Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Has Anyone Else Completely Lost Faith In The Media?

Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Has Anyone Else Completely Lost Faith In The Media?

Alright im taking a note from BleedBurgundy by starting this thread. Hopefully it can be used when we notice biases or events the media seems to ignore or gloss over for whatever reason they may believe they have.

There have been 2 recent things that have really bothered me:

The difference between how the Tea Party was treated and how the OWS has been and is being treated be the media is night and day. Every time a extremist or racist tea party protester got in front of a camera or was interviewed the media seemed to jump on it and report it to the public like that was the regular voice or tone of the tea party. The tea party was also regularly mocked by mainstream news channels when they called tea party posters tea baggers. The OWS seem to be getting preferential treatment. There has been tons of violence, rampant drug use, 10 rapes/sexual assaults (give or take), tons of extremest groups associating with OWS, an anti Semitic tone and tons of protesters saying hateful and bigoted things. And yet the media largely ignores this? I just dont get the double standard.

The Herman Cain media cover of alleged sexual harassment is getting ridiculous at this point. In the last week ending Monday there have been 84 stories by the major 3 networks on the Herman Cain scandal. For comparison sake in the week when the Bill Clinton Juanita Broaddrick rape scandal broke there were 4 mentions, when Bill Clinton was accused of groping Kathleen Wiley there were just 3 stories. There was barley any coverage whatsoever when Larry Sinclair came out with a story that he smoked crack and had sex with Obama and that Donald Young did too. The problem i have is not that the media largely ignored the unfounded stories about Bill Clinton or Obama, but that they are prematurely jumping on unfounded stories on Cain. I just dont get it. Today MSNBC and the senior Politco reporter that "broke" the Herman Cain allegations mocked the idea that theres a Journalism Code of Ethics.

Another very recent thing, that was actually the tipping point for me to get up and take and stand by doing something (starting this thread.....), was journalist conspiring together not to report a conversation between Sarcozy and Obama about Netanyahu.

Sarkozy tells Obama Netanyahu is a liar | Reuters

But whats not in the Reuters article is the mention of the journalist acting to first to try and cover it up:

Report: Sarkozy calls Netanyahu 'liar' - Israel News, Ynetnews

Anyone else fed up? What else do you have? I know NCSkins has to have some stuff on Fox....

Last edited by mlmpetert; 11-08-2011 at 09:38 PM.
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote