Tom "Iceman" Brady

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #61
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Tom "Iceman" Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
true,but some have,just off the top of my head,rypien,dilfer,hasselbach,humphries,doug williams,delholme,warner,kerry collins,chris chandler,neil o donnel,tony eason,david woodley,ferragamo,morton,maybe some others
Call Mark Rypien what you want, but he WAS NOT a mediocre QB in 1991 - He was the NFC's Offensive Player of the year. Hasselbeck and Chandler were also Pro Bowl QBs the seasons their teams went to the Super Bowl. Warner was the 2nd coming of Joe Montana when he won his. I'll give you that most of the others you named were ordinary even during their Superbowl season, and of that group, only Doug Williams and Dilfer won the big one. My point is that very, very few Super Bowls have been won by teams where the QB wasn't a MAJOR contributor to their success. What is the common on-field denominator through most of this crappy 15 year run by the Redskins? I say a lot of lousy quarterbacking. We can only hope that Jason Campbell will finally be the answer.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #62
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Man, Belichick is as charmed as Marty is cursed. Did anyone notice how just about every flag in the second half was against the Chargers? It's as if the officials all got together and agreed not to call the Pats for anything.

One thing's for sure -- this was New England's biggest challenge. Now they can set it on cruise control. They beat a better team that made too many boneheaded mistakes, and there's no other team left that stands a chance.

Belichick and Brady have always had the Colts' number. The NFL could change the rules just for Indy and allow the Colts to line up 15 players against 11 Patriots and the Patriots would still somehow win. The ball always seems to bounce their way no matter what.

Unbelieveable.

My thoughts exactly! Man you are so right on that. I guess thats why I have such a huge problem with all the ass kissing of the brady bunch. I still get pissed when i think of how they squeeked into their 1st SB. I wonder how different things would be.
SkinEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:37 AM   #63
12thMan
MVP

Tom Brady will go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. He retires next week, he'll be on that ballot 5 years from that day.

If Eli Manning get's a lot slobber knocking, how much more should Tom Brady? If anyone is derserving of the media tripping over themselves, it's this guy. Yes, Peyton is a phenominal QB, but his stats are only meaningful during the regular season it seems. When things get ratchetted up, he's not clutch.

Brady has put up Hall worthy stats, and....and has three Super Rings to boot. And to compare him with Montana and Marino is a bit, well, unfair in a way. Brady has done his thing in the free agency era, with so many different receivers and running backs; Those guys pretty much had the same group of receivers year in and year out.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 AM   #64
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

wow. I just heard LTs post game comments about why he was so pissed. quote" they showed no class, no class at all. I guess it comes from their headcoach" unquote. I agree. Gotta love it.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #65
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
wow. I just heard LTs post game comments about why he was so pissed. quote" they showed no class, no class at all. I guess it comes from their headcoach" unquote. I agree. Gotta love it.
Yeah, he was pretty hurt about it. Deion Sanders gave him a lot of shit for saying that too. He was trying to say LT was just mad because his team lost, and the bone head mistakes his team mates did to cost them the game, blah..blah..blah...

I think LT is a classy guy and it was just disrespctful what they did on their home field, and he didn't like it.

I was totally shocked about what he said about Belichek. You betcha that's going to carry over into next season.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:49 AM   #66
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Yeah, I would love to see a part 2 next year in the post season. If Marty still has a job.....
Old 01-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #67
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
Yeah, I would love to see a part 2 next year in the post season. If Marty still has a job.....

I think Marty will be around. It's damn hard to fire a guy with that many wins this year, and who the hell are you going to bring in to replace him?

But, boy...this is going to be something if they meet in the playoffs next year.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #68
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
How is Brady not in the same league as Manning?? Winning 6, 8, hell, even 16 games in a row is impressive, no doubt. But no one remembers the guys that went undefeated and lost in the playoffs, they remember the ones that stuck it out through the toughest games and won the Super Bowl. Three rings in Brady's 6th season is nothing short of incredible. Plus, have you see Manning this postseason? He looks more like Rex Grossman than anyone else that comes to mind. Even if you think it's Brady's team that carries them to the playoffs, you can't look at his stats and not agree that it's Brady who wins the games.
Brady is certainly the MVP of the Pats, but Manning is the MVP of the entire league. Well, as far as QBs go at least
Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #69
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I'm sick of freaking Brady. That little pretty boy bitch is due to get smoked soon. I'm so sick of the Pats. They ARE a team where one good player a team makes. A totally mediocre receiving corps that is made good by Brady.

They might as well just let the Pats start the season during the playoffs. It's almost like they have fifteen guys on defense sometimes. They always show up with a bunch of no-names and somehow win games. This sucks for LT, I really wanted this one for him.

The Pats are the last team left I want to lose.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #70
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

There is only ONE QB I'd take over Brady in a long drive, must score situation: Joe Montana. Neither was/is the best passer of their day, but both of them have the greatest intangible: poise.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #71
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I'm sick of freaking Brady. That little pretty boy bitch is due to get smoked soon. I'm so sick of the Pats. They ARE a team where one good player a team makes. A totally mediocre receiving corps that is made good by Brady.

They might as well just let the Pats start the season during the playoffs. It's almost like they have fifteen guys on defense sometimes. They always show up with a bunch of no-names and somehow win games. This sucks for LT, I really wanted this one for him.

I'm with you on this one TMC! I hope Indy knocks the Pats out! I'm going for the Saints.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #72
squrrelco3
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post

It's hard to argue with performance...take Sunday for instance. He played some of the worst football in his career for 3 and a half quarters and then guess which quarter the SOB shows up for. Say what you want to about him but he's d*mn good at what he does.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #73
The Huddle
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrelco3 View Post
It's hard to argue with performance...take Sunday for instance. He played some of the worst football in his career for 3 and a half quarters and then guess which quarter the SOB shows up for. Say what you want to about him but he's d*mn good at what he does.
Exactly. Because the bottom line is that Brady is The Money Man and that's all there is to it. People can hate him and call him a pretty boy and whatnot- personally I chose to admire his accomplishments although he's on another team - but when the game is on the line there's no other quarterback who can touch him.
The Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #74
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail2theskins View Post
When Tom brady does any of this... all of dan marino's records, ill say he is better, until then, not a damn chance.

• Most Attempts, Career: 8,358[8]
  • Most Completions, Career: 4,967[9] (broken by Brett Favre in 2006)
  • Most Yards Passing, Career: 61,361[10]
  • Most Touchdown Passes, Career: 420[11]
  • Most Passing Yards, Season: 5,084 in 1984[10]
  • Most Touchdown Passes, Season: 48[11] (since broken by Peyton Manning 49)
  • Most Games, 400 or more Yards Passing, Season: 4 in 1984
  • Most Games, 300 or more Yards Passing, Career: 60
  • Most Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 13 (1984-92, 1994-95, 1997-98) (since broken by Brett Favre 15)
  • Most Consecutive Seasons, 3,000 or more Yards Passing: 9 (1984-92) (since broken by Brett Favre 15)
  • Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Career: 21
  • Most Games, Four or more Touchdown Passes, Season: 6 in 1984
  • Lowest Percentage, Passes Intercepted, Rookie Season: 2.03 in 1983 (296-6)
  • Most Seasons Leading League, Attempts: 5 (1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997)[8]
  • Most Seasons Leading League, Completions: 6 (1984-86, 1988, 1992, 1997)[9]
  • Most Seasons, 40 or more Touchdown Passes: 2 (1984, 1986)[11]
  • 100 TD Passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 44 (9/7/86 at San Diego)
  • 200 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 89 (9/17/89 at New England)
  • 300 TD passes in Fewest Amount of Games to Start Career: 157 (9/4/94 vs. New England)
  • Most Points scored, QB: 2574
  • Highest TD-INT differential: +168

I'm not trying to take anything away from Dan Marino, but I'm not playing fantasy football. If I'm the owner of a team, I'm taking Tom Brady. Tom is the one wearing 3 Super Bowl rings. I'm not gonna sit here and say that no one else could have done it with the team he has around him, but Peyton routinely wastes the talent around him, so you have to give Brady a ton of credit. I'm goin with 3 wins, not a whole bunch of passing records. I'll acknowledge that Marino is a better passer, but Brady is the better quarterback because that takes so much more.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #75
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
I'm not trying to take anything away from Dan Marino, but I'm not playing fantasy football. If I'm the owner of a team, I'm taking Tom Brady. Tom is the one wearing 3 Super Bowl rings. I'm not gonna sit here and say that no one else could have done it with the team he has around him, but Peyton routinely wastes the talent around him, so you have to give Brady a ton of credit. I'm goin with 3 wins, not a whole bunch of passing records. I'll acknowledge that Marino is a better passer, but Brady is the better quarterback because that takes so much more.
i agree with you 100%. marino and peyton are very good qbs, they are great PASSERS, all they do is pass,pass pass. peyton will probably break marinos PASSING records and that truly is a huge accomplishment but if i'm in the championship game and i can have my pick from marino,manning and brady, i'm taking brady.
now having said all that, peyton manning could take his game to the next level next weekend and i will be rooting for him. i'm a fan of peyton and would love to see him win a superbowl but until he does brady will remain better than him when the big games are on the line.