Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gameplan vs Bills:Vanilla or Butter Pecan?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #61
12thMan
MVP

Re: Gameplan vs Bills:Vanilla or Butter Pecan?

Arguing with this dude on twitter ( he might be here) saying RG3 should be playing during pre-season. I'm like what the f*ck!? He reasoning is if he's only going to play a half, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Anyway of you buy that? I don't
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #62
Pigskins

Airing on CBS here in Newport news, got it DvRd
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #63
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Arguing with this dude on twitter ( he might be here) saying RG3 should be playing during pre-season. I'm like what the f*ck!? He reasoning is if he's only going to play a half, he shouldn't be playing at all.

I'm assuming you meant should not be playing during pre-season? He's a rookie and he needs the experience. I don't care how good he is going to be, if he can't play in preseason, he's not going to be ready for regular season. I can see not playing RGIII in preseason, years down the road after he has won a couple Super Bowls and maybe resting his body, but he's got just as much to prove (if not more) as the rest of the rookie class.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #64
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I'm assuming you meant should not be playing during pre-season? He's a rookie and he needs the experience. I don't care how good he is going to be, if he can't play in preseason, he's not going to be ready for regular season. I can see not playing RGIII in preseason, years down the road after he has won a couple Super Bowls and maybe resting his body, but he's got just as much to prove (if not more) as the rest of the rookie class.
Second typo today.

Yes, I agree.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #65
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Good thing we don't like in Western NY, because this preaseason game is going to be blacked out there.

Also side note AA thinks its cool to tear up a '0' and turn it into an upsidedown '?' on his injury practice jersey.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #66
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Maybe youre talking to The Goat?
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post928812

Id personally like to see RGIII in as long as possible. For the first pre-season game i would even consider the entire game.

But back to the topic:

Im pretty big on ice cream and milk shakes. I currently have either 4 or 5 cartons in my freezer (will post pic if i have to). I like to keep both French Vanilla and Vanilla Bean in stock at all times. I dont really care for regular, creamy or extra vanilla. Although i do like to somtimes add vanilla extract to my milkshakes. And while vanilla is my faviort flavor its anything but a vanilla vanilla, as i like to put tons of shit on it. Ranbow sprinkles, jimmies, red sugar spinkles, hot fudge, magic shell and crumbled up cookies.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

I've been game planning. I have my garage frig set right at the point of freezing and the beers when pulled Ice up some on the out side. I have the grill ready to go and a pack of wings. I'm also going Friday to Nags Head so I don't have to worry about going to work in the morning.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Good thing we don't like in Western NY, because this preaseason game is going to be blacked out there.

Also side note AA thinks its cool to tear up a '0' and turn it into an upsidedown '?' on his injury practice jersey.
Blacking out preseason games is just garbage.

Maybe if they didn't charge regular season prices for these glorified scrimmages they would be able to sell these things out.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #69
RGIII

Soft serve anyone?
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #70
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Maybe youre talking to The Goat?
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post928812

Id personally like to see RGIII in as long as possible. For the first pre-season game i would even consider the entire game.

But back to the topic:

Im pretty big on ice cream and milk shakes. I currently have either 4 or 5 cartons in my freezer (will post pic if i have to). I like to keep both French Vanilla and Vanilla Bean in stock at all times. I dont really care for regular, creamy or extra vanilla. Although i do like to somtimes add vanilla extract to my milkshakes. And while vanilla is my faviort flavor its anything but a vanilla vanilla, as i like to put tons of shit on it. Ranbow sprinkles, jimmies, red sugar spinkles, hot fudge, magic shell and crumbled up cookies.
No twitter for me but I could see a coach hold Griffin out as a result of oline injuries during an early preseason game. Admittedly, it's unconventional, but a risk/reward debate could come down on the side of caution. Devil's advocate: if the oline is abysmal Thursday night, missing regular assignments, AND RGIII is injured because of those missed assignments, it could cost us reg season games. Maybe you focus on smoothing out the oline and have Griffen play more in games 2 and 3?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #71
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Vanilla. Let's not kid ourselves that we were good last season at 5-11. And with the new guys we really need to work on the basics.

Who cares about "winning" a preseason game anyways?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #72
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I've been game planning. I have my garage frig set right at the point of freezing and the beers when pulled Ice up some on the out side. I have the grill ready to go and a pack of wings. I'm also going Friday to Nags Head so I don't have to worry about going to work in the morning.
I want your life for the next few days.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #73
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

I'm #ericbrindley, i'm all over the local sports world on twitter. but that d0uchebag is an idiot.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #74
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

The Gameplan is get reps, avoid injuries (probably in the opposite order).

I was at that 2004 Broncos preseason game when Jansen went down. I was also at the 2010 Ravens preseason game where McNabb (and a number of others) got nicked up. And of course, I was at the 2011 Eagles regular season game (no explanation needed). I'm not a season ticket holder either (I live out of town). Should I just not go to the Colts game this year?
RedskinsInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #75
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
The Gameplan is get reps, avoid injuries (probably in the opposite order).

I was at that 2004 Broncos preseason game when Jansen went down. I was also at the 2010 Ravens preseason game where McNabb (and a number of others) got nicked up. And of course, I was at the 2011 Eagles regular season game (no explanation needed). I'm not a season ticket holder either (I live out of town). Should I just not go to the Colts game this year?
I have a solid 1-0 record during my preseason attendance record (no major injuries either). I'll be going to the Colts game this year and hope to make it 2-0.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote