Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins Viks Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #61
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: Skins Viks Postgame

Is it me or did we just not even attempt to blitz?

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #62
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The o played good except for running that final corner fade to the shortest WR on the team. Overall they scored enough to win. The d just isn't very good. Hopefully this organization doesn't panic at the end of the year and start up the coaching revolving door.
Moss needed to drag his foot and it's a TD. I can't blame the call there, I blame Moss. RG3 put it on his hands, it's the wr's job to make the play.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #63
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

He'll w had 1st and goal from the 8 in four down territory. We could have run it twice and thrown it twice. Moss was inches from tying the game even though it was questionable why we didn't try that fade to garçon or reed.

I don't totally hate this team or even the play calling, but when you have been sacked twice in a row you don't run another play action pass.

Get this team a defense and they can compete with anyone.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #64
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

If we scored a TD on our first trip down to the one we are kicking a FG on 4th down last night to tie the game.

Woulda coulda shoulda. Oh well
Old 11-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #65
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Our defense and special teams are beyond horrible
Old 11-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #66
WaldSkins
Playmaker

When is washington gonna say enough is enough with London Fletcher and pull the plug?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #67
Green Monk Machine

To finish the year...
Fire everyone with last name shanahan.
Interim HC Raheem.

Offseason...
Fire Haslett.
Promote Raheem to DC and return to 4-3 defense.
Get DL to get pressure since rakpo can't
Get Safeties thru draft to compete with '13 class.
Make Riley the lone MLB and retire London

Find HC and OC who likes the weapons on offense, big salary cap, practice bubble, training camp in VA

Shouldn't be too hard, right?
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #68
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
To finish the year...
Fire everyone with last name shanahan.
Interim HC Raheem.

Offseason...
Fire Haslett.
Promote Raheem to DC and return to 4-3 defense.
Get DL to get pressure since rakpo can't
Get Safeties thru draft to compete with '13 class.
Make Riley the lone MLB and retire London

Find HC and OC who likes the weapons on offense, big salary cap, practice bubble, training camp in VA

Shouldn't be too hard, right?

I honestly think Orakpo has been playing pretty solid. The problem with our D-line is that the interior lineman are really struggling right now to collapse the pocket
Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #69
Sonny9TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Regardless of how our D failed agaisnt the best RB in the league in the 2nd half........ YOU DO NOT CALL A FADE ON FOURTH AND GOAL FROM THE 8 TO ONE OF THE SMALLEST WR'S IN THE LEAGUE.... AGIAN .... BYYEEEYEYEYEYEYUEUE... KYLE AND OR MIKE OR WHOEVER IS CALLING THAT FUCKING ABOMINATION OF A LOSING OF A GAME SHITTY RESULTS ALL SEASON OF A PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I got 45.84 fantasy points with Griffin and Reed. Have to agree. That call stinks. A fade to Reed or Hankerson who is over 6 feet would have been better but a QB draw or anything else would have been better. The Vikings defense blew up Chris Chester last night and a 3rd round pick in Liberius can't even help that situation because Liberius is a bust.The difference in Liberius and Jordan Reed both 3rd round picks is staggering.

Did someone in the draft room not hear it right when someone said "anyone but Liberius" and thought they said "the only one we want is Liberius"??
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #70
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

‏@kevins980

Can't believe anyone w/half a brain would put this loss on Kyle. The D gave up 34 pts on 50 plays! Vikes scored on 6 of 8 drives! Please.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That last play to Moss should have never been necessary. That said, I thought the play call was fine but Griff put (had to put)? a little too much air on it. I don't think the intention was a fade but a simple corner route
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
‏@kevins980

Can't believe anyone w/half a brain would put this loss on Kyle. The D gave up 34 pts on 50 plays! Vikes scored on 6 of 8 drives! Please.
This and then some.

I know people hate Kyle, but it's crazy how people are pointing fingers at the offense for this. We made Ponder look like a legit QB for crying out loud.

Coming into that game the Vikings were near the bottom of the league in total offense and middle of the pack in points per game. 34 points matched their highest ouput in a game this season.

The offense didn't blow a 27-14 3rd quarter lead.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #73
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Didn't see it mentioned, but that was Garcon's first back to back 100 yd games as a Skin.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #74
redskin37
Special Teams

Off season free agents and draft . O line , defence and special teams. Let the young player get reps . Say thanks to Moss and Fletcher but were moving on with youth.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #75
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This and then some.

I know people hate Kyle, but it's crazy how people are pointing fingers at the offense for this. We made Ponder look like a legit QB for crying out loud.

Coming into that game the Vikings were near the bottom of the league in total offense and middle of the pack in points per game. 34 points matched their highest ouput in a game this season.

The offense didn't blow a 27-14 3rd quarter lead.
While Kyle irritates me at times with his propensity to get cute on third and short and near the goalline rather than just pound the rock, it's really hard to kill him for this loss. Its like we forget when the offense would really struggle to score 21 points. If you can't beat a 1 win team with 27 points you probably don't deserve to win any games.

At one point last night Ponder had completed 10 straight passes. Christian Ponder. Who lost his job to Matt Cassell. The same Matt Cassell that lost his job to Josh Freeman. Who was released by a winless team. Yeah, that Christian Ponder.

The bigger picture is not Kyle or even that we 'lost' but that we lost to a 1 win team, missing 4 starters, who didn't even have enough healthy players to complete the MINIMUM roster requirements for an NFL game. That's staggering. The fact we built a 13 point second half lead isn't impressive, we should have done that. The bottom line is, we lack the talent and discipline to be anything but a 3-6 team.

Forget the calls the refs missed. 3 personal fouls, all led to touchdowns. That's on the players and coaches for not coaching the selfishness out of the players. The fake punt debacle, that's what bad teams do in the preseason, not November.

I've been a Shanahan guy but I'm really about ready to pull the plug and let someone else take over. Great pieces on both sides of the ball in Griffin, Morris, Garcon, Reed, T. Williams, Cofield, Kerrigan and I think Amerson. Solid pieces in plenty of other spots but it's time to move on last year's streak and really evaluate the roster for what it is.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote