Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

MLB 2012 (random postings/events)

Other Sports

Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: MLB 2012 (random postings/events)

Yeah, no doubt that moron is doing a piss poor job....

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, no doubt that moron is doing a piss poor job....
I would like to hope you were serious here, but my sarcasm meters are going through the roof.

One of the first things that Magic did was shout out loud to anybody that would listen that McCourt would not be receiving a single penny from parking lot revenue.

Dodger Parking Lots: Have Magic Johnson And The New Owners Been Lying To Dodger Fans? (PHOTOS)

He lied.

Regardless, fans don't give a shit who the money is going to, they just want to attend the games and have a good time without fear of being jacked up at the games. I think the bigger thing for Magic to be doing is addressing fans of issues like this, that went horribly wrong under the previous owner.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Whatever, you can have this argument. I'm not going to bother. I just think moron was a bit extreme, but that's just me
Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #64
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Whatever, you can have this argument. I'm not going to bother. I just think moron was a bit extreme, but that's just me

I'll agree with you that it was indeed extreme, but there aren't many other words that come to mind when the first thing a brand new owner does is lie to its fan base in its first press conference. Especially when it's about the topic of something that just brought a ton of negativity to the franchise for its lack of security.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I can't read the article but I already read an article about the parking lot fight and it said that officers and stadium security responded and arrested those responsible. How is that negligent NC? Was the response time inadequate? Sounds like you're just griping over sour grapes here.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #66
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You'd figure after last year's incident, the Dodgers are the last people you would expect to see another parking lot incident.

Four arrested after beating at Dodger Stadium - ESPN Los Angeles

This only gives grounds that they are in fact negligible when it comes to stadium/parking lot security.

Maybe that moron Magic Johnson needs to spend less time doing NBA coverage and more time trying to make the area safer for fans.
It's California. No one man can instill morals in places like San Fran and LA. Lets not even talk about Oakland.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #67
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Was the response time inadequate?

So during that elapsed time, a minor car accident occurs, a man is dragged out and beat down during that time. At what point did they show up? I'm not sure about whether or not the elapsed time was inadequate, but after last year, we shouldn't be reading about anything in the Dodgers parking lot, especially with the fact they have a pending lawsuit hanging over their heads. People are paying 20-30 dollars a car to park there, that's more than enough to provide adequate security for the game. I'm glad to know the guy isn't permanently damaged, and glad to hear those idiots were arrested. They should be banned from ever attending another MLB game.

I wouldn't say my posting was just sour grapes. I just don't feel that we need to hear about another beat down happening in a Dodgers parking lot. Are you going to prevent fights? Hell no, but response time is everything in these situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
It's California. No one man can instill morals in places like San Fran and LA. Lets not even talk about Oakland.
Good point.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So during that elapsed time, a minor car accident occurs, a man is dragged out and beat down during that time. At what point did they show up? I'm not sure about whether or not the elapsed time was inadequate, but after last year, we shouldn't be reading about anything in the Dodgers parking lot, especially with the fact they have a pending lawsuit hanging over their heads. People are paying 20-30 dollars a car to park there, that's more than enough to provide adequate security for the game. I'm glad to know the guy isn't permanently damaged, and glad to hear those idiots were arrested. They should be banned from ever attending another MLB game.

I wouldn't say my posting was just sour grapes. I just don't feel that we need to hear about another beat down happening in a Dodgers parking lot. Are you going to prevent fights? Hell no, but response time is everything in these situations.
I think that about sums it up here. Personally, I feel the response time was adequate, considering the police still arrived in time to identify those responsible and arrest them. I really can't comment on it much further considering I don't know how long the beatdown took place, or the total response time for the cops to show up. Obviously it didn't take that long though for them to show up though.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Leyland begs media to make umpires ‘accountable’ for bad calls (VIDEO) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Nice rant by Jim Leyland here.

He's right. They should be held accountable.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I agree with that. Yet another horrible call by an ump there. I think it would help though if the media backed Leyland up on it, one of the few ways MLB would even consider a change is if the public outcry grew large enough.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #71
FRPLG
MVP

Unfortunately for Tim Welke he doesn't get to watch the game in slow motion with a camera directly focused on the play in question. These guys are human and making judgement calls. They're going to blow them once in a while. Best you can hope for is that they get the rules right and do their damned best. It was a bad call but exactly how should he be held accountable?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #72
FRPLG
MVP

I would say that MLB should be held accountable. A reasonable replay system could be implemented to mitigate some of the bad-call risk involved in the game.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #73
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I would say that MLB should be held accountable. A reasonable replay system could be implemented to mitigate some of the bad-call risk involved in the game.
I agree with this. I don't see any scenario where umps are completely removed from the game, but I think questionable calls should be reviewable. Maybe give managers a couple challenges a game?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #74
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Maybe I'm the last person to find out but the Astros are moving to the American League in 2013.

MLB changes: Houston Astros moving to American League, more playoff teams, more interleague
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You may be among the last