Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Our two wins have come against teams minus their starting QBs.

So if Manning were to get injured against us this Sunday, and we beat them with Brock Osweiler as their QB, we're a better team because we won against a team minus their best player? It's more like an asterisk win in my book.
Da Fuq?

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #62
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

What do you all think of Josh Gordon for Fred Davis straight up?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^ We have a whole thread dedicated for Gordon lol
Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #64
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

If you are looking for a pretty, blow-out win in which no one from the other team was injured (thus "tainting" the win), it's time to give up on the NFL. Time to become a croquet fan.

Winning is hard in the NFL. You take your wins without whining.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #65
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I'm not hanging my hat on the Bears win by any stretch- but the win showed glimpses of how potent this offense can be.

That final drive was vintage RG3 (who wasn't running around their house screaming, "He's Back BABY!" after the game?) and our running game has been revitalized.

I've been saying all year that Helu needs more action, and we finally threw him in there at the right time (I've also been saying we should get rid of D-Hall for years...and was obviously wrong about that).

Solid win against Chicago... and I think we've got chance in beating Denver. We need some help (another defense score?) and then solid play on special teams, but I think it's not in the realm of insanity to think we could squeak one by.

Last edited by RobH4413; 10-23-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^Griffin was CLUTCH on that last drive and it seems as if some want to just put that on the bears D and not give RG3 his due... But if griffin threw an INT on that drive he'd be a loser
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #67
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If you are looking for a pretty, blow-out win in which no one from the other team was injured (thus "tainting" the win), it's time to give up on the NFL. Time to become a croquet fan.

Winning is hard in the NFL. You take your wins without whining.
Very true, I agree.

All I'm saying, to make it as simple as possible, the QB is the best player on your team. He is the guy that gets your team going. So far, both of our wins have come against teams minus their starting QB. Something you can't ignore. And something to look back at down the road when the times either get for the worse, or for the better.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

My biggest concern is "slow start" on offense. I know we have been trying to shake that bug since the start of the season and have shown improvement recently. Avoiding Slow start and red zone offense is gonna be extremely important this week.

With defense, its simple, hit Manning and Haslett needs to mix up looks at the line.

He Gets Us
Old 10-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #69
donofriose
The Starter

Yea you have to hit QBs like manning, Brady, Brees and Rogers. The problem is actually getting there. The pass rush hasn't been as great as a lot of us thought it would be, and seeing as how Hasleet will show you what he is doing because no one seems to move... I'm not sure who's going to be able to get to manning in time to change his play.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #70
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My biggest concern is "slow start" on offense. I know we have been trying to shake that bug since the start of the season and have shown improvement recently. Avoiding Slow start and red zone offense is gonna be extremely important this week.

With defense, its simple, hit Manning and Haslett needs to mix up looks at the line.
Completely agree. Marching down the field on the first possession and scoring will be clutch. Latest lines has DEN favored by 14. If we lost by 14, I wouldn't be surprised, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we squeaked out a win.

I guess the question is, would you be more shocked if we won, or lost by 28? Which way do you think the spread should move?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

More shocked by losing by 28. Offense and deffense have improved, we are trending higher the last 3 weeks.

He Gets Us
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #72
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Our two wins have come against teams minus their starting QBs.

So if Manning were to get injured against us this Sunday, and we beat them with Brock Osweiler as their QB, we're a better team because we won against a team minus their best player? It's more like an asterisk win in my book.
LOL. This post. Do you think Ravens fans are sitting back discussing the validation of their Super Bowl win last year because they might have beaten a couple teams that were missing starters? No. At the end of the season, the only thing that will matter is the win-loss column. Nobody will care how you got it. And besides, Jay Cutler was looking pretty shitty when he was in there. His backup was the whole reason they were still in the game at the end. But either way, continue on about how it's not a valid win because we beat a team missing their starting qb for half the game.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #73
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
More shocked by losing by 28. Offense and deffense have improved, we are trending higher the last 3 weeks.
I said this in the other thread, but this team is about what I expected to be from scrimmage. The offense is not quite as good as last season, but the defense is just as good if not better. That Green Bay game looks pretty fluky given the other five.

The reason the Redskins are a struggling team is because the issue with special teams -- a lack of players who are comfortable playing in space -- is also seen throughout the roster in other situations. I don't expect to see the special teams improve a great deal, but I also don't expect to see a ton of big plays out of the offense nor do I think the defense can limit other team's big plays. All those problems stem from the same issue: this team doesn't have players who win in space.

But I agree that we've seen the defense (and offense) improve about as much as reasonably possible. We're not as bad as the stats look, but I also think that we're pretty maxed out in terms of performance of this roster. I don't like us to beat the Broncos, but I think it's an easy cover on a 13 point spread.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #74
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Jordan Pugh returns to Redskinland.

Y! SPORTS
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
budw38
Playmaker

Our pass rush should show up this weekend , Denver is Minus their LT / C and maybe RT . No excuse for not putting some heat on Mr. Manning .
Closed Thread