Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

To All The Liberals

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #61
FRPLG
MVP

Re: To All The Liberals

What all the liberals on here fail to realize is that Obama did not get elected based on his legislative agenda. That stuff appeals to you and his undeniable success in enacting it fools you into believing he did what he said he was going to do because that is the stuff you care about. He did a damn fine job of getting legislation through that you all like. What he didn't do. What he has failed so miserably at is what he promised he would do when he got elected. HOPE AND CHANGE. That is a much bigger idea. Spin it however you want tonight is an affirmation that his HOPE AND CHANGE mantra was what got him elected. People are tired of all of them...they think the system doesn't work. BO promised to come and fix that. He hasn't even tried. So tonight that part of his agenda, the most important part, he was held accountable for. The Pubs will come in and do nothing to fix it and we'll be back here again in two years. Rinse repeat.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #62
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i lived there for over 7 years. every single day i woke up feeling like i was on vacation. about every minute of it i would bask in the relaxation that is san diego. on the main highway I-5, i would be stuck in traffic and i would look over to my left and see palm tree silohettes against the backdrop of cliffs dropping into the ocean. sometimes youd see whales migrating down to mexico. get drunk and do a bonfire on the ocean at night. the fishing is unbelievable. better trout fishing than pennsylvania, well, i caught stringers of huge trout in SD, would only catch a couple small brooke trout in PA.

yeah the weather is insane, mild most of the year, santa anna winds blow a warm desert breeze right about now. sometimes the santa anna winds would get hot, i mean like the wind was a hair dryer hot.

not alot of professional jobs though outside the computer/software/IP community thoo. when my contract job ran out, i stayed as long as i could, then packed my dog and belongings and whatever lil money i had left and drove back to MD to my parents house with my tail tucked btw my legs.
damn you've got me wanting to drop what I'm doing and pack my bags right now
Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #63
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I need to move to SD, not for the weed necessarily, the weather there is insane isn't it?
I really need to get out there- for the weed and everything else. My wife and I decided our next big vacation (probably not until next summer) is going to be California. Spend a week in wine country and finish it up with a few days in SD.

About 10 years ago my dad had a business trip that kept him in SD for almost two weeks. He had never been there before, but ever since that trip, he and my stepmom have gone back to SD every single year for a little r&r. He says it's his favorite place in the USA.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #64
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Seriously.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #65
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Shhhhhh. Your annoyance with the results of these mid-terms is funny to me. "Yeah, you got the House. So what? Doesn't mean shit! We're still better than you!" Waaa waaa waaa.

I'm having fun today watching the crybaby liberals bitch about the results, and it's good to see Obama's piss and shit agenda get kicked in the nuts. MSNBC was funny last night. They actually started turning on each other as the night rolled on. They still think they know better than all the stupid voters who were clearly disillusioned yesterday. LOL.

Que arrogant, condescending retort from Saden1....

US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit
US to spend $200 million a day on Obama's Mumbai visit - India - DNA
US to spend $200 million a day during Barack Obama’s visit to Mumbai | TellyCafe.com
Yea, me and a buddy watch MSNBC while playing cornhole in the garage. Finally it got so bad we switch over to NBC I think.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I really need to get out there- for the weed and everything else. My wife and I decided our next big vacation (probably not until next summer) is going to be California. Spend a week in wine country and finish it up with a few days in SD.

About 10 years ago my dad had a business trip that kept him in SD for almost two weeks. He had never been there before, but ever since that trip, he and my stepmom have gone back to SD every single year for a little r&r. He says it's his favorite place in the USA.
Cali is definitely on our list for vacation spots. It would be fun to do 2 weeks out there, hit San Fran, wine country, San Diego, etc. We kicked around the idea of doing it this year, but instead went for several small vacations instead. Heading back to New Orleans tomorrow for a long weekend!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Remember to go out and vote tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #69
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Shhhhhh. Your annoyance with the results of these mid-terms is funny to me. "Yeah, you got the House. So what? Doesn't mean shit! We're still better than you!" Waaa waaa waaa.

I'm having fun today watching the crybaby liberals bitch about the results, and it's good to see Obama's piss and shit agenda get kicked in the nuts. MSNBC was funny last night. They actually started turning on each other as the night rolled on. They still think they know better than all the stupid voters who were clearly disillusioned yesterday. LOL.

US to spend $200 million a day during Barack Obama’s visit to Mumbai | TellyCafe.com
I don't watch Fox News, so I have to ask out of ignorance--how gracious and self-reflecting were they on election night '08?
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #70
saden1
MVP

Quote:

Seriously dude that's some weak stuff. You bring "your annoyance is funny to me" and links that say "a top official of the Maharashtra government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said?" Get the fck out of here. My team is still on top no matter how you slice it.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #71
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
200 million dollars a day? LOL...you guys can't even be bothered to make up a credible number?
Your inability to pay attention is what helped this happen:

60 seats.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #72
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
seriously dude that's some weak stuff. You bring "your annoyance is funny to me" and links that say "a top official of the maharashtra government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said?" get the fck out of here. My team is still on top no matter how you slice it.
There it is! LOL!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #73
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Some more fun:

The left coast is seriously out of touch.

The best part...President Obama's seat went Republican. That's quite telling when his own constituents vote against the direction he's taking us.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #74
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
What all the liberals on here fail to realize is that Obama did not get elected based on his legislative agenda. That stuff appeals to you and his undeniable success in enacting it fools you into believing he did what he said he was going to do because that is the stuff you care about. He did a damn fine job of getting legislation through that you all like. What he didn't do. What he has failed so miserably at is what he promised he would do when he got elected. HOPE AND CHANGE. That is a much bigger idea. Spin it however you want tonight is an affirmation that his HOPE AND CHANGE mantra was what got him elected. People are tired of all of them...they think the system doesn't work. BO promised to come and fix that. He hasn't even tried. So tonight that part of his agenda, the most important part, he was held accountable for. The Pubs will come in and do nothing to fix it and we'll be back here again in two years. Rinse repeat.
Hold your horses until 2012...he wasn't running in this election.

-Jenkins
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #75
saden1
MVP

Quote:
There it is! LOL!!!
LOL, how is it different than how I normally am?

-Jenkins