insults so don't act all surprised when someone gets a little ticked off with your tone.
I think you're getting way too worked up over this move.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #13
JoeRedskin

Quote:
I think you're getting way too worked up over this move.
That's kinda been my point.

Also, if I have been insulting its only b/c I am right and PSF is so very very wrong. Besides, if you want to be insulting, please be correct about it. My posts were neither hypocritical nor examples of a Joe Gibbs Kool-Aid drinker.

There may have been some typos - you can legitimately call me up on those.

And the name is "Joe" not "Joey" - that's just doofy.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #14
paulskinsfan

Quote:
That's kinda been my point.

Also, if I have been insulting its only b/c I am right and PSF is so very very wrong. Besides, if you want to be insulting, please be correct about it. My posts were neither hypocritical nor examples of a Joe Gibbs Kool-Aid drinker.

There may have been some typos - you can legitimately call me up on those.

And the name is "Joe" not "Joey" - that's just doofy.

Nahh Joey, you're not hypocritical....stating that CFL players are all CLEARLY inferior, then defending a move to sign a CFL player, who didn't even make the freakin Canadian all pro team, to a 3 year contract while wasting scouting resources and time, nope, nothin hypocritical about that, you are so CLEARLY RIGHT!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Nahh Joey, you're not hypocritical....stating that CFL players are all CLEARLY inferior, then defending a move to sign a CFL player, who didn't even make the freakin Canadian all pro team, to a 3 year contract while wasting scouting resources and time, nope, nothin hypocritical about that, you are so CLEARLY RIGHT!!!
Paulie, where did JoeRedskin say that CFL players are all clearly inferior? I haven't seen it (you can just PM it to me)?