Debating with the enemy

Old 05-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What's an FM? Frantic Moron I assume.

No, not at all. You can't spell worth a damn. And I've told you many times I think you're the worst I've ever seen. But I don't think you're a moron
I was thinking Fish Monger

Advertisements
Old 05-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #62
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
All they Rs are doing is destroying his brand and maybe (very maybe) they can pick the seat up. Nothing legal will come of it but ultimately BO was elected on the promise that he was different and didn't buy into all this insider DC BS. So soaking him in the aura of dirty politics is simply an exercise in killing this widespread(but shrinking) belief that BO is anything other than the same old same old. Be sure that this is about maintaining the position for Nov '10 but also building a case against BO in '12.
You nailed it.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #63
GMScud
Swearinger

Pretty murky...

Gibbs: 'I'd refer you to the memo' | POLITICO 44
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #64
12thMan
MVP

GM, I'm curious. Do you think a crime was committed? I'm only asking because of the title of the thread.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #65
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
GM, I'm curious. Do you think a crime was committed? I'm only asking because of the title of the thread.
The articles I've read point to a violation of 18 USC 211 as a felony. I don't doubt for one second the Chicago-style politics sitting in 1600 PA Ave offered such a thing to Sestak. So, yeah. I guess I do think a crime was committed.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #66
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The articles I've read point to a violation of 18 USC 211 as a felony. I don't doubt for one second the Chicago-style politics sitting in 1600 PA Ave offered such a thing to Sestak. So, yeah. I guess I do think a crime was committed.
I'm not sure what Chicago style politics mean, but IF a crime was committed ---and I've heard Rep. Darrell (R) Issa throw this same violation around-- I would have to think that at least a specific offer for a paid position had to be offered.

At issue, is whether the White House broke federal law that prohibits exerting the promise of influence for obtaining a federal job, interfering in elections of promising employment for political activity. (I pulled this from a source)

Sestak was offered a non-compensated position, not a federal paying job. He had a thirty second conversation with Bill Clinton about a position on a "presidential board". Nothing specific was offered or declined, per Sestak. This is a bunch of political hay that's going nowhere except for the Sunday talk shows.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #67
12thMan
MVP

By the way, Darrell Issa is the only one publicly pushing for an investigation.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #68
saden1
MVP

Quote:
I'm not sure what Chicago style politics mean, but IF a crime was committed ---and I've heard Rep. Darrell (R) Issa throw this same violation around-- I would have to think that at least a specific offer for a paid position had to be offered.

At issue, is whether the White House broke federal law that prohibits exerting the promise of influence for obtaining a federal job, interfering in elections of promising employment for political activity. (I pulled this from a source)

Sestak was offered a non-compensated position, not a federal paying job. He had a thirty second conversation with Bill Clinton about a position on a "presidential board". Nothing specific was offered or declined, per Sestak. This is a bunch of political hay that's going nowhere except for the Sunday talk shows.
I too am curios what that means...Is it anything like Tampico style politics?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #69
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

I guess you could also call it arm-twisting politics...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #70
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

I wouldn't go that far. Gibbs is getting peppered with questions about it daily. Most likely it's not as serious as some are saying, but I don't think it's the "nothing to see here, move along" afterthought that the White House claims it to be.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #71
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

And, initially, Watergate was just a two-bit burglary gone wrong and Monica Lewinsky was just some woman referred to by a disgruntled former Clinton employee.

Not saying this is the next Watergate or Lewinsky, just saying almost every major political scandal starts small. Of course, a lot of little scandals happen all the time. You never know which one is going to end up having legs [insert crass Monica reference here].
Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #72
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I guess you could also call it arm-twisting politics...
My new boss the other day enticed me to stay on with my company by offering me a promotion. I asked him if it come with a pay raise and he replied "Probably. I'll have to check and see if your current pay overlaps the new pay-grade." Is what he is doing a form of arm twisting? Unethical?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #73
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
My new boss the other day enticed me to stay on with my company by offering me a promotion. I asked him if it come with a pay raise and he replied "Probably. I'll have to check and see if your current pay overlaps the new pay-grade." Is what he is doing a form of arm twisting? Unethical?

I see you still have not made it to post #2.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Come on Saden thats not even a very good example.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #75
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
I hope the tea party wins and cut taxes some more.
Yeah so then I don't have to hear them crying about wanting their country back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote