Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Skins over Chargers who gets your game ball?
Young 14 17.07%
Garcon 58 70.73%
Griffin 2 2.44%
Morris 7 8.54%
other 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #61
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Nice overall win, I thought it was over when SD had 1st and goal at the 1 at the end of the 4th quarter. Now we just need to win thursday to get two in a row. Thats how the run got started last year, with 2 wins in 5 days.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #62
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Nice overall win, I thought it was over when SD had 1st and goal at the 1 at the end of the 4th quarter. Now we just need to win thursday to get two in a row. Thats how the run got started last year, with 2 wins in 5 days.
And we had a big win against Minny too
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #63
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Always tickled by the D.Hall shade around here.
Our corners never get love. And I don't know how Amerson would be at fault for that wide open TD. After re watching it, if he would have taken the deep route then Gates would have been wide open for the first. It actually looked like Dhall and someone else double covered a receiver across the middle.

Either way Amerson is only a rookie and has two int's at the halfway point in the season. And has overall looked solid for a rookie thrown right in to the fire, we all remember how Rambo looked. And Amerson totally saved the game on that Woodhead run, dude can lay the wood. I hope his future is bright as a skin. HTTR!!

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #64
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Wow what a win,I doubt anyone on here thought we would win when SD had 1st and goal.My wife said we would probably live another 10 years if we werent redskin fans,the stress they put on us!
Garcon got my game ball,he bailed RG3 out a couple of times with great catches on bad throws,he made all the tough catches this game,when re really needed them,something I've never seen him do in our other games.

I dont know if this was RG3's best game of the year but it was close.The first drive of the game where we went 96 yards to come away with no points was an excellent drive and it was all RG3.San Diego stuffed the run on that drive and RG3 came thru with some of his best throws of the year,they were longer and they were accurate.The 2 throws he had on the last 2 drives in 4th kinda turned me off on this being his best game,there was the overthrow to a wide open MOss,then on the last drive the pass to Garcon on 3rd that wasnt close{that could have been a throwaway because Garcon was covered}

Special teams sucked again but I cant blame the special teams coach for that.

But there was some bad coaching going on,whose ideal was it to kick a 59 yard fg? If anyone on this forum thought Kai had a chance making that I would call him a liar,I knew kick would be blocked,I was just thankful it wasnt returned for a td.Thats got to be Mike's call,terrible terrible decision.

Also the delay of game penalty,then to come out of the penalty and have to call timeout because you ran out of time again! Cmon coaches,theres no excuse for that.

I hated the option plays,RG3 got blasted on them and those are fumbles for tds just waiting to happen,that one to Moss that was a forward pass,that was close,I thought for sure Moss would drop that.

Overall good win,coming thru in ot with that drive to put it away was great and hopefully will help their confidence in future.

I thought going into this game we would win this one,I think we will beat Minn also,but Minn put up a much bigger fight against Dallas then I thought they would,I thought that would be a dallas blowout.But Minn is going on the road 2 games in a row and on a short week,we have no excuses if we dont win this game.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #65
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Just got to watch the game wow, finally the offense and defense show up for the same game. And we started to play with pride too. We looked like a .500 team instead of 3-5 team. Keep running the ball to set up the pass too!!!
I suppose that's what passes for high praise around here this season.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Wow what a win,I doubt anyone on here thought we would win when SD had 1st and goal.My wife said we would probably live another 10 years if we werent redskin fans,the stress they put on us!
Garcon got my game ball,he bailed RG3 out a couple of times with great catches on bad throws,he made all the tough catches this game,when re really needed them,something I've never seen him do in our other games.

I dont know if this was RG3's best game of the year but it was close.The first drive of the game where we went 96 yards to come away with no points was an excellent drive and it was all RG3.San Diego stuffed the run on that drive and RG3 came thru with some of his best throws of the year,they were longer and they were accurate.The 2 throws he had on the last 2 drives in 4th kinda turned me off on this being his best game,there was the overthrow to a wide open MOss,then on the last drive the pass to Garcon on 3rd that wasnt close{that could have been a throwaway because Garcon was covered}

But there was some bad coaching going on,whose ideal was it to kick a 59 yard fg? If anyone on this forum thought Kai had a chance making that I would call him a liar,I knew kick would be blocked,I was just thankful it wasnt returned for a td.Thats got to be Mike's call,terrible terrible decision.

Also the delay of game penalty,then to come out of the penalty and have to call timeout because you ran out of time again! Cmon coaches,theres no excuse for that.

I hated the option plays,RG3 got blasted on them and those are fumbles for tds just waiting to happen,that one to Moss that was a forward pass,that was close,I thought for sure Moss would drop that.

Overall good win,coming thru in ot with that drive to put it away was great and hopefully will help their confidence in future.

I thought going into this game we would win this one,I think we will beat Minn also,but Minn put up a much bigger fight against Dallas then I thought they would,I thought that would be a dallas blowout.But Minn is going on the road 2 games in a row and on a short week,we have no excuses if we dont win this game.
Agree with most of this, but I didn't have a problem with the 59 yard attempt. It was at the end of the half. Worth it at that point I think.

Solid win, still have some concerns about the long term direction of the team, but for now enjoying another Redskins victory
Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

12-17 on 3rd down and 209 yards rushing. Kyle did a good job yesterday. Our running game needs to be the focus. I really wish Kyle would move RG3 more out the pocket and I agree with htown, dont like the option hits RG3 is taking. I mentioned it yesterday, but they worked more a power, extra lineman on the goaline look and it worked great. Thats a change.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #68
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post

I think he played better against Chicago. What's so frustrating about RG3 is he's missing too many easy routine throws. He also threw some beautiful balls as well... overall I thought he was up and down.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Garcon was amazing yesterday
Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #70
12thMan
MVP

@granthpaulsen In the #Redskins' last 4 games: Rob Jackson has 2 sacks. Ryan Kerrigan has 1.5 sacks. Brian Orakpo has 0.0 sacks.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #71
MTK
\m/

Kerrigan and Orakpo have been non-existent lately. Disappointing.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #72
FRPLG
MVP

Best tackling day we've had.

Also our STs weren't as bad as they have been. The two blocks were Kai's "fault" (one was just a product of a long kick needing to start low though). But our coverage was as good as it has been. Also I noticed a little Rambo action out there on Teams which is good for him.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #73
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Kerrigan and Orakpo have been non-existent lately. Disappointing.
Struggling to understand why.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rak is just not very good but our entire D has had zero pressure as of late. That has to change
Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #75
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Agree with most of this, but I didn't have a problem with the 59 yard attempt. It was at the end of the half. Worth it at that point I think.

Solid win, still have some concerns about the long term direction of the team, but for now enjoying another Redskins victory
If it was last yr when Kai was kicking so good and special teams werent AS big a problem,I probably would have been ok with it.
But this yr,different story.He's already had a 25 yarder blocked for x' sake,and now you wanna let him attempt a 59 yarder that has a much greater chance of being blocked? I had -10 % confidence anything good was gonna come of that,would much rather have seen them throw it up in the endzone,I think there would have been a higher percentage of something good happening,and if it doesnt at least you dont have to worry about someone returning a hail mary all the way back for td,but with our special teams that was a definite possibility on the kick.And I'm not talking about the kick being short and returned,I was much more worried it was going to be blocked{which it was}and the bounce going right into SD's arms and returned for td.

I absolutely hated that decision