Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The 2012 London Summer Olympics Thread

Other Sports

Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The 2012 London Summer Olympics Thread

Interesting Lochte spent alot of time running his mouth and in the relay he lost us the race after Phelps had extended the lead. Karma is a biaaaatch. f8cking idiot

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #62
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Interesting Lochte spent alot of time running his mouth and in the relay he lost us the race after Phelps had extended the lead. Karma is a biaaaatch. f8cking idiot
Some of these jerkoffs need their ego smashed. Good for the soul.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #63
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yep. It sounds like once he reached the peak back in '08, he basically stopped working hard and started enjoying the spotlight more. If that's the case he should've just retired, because now I get the feeling the rest of the games is going to be embarrassing for him, seeing as how he hasn't trained as hard as he used to.
I guess so. $40 million net worth is more then enough to retire.

Ironically I also found this little article about him.

Quote:
While still quite young and able to continue competing, Michael Phelps has already broken 37 world swimming records. There are many who believe he hasn’t even scratched the surface of his talent and that, when finally done, he will have broken many more records, some of which currently belong to him.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #64
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I'm having the hardest time keeping up with the Olympics. I watch everyday at 7pm EST and it seems like people already know what the results are. I can understand if you're overseas but do they air earlier than 7pm? I usually never have the TV on before Primetime TV starts.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #65
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm having the hardest time keeping up with the Olympics. I watch everyday at 7pm EST and it seems like people already know what the results are. I can understand if you're overseas but do they air earlier than 7pm? I usually never have the TV on before Primetime TV starts.
Blame the internet, my friend. You can find the results online pretty much as soon as the event is finished, but I guess NBC is trying to wait to air the more popular events during prime time to keep up the ratings.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #66
HailGreen28
Playmaker

I don't think we'll hear any more talk about the 2012 basketball team being compared to the '92 team.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #67
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Watching women's beach volleyball right now. These two girls(mitsti/kerri) have never lost a match in the Olympics yet. Amazing. That was a hell of a game with the Aussies.
That was a great match, kept tying at 18-18 and 19-19 every time and was nerve-racking to watch if you are rooting for the USA to win.

My gripe...it was 55 degrees for beach volleyball in London...they had to wear sweaters. The aussies were covered head-to-toe and still wore their bikinis on top of their compression tops, looked stupid.

London was a terrible choice as host for this reason alone.

At least our ladies wore proper bottoms. Still looking great at age 34 too.

What?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #68
firstdown
Living Legend

This thread is getting off topic.

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #69
firstdown
Living Legend

F^ck the news and news sources for posting the results without warning or having to click to open them up. I have tried to avoid seeing the results for thing I want to watch at night but it getting very tough as the results are gtting posted as they happen.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #70
Monkeydad
Living Legend

C'mon, FD, at least post some actual competition pictures.

Ah nevermind.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #71
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Speaking of jerkoffs. What is it with dumb athletes?

Swiss soccer player kicked off Olympic team for discriminatory tweet | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

You'd think most of the Olympic athletes would have learned from the other one that got kicked off the team for a dumb tweet.

It's simple. Keep it to thanking the fans and the experience or simply delete your twitter account. Morons.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #72
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Most events are over by 7:00 pm our time. I even was watching NBC news the other night and they gave away who won what right before they started airing the event. Pissed me off so much I didn't watch. They just need to give a warning or make you click a page before posting who won what so I can decide if I want to look.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #73
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Watched the 200m (mens) backstroke race tonight with Matt Grevers and Nick Thoman winning gold and silver respectively. Fantastic race with Thoman storming in at the end to claim the silver.

Missy Franklin's 100m backstroke race was also fantastic. Huge win by the 17 year old for her first gold medal.

Also, Michael Phelps looked good in the 200m breaststroke semi-final. He seemed to take it easy the first 150m, and then just blew by everybody the last 50m. Guy still has it...lol

Men's gymnastics fell off the wagon. Man that was horrible watching their performance tonight. Guy (Orozco) broke down after his failed vault. Had to be a horrible feeling.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #74
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Watched the 200m (mens) backstroke race tonight with Matt Grevers and Nick Thoman winning gold and silver respectively. Fantastic race with Thoman storming in at the end to claim the silver.

Missy Franklin's 100m backstroke race was also fantastic. Huge win by the 17 year old for her first gold medal.

Also, Michael Phelps looked good in the 200m breaststroke semi-final. He seemed to take it easy the first 150m, and then just blew by everybody the last 50m. Guy still has it...lol

Men's gymnastics fell off the wagon. Man that was horrible watching their performance tonight. Guy (Orozco) broke down after his failed vault. Had to be a horrible feeling.

Franklins win was sweet and it was hard to watch the mens gymnastics. I'm not sold on Phelps winning the 200m breaststroke.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #75
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Did anyone else see Britain and Ukraine robbed in the Men's gymnastics last night.

What a terrible decision. The guy falls of the horse without completing the required handstand so the judges bump up the difficulty after-the-fact to, essentially, compensate for the massive deduction. Bad. Just bad.

It's why I like sports with objective measurables (i.e. - Who ran the fastest? Who threw it the farthest?) as opposed to judges deciding who looked the prettiest.